Stole my bike

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2018 3:14 PM

Someone stole my custom bike last night in Albany ny off of central avenue about a mile from Downtown. I know this is a long shot but I've been searching around my area all day and I've looked on all market websites to see if someone was selling it. Anyways, here's a few pictures of my steed. They left the front wheel behind so it's probably got some other wheel on the front. I just want my bike back....also general stolen bike story thread.

|

7/31/2018 3:16 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

7/31/2018 4:36 PM

that sucks. good luck getting it back. Make a police report....

was it not locked up or did they strong arm you?

|

7/31/2018 4:58 PM

pnj wrote:

that sucks. good luck getting it back. Make a police report....

was it not locked up or did they strong arm you?

Sounds like it was locked up but only to the front wheel.

Good luck! Hope you find it!

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/31/2018 5:05 PM

Thanks boys . Yeah it wasn't locked up but it was inside my screened porch with the front wheel off. I tried to file a police report but they literally laughed at me over the phone. City cops I guess.

|

7/31/2018 5:10 PM

grimey shit always going down in the 518

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

7/31/2018 6:07 PM

sucks for sure. lesson learned.

My bikes are chain locked to stuff inside my house.

|

8/1/2018 12:12 AM

Wow that's quite cheeky to steal shit from a screened porch. And nice to see the police is helpful as always.

Not really a stolen bike story but in the past years I have sold three of my used bikes to younger riders. Funny thing is, all three have been stolen from them within a month or two. I have a feeling some parents are thinking I have sold their kids a bike and then stolen it back latergrin

|

8/1/2018 12:59 AM

This sucks. But, is exactly why we should all have a good lock, or insurance.
I had a bike stolen twice (yep, same bike) and got it back both times, so there is hope!

|

8/1/2018 1:29 AM

I know your pain, I had my custom MTB cut from the bike rack on my car. Keep an eye on eBay / Craigslist new listings. They'll often try to flip stolen bikes online with a bad respray.

|