Still having problems with chain getting loose when i grind.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/27/2011 3:17 PM

Well i posted on here before about it and im still having problems. Every time i grind, my chain gets really loose. I grind on the right side and use shadow little one pegs with the spin pins. What should i do?

|

Street. Park.

12/27/2011 3:26 PM

tighten the wheel as much as you can

|

12/27/2011 3:29 PM

My dad and I did. Still loose after like 5-10 mins of grinding.

|

Street. Park.

12/27/2011 3:37 PM

your best bet is to get 2 of these .
http://www.danscomp.com/shop-PARTS/ChainTensioners.html
and it will never get loose again.

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

12/27/2011 3:39 PM

What exactly do chain tensioners do and why would i need 2?

|

Street. Park.

12/27/2011 3:47 PM

you dont have to have 2 but it helps if you do

|

100+REFS
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

12/27/2011 3:55 PM

Thanks that cleared up alot! Whats a good tensioner to buy?

|

Street. Park.

12/27/2011 4:01 PM

do you use spacers in between your dropouts & nuts? or for your peg side, inbetween your peg & nut

|

12/27/2011 4:04 PM

keironw74 wrote:

tighten the wheel as much as you can

step on the tool that u are useing to tighten the bolt.

|

Check out my bike check :

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/Eddie-sitting-on-G-sports-with-some-comfortable-2-35-s,1248752

Refs : one size fits all , stksausce , lbonbi , swine ,Areanfsl , Ajp62696 , the bald (frame!) , Aguers , mattjmuldoon@yahoo.com , showtime402

12/27/2011 4:06 PM

Essentially they all do the same thing, Its just the fact of how much you want to spend and the look. So any of them will do
just make sure if you have 14mm get 14 or vice versa for 3/8ths

|

100+REFS
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

12/27/2011 4:07 PM

562_Rider. wrote:

step on the tool that u are useing to tighten the bolt.

This.

|

Life is like a Penis, simple, soft, straight, relaxed and hanging freely! Then women make it hard,.. \m/

12/27/2011 4:15 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

do you use spacers in between your dropouts & nuts? or for your peg side, inbetween your peg & nut

Yeah theres spacers in there

|

Street. Park.

12/27/2011 4:25 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

ty7 wrote:

Yeah theres spacers in there

alright i was gonna say that could be your problem but that rules that out

go for a chain tensioner

|

12/27/2011 4:30 PM

Before what my dad and i did was take screws and saw off most of the screw, only leaving the head. We fit those in and those worked as stops to keep the chain from getting loose. Now that stopped working and he says i dont need a chain tensioner and its pointless. How can i explain the significance of it?

|

Street. Park.

12/27/2011 4:34 PM

Take pics.

|

Life is like a Penis, simple, soft, straight, relaxed and hanging freely! Then women make it hard,.. \m/

12/27/2011 4:35 PM

chain tensioners will stop the wheel from moving back at all cause it pulls the axle back

|

100+REFS
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

12/27/2011 4:37 PM

if needed ill take some installation pics for you

|

100+REFS
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

12/27/2011 4:41 PM

Night Light wrote:

Take pics.

Pics of the little screw things?

|

Street. Park.

12/27/2011 4:44 PM

ty7 wrote:

Pics of the little screw things?

Huh? Did u try the foot-method?

|

12/27/2011 4:46 PM

No i didnt try it yet.

|

Street. Park.

12/27/2011 5:36 PM

get a left hand drive and flip ur cranks over to the left side ur chain is getting loose probly because wen u grind it hits ur chain and pulls ur rear wheel forward if u swap the sides what u grind will not hit ur chain and then ur chain should b tight

|

theBrotherhoodbmx

12/27/2011 7:33 PM

sand some pain of your dropouts and get chain tensors.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/28/2011 8:46 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

sand some pain of your dropouts and get chain tensors.

might be the best bet, if its tight as hell but still slipping, then you need to start looking at after market mods or frame work

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

12/28/2011 8:52 AM

ty7 wrote:

Before what my dad and i did was take screws and saw off most of the screw, only leaving the head. We fit those in and those worked as stops to keep the chain from getting loose. Now that stopped working and he says i dont need a chain tensioner and its pointless. How can i explain the significance of it?

why wouldn't that work anymore?

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/28/2011 9:15 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

I got a new, and different chain. We made new stoppers to fit because the old ones wouldnt. now its not working.

|

Street. Park.

12/28/2011 9:22 AM

ty7 wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

ty7 wrote:

I got a new, and different chain. We made new stoppers to fit because the old ones wouldnt. now its not working.

make "stoppers" that fit.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/28/2011 9:25 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

make "stoppers" that fit.

We did, they seem to fix really good. but it just didnt work

|

Street. Park.

12/28/2011 10:35 AM

parents can be the worst when it come to working on bmx bikes.

put grease on the axle/nut
sand/remove paint from the dropout
Tighten the PISS out of it.

a question, does the wheel move when you tighten it? if so, use something between the frame and tire to hold it inplace while you tighten the axle.

|

12/28/2011 10:41 AM

well when i had demo pegs this would happen to me no matter how tight i would tighten it, but what i did to fix it was put the washer between the peg and the frame, now i can put it in the peg but that did fix it, so maybe try that!

|

12/28/2011 10:48 AM

simple wheel slammers are also an option

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check