Stolen Sumo sprocket, Salt AM tl stem thoughts?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2014 9:36 AM

Just wondering if you guys have had any experience with either one, I'm on a budget and wanted to get something different then what everyone else has which is why I'm asking about the Salt tl stem, the Stolen Sumo sprocket is on sale on dans and wasn't sure about it since everyone hates their products, except for their team cranks, but the sprocket looks solid 6mm thick 7075 aluminum and the option to buy the guard later on sounds good

|

4/29/2014 10:11 AM

The sunday sabretooth is a bit thicker and a bit cheaper too.
As for the salt stem idk... How much is it? Id get a sunday tl.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/29/2014 10:23 AM

Yeah the Stolen Sumo looks good to me. I'd look in to the Sunday freeze stem though.

|

4/29/2014 11:38 AM

Either the Sunday Freeze or the Subrosa hold tight stem

|

4/29/2014 11:41 AM

Salt stem... No.
Stolen sumo? Great sprocket for the price. Love mine. Got sumos on two builds.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

4/29/2014 11:53 AM

My friend has the Sumo. SUPER thick and 7075. Mind you its a $55 sprocket too, so youre getting a good deal. You can purchase a guard for it too. I would definitely run one ESPECIALLY at that price.

Any stems in that price range will be pretty cheap and shitty. Look for something on sale or buy one used. Albes had Tree Collets on sale for $30 a while back. If you have decent knurling on your bars, it would be a GREAT stem to have.

If you cant find anything used/on sale, I would get the Sunday Freese. Its alot beefier than most other budget stems.

The Volume Staple slips ALOT and is really thin and skinny, I wouldn't recommend it. I say this because Ive seen it recommended on other threads.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/29/2014 12:27 PM

Definitely getting the sumo, and I guess ill get the freeze for now

|

4/29/2014 12:28 PM

BMXSkater wrote:

Definitely getting the sumo, and I guess ill get the freeze for now

Yep.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx