Stolen bike in socal

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2014 12:26 AM

If anyone sees this bike around SoCal area please contact me its my good friends bike here's the parts list
Frames a volume vessel 21.25
Forks are odyssey r32
Bars are Hoffman bama 9in
Wheels are rhd shadow raptor copper tie dye completes
Cranks are odyssey thunderbolts
Sprocket is a shadow copper tiedye
Pedals are odyssey jcpc
Seat is a Sunday with half assed black sharpie on the plastic bumpers
And almost new kink tires on it also the seat post is now polished
76055two0917
Photo

|

Refs- white knight

11/19/2014 2:56 AM

Damn man that blows. Did it happen in Phelan? Shouldn't be too hard to find it out there in the middle of nowhere. Lol. Keep watching Craigslist and you may get lucky, but chances are it's gonna sit in someone's house for months before it hits the streets/parks or gets parted out. Also hope your buddy knows the serial number on the frame or it's gonna be awfully hard to prove he owns it even if you do manage to locate it. If it wasn't registered (like all bicycles are technically supposed to be in CA), then for all the cops know, your friend could've just taken a pic of some random kid's bike and claimed it was his and stolen. Just sayin'. But hope your friend takes this as a lesson learned. Everyone knows cars are extremely easy to break into, and thieves make it a profession, and your friend just left $1k+ sitting on the front seat in plain sight. Every time I have to leave my bike in my truck, I also loop my lock thru the wheels and frame to the solid mounted frame of the seat for the extra protection from this exact situation. I do find it funny that they didn't take the system tho, but the bike was probably worth more and apparently the thief knew that. 9 times outta 10, thieves only take the quickest easiest to grab item, which unfortunately happened to be the bike this time. And I would say I'd keep a look out for it at local IE parks, but I just moved back to Phoenix today so I can't now unfortunately.

|

11/19/2014 7:18 AM

I'm in Santa Barbara, I'll keep an eye out but next time be more careful, there are always more precautions that you can take

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/19/2014 9:26 AM

If it was in your truck that should be insured dude. See if your policy covers stolen items!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/19/2014 2:36 PM

im in big bear/victorville ill watch out for it

|

11/19/2014 5:46 PM

I have video of him riding it as proof as well i do appreciate that everyone is willing to look out for it, he only has liability insurance on it so it won't cover it unfortunately he never had an issue with keeping his bike in his truck in the rear cab of it since his windows are tinted dark so someone was definitely watching him but still I agree with you havok he should have been more cautious about it and took his bike inside his gf house

|

Refs- white knight

11/20/2014 2:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2014 2:21 AM

Yeah man I definitely feel for your friend. That's exactly what led to my other bike getting stolen as well. Left it in my truck when I went into my gf at the time's house, came back out a few hours later in the morning and it was gone. Nothing like coming out after a great night with a fine chick, then going to completely pissed within a few seconds. And that sucks about the liability insurance as well. Same situation for me too. Learned my lesson tho, and now I do absolutely everything to prevent it from happening again

|

11/20/2014 2:41 AM

shit man. stolen stuff always sucks...

hope you end up finding it man.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "