Stem swap

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2019 2:05 PM

Swapped out the morrow v3 for the profile Mulville push.. as soon as I finished it started to down pour. Just my luck... cant wait for tomorrow to give it a go. Photo

|

8/28/2019 2:14 PM

They need to start adding washers to the stem bolts.

|

8/28/2019 2:19 PM

Cellmember wrote:

I didnt even think of it as being a problem? Have you run into an issue? If a few off of an older stem are used does it create an issue with not enough bite on the threads?

|

8/28/2019 2:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2019 2:23 PM

Cellmember wrote:

ESKEW77 wrote:

I didnt even think of it as being a problem? Have you run into an issue? If a few off of an older stem are used does it create an issue with not enough bite on the threads?

It just gouges the comparatively soft aluminum unnecessarily when washers are not in between the bolt and stem.

All the stems I've owned have washers if I recall correctly.

|

8/28/2019 2:23 PM

Cellmember wrote:

ESKEW77 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

It just gouges the comparatively soft aluminum unnecessarily when washers are not in between the bolt and stem.

Got ya.

|

8/28/2019 2:24 PM

Cellmember wrote:

ESKEW77 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Correct. Washers just make it that much better, chews up material without, but with does not, along with smoother tightening-loosening.

|

8/28/2019 2:25 PM

It is a nice stem though, got a push myself.

|

8/28/2019 2:59 PM

nice upgrade!!!

|

It’s all bmx

8/28/2019 3:03 PM

The Push Mulville is my favorite stem. Just be careful not to over torque as I’ve seen the top caps break from that.

|

8/28/2019 11:03 PM

Sweet! That's still one of my dream stems.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/29/2019 4:37 PM

Success!.. bars didnt move.

|