Stock frame weight

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2012 6:27 PM

Okay today i decide to findout what my stock frame weighed so when i get my new one i can see what to expect. When i weighed it, it came in at 5.5lbs for a stock fit prk 3. I just want to know if that seems around right for a stock frame to be around that considering everyone told me stock frames are only 4.9-5lbs.

|

9/9/2012 6:35 PM

That's about right... Who ever told you that was probably talking about top of the line complete frames, usually a "signature" bike.

|

9/9/2012 6:37 PM

alright, because im looking at a fit benny l frame and its 4.29lbs for the 21" and i just want to know if its going to feel 100% different or not.

|

9/9/2012 6:47 PM

jdrew wrote:

alright, because im looking at a fit benny l frame and its 4.29lbs for the 21" and i just want to know if its going to feel ...more

It's only about a pound, it won't feel a lot different. Good choice on the frame. The chinstays will be shorter so that'll be different, I'm not sure what angle headtube on the prk3 is but that might be a little steeper on the Benny too.

|

9/9/2012 7:05 PM

im pretty sure that the headtube is steeper also, people told me it will be easyer to get into a manual but harder to balance or something like that with a short chainstay but i want to try it out because right now im just in for something different because my stock frame is old ( 2010) but still has no dents or anything just a few scratches. So strength isn't one of my worries just something new is.

|

9/9/2012 7:23 PM

Word.. Welp the only thing to do now is get it and ride it..

|

9/9/2012 7:41 PM

I wouldn't get the Benny L I have it now and desperately hate it, it is a good learning frame for certain tricks but bike control is way more important than tricks to have (depends on people)....BUT if you want an inbetween frame that is good for both around the same geometry but an all around better frame, i recommend a sunday forecaster, best frame i ever had but it got stolen...right now im selling my benny l for a fiend embryo, gonna be dope!

|

9/9/2012 8:11 PM

my stock frame is 5.8 pounds. Total beast

|

9/9/2012 9:01 PM

ya, that seems about right, my stock 100% cromo Kink frame was right at 6, and when I changed to a 2010 Fit PRK3 it was noticeably lighter, I would guess there 5 1/4 to 5 1/2

|

9/9/2012 9:10 PM

My frame might've came off of a complete. I'll never know. ._. Probably like 5 pounds as well.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/10/2012 5:51 PM

CHANCExBMX wrote:

I wouldn't get the Benny L I have it now and desperately hate it, it is a good learning frame for certain tricks but bike ...more

I've been looking at the fiend embryo frame, it looks great as well. I'm looking at the because i like the weight and it doesn't seem flimsy like the fit frame would seem. I am not a fan of sundays but i have tried someones forecaster i don't mind it but i think ill go with a different frame but thanks for the help.

|