Stolen build kit?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2018 10:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2018 10:04 AM

https://www.stolenbmx.com/products/2018-stolen-fiction-freecoaster-build-kit

What are the thoughts on this? Seems like good parts for a decent price. Can get this online for $375 shipped. Does anyone think any of the parts in this kit are shit?

Seems worth $375 for a freecoaster setup. Not a fan of the huge tires, but all ChroMo, 48 spline cranks, 9.5 bars...

|

2/17/2018 10:59 AM

bassist_nerd wrote:

https://www.stolenbmx.com/products/2018-stolen-fiction-freecoaster-build-kit

What are the thoughts on this? Seems like good parts for a decent price. Can get this online for $375 shipped. Does anyone think any of the parts in this kit are shit?

Seems worth $375 for a freecoaster setup. Not a fan of the huge tires, but all ChroMo, 48 spline cranks, 9.5 bars...

Definitely worth it.. the freecoaster is comparable to most on the market and I would say just 2 wheels cranks and bars would cost 375 if bought separate so it's a good deal.

|

2/17/2018 11:17 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Definitely worth it.. the freecoaster is comparable to most on the market and I would say just 2 wheels cranks and bars would cost 375 if bought separate so it's a good deal.

I guess it would depend if you bought those parts new or used, not to sound like a dick but my Profile Mini to Gsport Ribcage was $300... for one wheel. I didn't really want to pay that for one wheel, but then I tell myself there is a reason it was $300 lol

But I think that build kit would be sick dude! Go for it!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/17/2018 11:29 AM

It’s a good deal . I’d probably aim to save a little bit more and get the Fiction creature build ( without the frame ) , it has higher end parts .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/17/2018 11:33 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

It’s a good deal . I’d probably aim to save a little bit more and get the Fiction creature build ( without the frame ) , it has higher end parts .

This.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/17/2018 11:49 AM

I thought they were one in the same.

Ill look into the crature kit.

|

2/17/2018 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2018 12:19 PM

bassist_nerd wrote:

They are, I have the fiction creature kit and the kit comes with stolen parts. Only difference is it's not all stolen parts. Has fiction bars, forks, etc. Just a different colorway but I think it's the same parts. It's good. Pic is my avatar

|

2/17/2018 12:45 PM

Gr1z wrote:

They are, I have the fiction creature kit and the kit comes with stolen parts. Only difference is it's not all stolen parts. Has fiction bars, forks, etc. Just a different colorway but I think it's the same parts. It's good. Pic is my avatar

The Stolen kit comes with the Fiction bars, fork and headset, everything else is Stolen.

So overall you were pretty happy with all the parts and overall quality?

|

2/17/2018 1:18 PM

bassist_nerd wrote:

Gr1z wrote:

bassist_nerd wrote:

The Stolen kit comes with the Fiction bars, fork and headset, everything else is Stolen.

Stolen makes all the creature parts. It's like Odyssey and g sport. They are both good but gsport can be a little more expensive. The parts kits are really similar. All the parts are pretty much the same If I remember right besides fork bars and maybe pegs. Both kits are a good deal in my opinion. If you have never road a freecoaster it's worth the money at least to see if you like it..plus if you never road a coaster you don't want to spend a yon of money on one and end up not liking it..at least with the kit if you don't like the coaster hub that's the only thing you need to replace and you still have all the other parts

|

2/17/2018 1:20 PM

bassist_nerd wrote:

Gr1z wrote:

bassist_nerd wrote:

Actually the parts are exactly the same they just don't have the cool colors that the fiction one has. Just plain black.

|

2/17/2018 3:54 PM

I have this build kit as well in Trans Lagoon. I think it’s really worth it. If u search for the cheapest possible prices online for all the parts separately it will cost around $900 to build this bike. I got it for $552.96 shipped! Thanks NateBrown62 and Gr1z for posting this kit up in the other threads.

|

2/17/2018 4:28 PM

bassist_nerd wrote:

Gr1z wrote:

I didn’t research the differences , probably should have .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/17/2018 5:10 PM

bassist_nerd wrote:

Gr1z wrote:

I didn’t research the differences , probably should have .

Yup, if u look on the Stolen and Fiction websites you’ll see they’re exactly the same kits

|