Stop Teasing Me Interbike 2014

Related:
Create New Tag

9/10/2014 8:15 PM

Okay, they refuse to tell us about the most interesting coasters (Z Coaster, Clutch Coaster, Kink Coaster, etc).

Im annoyed that anyone would drop the wishbone. Thats right, Volume and Sunday. Which sucks. Idc about the tire clearance enough to sacrifice the nice wishbone. I really feel that they could make the wishbone part itself wider without worrying so much about tubes. The slicker Ross tires, i feel, don't look as good. Theyre still very nice, but i did like the original.

I also think that new Mutiny frame is pretty sweet. Nice dent resistent tubing, good geo, and its based on the Rune, which was based on the Loosefer, so thats cool.

Why does interbike have to be so mean and not discuss the real info and continue blabbing about "Signature Colors" which is irritating.

I don't like making negative threads, but COME ON INTERBIKE DISCUSS THE REAL SHIT.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/10/2014 8:28 PM

Sunday's dropping the wishbone style chainstay bridge?

Well, guess I'm just gonna have to stock up on Sunday Soundwave frames in case I ever break mine/them, because that's fucking stupid.

|

9/10/2014 8:37 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Well, guess I'm just gonna have to stock up on Sunday Soundwave frames ...more

They "dropped" it on the Broadcaster (Which never had a wishbone...) and the Radocaster or whatever the fuck it's called. The budget frames. They're keeping it on the Motoross and Soundwave. Makes sense since their wishbones are so much stronger, but do cost more to manufacture.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

9/10/2014 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2014 8:43 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Well, guess I'm just gonna have to stock up on Sunday Soundwave frames ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

They "dropped" it on the Broadcaster (Which never had a wishbone...) and the Radocaster or whatever the fuck it's called. The ...more

They dropped it on the Motoross this year. The only one left is the Soundwave. I guess i shouldve specified that.

http://www.vitalbmx.com/videos/features/Sunday-at-Interbike-2014,55964/rwg2008,2412

go to about 1:57

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/10/2014 8:50 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

They "dropped" it on the Broadcaster (Which never had a wishbone...) and the Radocaster or whatever the fuck it's called. The ...more

Ohh, okay good. I knew the Broadcaster never had it, but if they dropped it on the Motoross/Soundwave, that would be one dumb decision.

|

9/10/2014 8:54 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

They dropped it on the Motoross this year. The only one left is the Soundwave. I guess i shouldve specified that.

...more

They also dropped the 41 thermal from the MotoRoss., Not sure why. Hopefully they leave the Soundwave alone

|

9/10/2014 9:25 PM

Sunday is for kids

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/10/2014 9:30 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Sunday is for kids

Sunday is for people who want arguably the best frames out there right now*

ftfy.

inb4 a shit storm from ohioan

|

9/10/2014 9:31 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Sunday is for kids

They want to drop their quality so they can start making fixies and people won't get angry at them as much wink

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

9/10/2014 9:35 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

They also dropped the 41 thermal from the MotoRoss., Not sure why. Hopefully they leave the Soundwave alone

didn't they remove the wave DT for the motoross as well??

now they're making budget parts.
they should have made a spin-off brand for that.

that just makes me a sad panda.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

9/10/2014 9:39 PM

one try kid wrote:

didn't they remove the wave DT for the motoross as well??

now they're making budget parts.
they should have made a spin-off ...more

Hmm looks like it.

I really doubt they'd get rid of the 41 thermal, wishbone, and wave down tube on the Soundwave, or whatever the next version is. Otherwise they're gonna lose out on a lot of customers.

|

9/11/2014 6:17 AM

The MotoRoss is Aaron's signature frame. He was not a fan of the wishbone, the wave or the gusset and instead wanted a "classical" look. So that is what we gave him. The frame is by no means "budget", getting a super high level of strength without those features was a challenge but we did it.
The MotoRoss IS post weld heat treated with all the usual 41thermal steps, but has a slightly more limited version of the 41 thermal warranty so it isn't technically 41 thermal.

Jim also states in the video that the Soundwave has "square" chainstays, but they are actually the dent resistant profile which is a sort of round cornered rectangle. The Soundwave still has the wishbone and all that other good stuff.

I am also working on getting some more info on the Clutch hub released.

I hope this helps clarify.

smile
G.

|

9/11/2014 6:25 AM

Oh, hai G,

Since Sunday is making a frame that doesn't have a wave DT and that has been a factor why it's made in taiwan(correct me if i'm wrong) is it now possible that some frames will be made in MURICA in the near future?

|

But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

9/11/2014 6:33 AM

Gsport George wrote:

The MotoRoss is Aaron's signature frame. He was not a fan of the wishbone, the wave or the gusset and instead wanted a ...more

I really love it when a post i made is commented on by someone like Gsport George. I remember Jon Byers commented on something a while back too.

I'm not going to say the MotoRoss isn't still a great frame, because if you look at the Thunderbolt cranks (great cranks) they dont have the wrapped pedal or spindle bosses and still manage to be way stronger than a lot of other cranks with that.

i'm just not understanding as to why Aaron would want to change that. The wishbone has better clearance for sprockets and i'm pretty sure that he only rides a 2.1 rear tire too. So really he only cared about how it looked right there enough to do that?

And the Clutch still intrigues me, i was guessing there is a patenting thing so that may be why, but that coaster is definitely a 14mm true female axle, i noticed that part of it, which i know will sell big time because of the way it is.

Thanks so much!

|

9/11/2014 6:56 AM

one try kid wrote:

Oh, hai G,

Since Sunday is making a frame that doesn't have a wave DT and that has been a factor why it's made in ...more

The wave is one factor. But there are still lots of others.

It is easier to get high quality SEAMLESS tube and to get custom drawing and butting done (not just the wave forming).
Taiwan made a government level decision to invest in the cycling industry so there are huge resources, robotic heat treatment plants, CNC machinists and all the secondary processes like good paint.
There is so much that goes into building bikes, from the correct welding rods to boxes, cutting tools like reamers and taps to spoke forming machines, that is easy to find in Taiwan and a real headache to source elsewhere. It just makes sense to do it in the world centre for this stuff rather than try to do it in a country where industry mostly isn't interested.

smile
G.

|

9/11/2014 9:10 AM

So when are we gonna see the G coaster?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/11/2014 9:44 AM

Legendary thread! Mr. G. Pretty awesome.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

9/11/2014 10:24 AM

Boom
Photo

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

9/11/2014 10:49 AM

Thats pretty sweet, hopefully it wont be a 'we did something different!!' Thing and its actually better... Although i just thought the normal external adjustment wouldnt work with female....

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

9/11/2014 1:07 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Boom
Photo

I REALLY wanna see the internals for this...

and I hope it comes in Ano Red. I would LOVE that.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/11/2014 1:18 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Same, I bet it looka crazy in there. According to The Merged though on instagram, it uses a 14mm bolt on the non drive side, 10mm on the drive side. So there's that at least

|

9/11/2014 1:44 PM

I hate how the new products are out in Spring when Christmas is a few months away angry

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/11/2014 3:31 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Boom
Photo

dave lawrence wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Same, I bet it looka crazy in there. According to The Merged though on instagram, it uses a 14mm bolt on the non drive side, ...more

Currently we have prototyped two axle options.

One with 3/8" bolts both sides, and one with a 14mm bolt on the non-drive side.

The reasoning behind this is that we couldn't fit a 14mm bolt on the drive-side as it stands without seriously weakening the axle there. The axle staying straight is just one of the factors that is absolutely critical to making this type of freecoaster work. But on the non-drive side (which is also the side that you are likely to use most and hit hardest) we could, so we did.

I hope this makes sense and seems like trying to get the most out of everything.

smile
G.

|

9/11/2014 4:48 PM

Gsport George wrote:

Currently we have prototyped two axle options.

One with 3/8" bolts both sides, and one with a 14mm bolt on the non-drive ...more

makes perfect sense!

Thanks for clearing that up

|

9/11/2014 5:01 PM

Am I the only one that's been completely disappointed by pretty much everything at Interbike this year? The only thing that looked interesting to me at all is the Tree fork.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

9/11/2014 5:17 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Am I the only one that's been completely disappointed by pretty much everything at Interbike this year? The only thing that ...more

I'm pretty disappointed compared to last year. No ones really giving much info except about paint.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/11/2014 6:44 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Am I the only one that's been completely disappointed by pretty much everything at Interbike this year? The only thing that ...more

I'm more interested with what new things the MTB industry is putting out on interbike than what the BMX industry puts out... every year.

|

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

9/11/2014 6:59 PM

I was looking forward to interbike like crazy, but yeah. I'm like ehh overall so far.

Like: Animal freecoaster, but who knows if it lives or not. Subrosa big lock thing and the rail. Sher presented Subrosa really well in the vid. Odyssey Clutch looks interesting. Tree tire pump is pretty sweet.

Dislike: seems like the majority of things are just new colorways. Too many colored tires. A company that limits a new chain to 300. Not that Id want one, but that's seriously weak.

That's what I got so far.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

9/11/2014 8:17 PM

odyssey clutch looks good and shoul dbe a good revision of the khe, but everyone shit on it because it only has one 14mm, while all the others have 3/8s lol

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/11/2014 8:19 PM

Thank you Gsport George!!! And that helps with the internals slightly too. I am stoked for when we get to see the thing fully without the shell.

|