Stolen heist for old guy.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2016 5:29 PM

Quick question. I ride MTB, but I have the itch to bmx. Stolen heist 21 inch TT. I am 50 200 lbs. I am just worried I will regret it it for being so small. I know the bars are high enough to clear my knees. Any comments will help. Thanks

|

9/7/2016 8:46 PM

anyone ?

|

9/7/2016 10:42 PM

How tall are you?

21 inch top tube should be fine for most folk. Unless you're really tall or really short....

|

9/7/2016 11:00 PM

5 foot 10

|

9/7/2016 11:21 PM

Yeah a 21" toptube will be plenty big enough. What kind of riding are you planning on doing? All bmx's will feel small and twitchy if you're coming from mtb, so it will take you a bit of time to get used to.

Welcome to the old guy bmx club! smile

|

9/7/2016 11:30 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah a 21" toptube will be plenty big enough. What kind of riding are you planning on doing? All bmx's will feel small and ...more

No back flips for me, just street riding ,bunny hops and maybe a 180 from time to time. How do the Stolen bikes hold up ?

|

9/8/2016 12:10 AM

They're not bad, but you get what you pay for really. The heist doesn't have a full chromoly frame, which is one of the main things to look for if you want it to last. But it has sealed bearings throughout which is good. It looks like it's a 20.8" toptube, not 21". That won't be drastically short for your height height though

|

9/8/2016 5:16 AM

I am in the same world...started on BMX in the 70's, went to MTB in the 90's, and now ride both. Going from MTB to BMX was not too much of an adjustment, and both have fed on each other as far as skill development.

I ride a 29+ MTb (Surly Krampus) and my old school 1988 Mongoose Californian Pro (for now) the Mongoose TT is like 20.25 and the Krampus is a medium (17" I think) so it is a big switch, but the Krampus was sort of designed with BMX geo in mind so it handles the same.

I am 6'0" and I know I need a longer TT on my BMX, but am still saving for a new one. It is funny that until I got on this forum, I never really knew or cared about feel...I just got on and rode. Now I do notice a difference

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence