Sticker bombed frames

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2014 11:39 AM

Mongoose paint suks and was thinking about it? Opinions?

|

4/28/2014 11:49 AM

paint it

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

4/28/2014 11:51 AM

Do it if you like it? It's your bike, you gotta ride it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/28/2014 11:56 AM

I dont want to go with paint because it scratches too easy and dont want to powdercoat because thats out of my budget so i was thinking sticker bomb and a can of cheap ghetto mart clear would work well

|

4/28/2014 11:59 AM

95horsepower wrote:

I dont want to go with paint because it scratches too easy and dont want to powdercoat because thats out of my budget so i was ...more

About as well as paint and clear.

The stickers will scratch and the clear will wear off, leaving stock bike paint.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/28/2014 12:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2014 12:11 PM

Maybe i should just roll with the character look frame then. Function over form for free as well

|

4/28/2014 12:36 PM

Yes why not?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/28/2014 12:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2014 12:44 PM

Im turning the corner and agree. Bikes are made to be hammered and ridden, not parked as vag trailer queens.

|

4/28/2014 1:23 PM

make your bike you....stickers/paint. i love it. this was a year of stickers and shit, being a goofy rider doing front brake tricks and rocket manuals. here's a few fun examples of my bikes lol
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

It’s all bmx

4/28/2014 1:29 PM

If youre that worried about the paint..

Spray Aircraft grade paint stripper on it, let it soak, and wipe off the paint.
Either leave it raw (as is) or sand it and gauge grits. You can stop at a satisfying matt-silver color or you can continue to the finest grit possible and buff it to give it a chrome look (polished.)
Spray even coats of clear Adhesion Promoter and then use 2 cans of clearcoat and apply a light coat ever 40mins until there is no more clearcoat.

This will provide you with a consistent color that wont scratch or peel. However if you do manage to scratch through the immense amount of clearcoat, it will probably rust where the scratch is (unless you spray more clearcoat over it.)

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/28/2014 2:45 PM

Thanks

|

4/28/2014 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2014 2:49 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

make your bike you....stickers/paint. i love it. this was a year of stickers and shit, being a goofy rider doing front brake ...more

The 2nd one hhaha

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/28/2014 4:59 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

make your bike you....stickers/paint. i love it. this was a year of stickers and shit, being a goofy rider doing front brake ...more

what frame is in the third pic?

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

4/28/2014 7:24 PM

I remember someone here posted a picture of their friends bike covered with mcdonalds stickers and it didnt look half bad haha

|

4/28/2014 7:28 PM

cky199 wrote:

I remember someone here posted a picture of their friends bike covered with mcdonalds stickers and it didnt look half bad haha ...more

That was me haha holy shit I forgot all about that, I'll see if I can find a photo of it!

Another friend of mine covered his bike in black & white Vans stickers before too, it looked pretty neat

|

4/28/2014 7:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2014 7:30 PM

thinkin about going with my son's favorite show. A spongebob themed fractionlaughing

|

4/28/2014 7:40 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

That was me haha holy shit I forgot all about that, I'll see if I can find a photo of it!

Another friend of mine covered ...more

Found it

Photo

|

4/28/2014 7:48 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Another friend of mine covered ...more

Was pretty sure it was you haha, yeah id totally do that if i had that many McDs stickers.

|

4/28/2014 7:51 PM

cky199 wrote:

Was pretty sure it was you haha, yeah id totally do that if i had that many McDs stickers.

Only do it if you never plan on taking them of again haha, they were a fucking bitch to remove since they're not high quality stickers & ripped pretty easily and left behind little bits of the sticker too

|

4/28/2014 8:51 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Only do it if you never plan on taking them of again haha, they were a fucking bitch to remove since they're not high quality ...more

where does one acquire thus amount of thy stickers

|

Fuck BMX

4/28/2014 8:52 PM

SUNDAYBMX187 wrote:

where does one acquire thus amount of thy stickers

friend of mine who rode was a manager at McDonald's or something & took a whole roll of them from what I remember

|