Stopped making directors

Related:
Create New Tag

11/14/2014 6:12 AM

Why did Odyssey discontinue the Director forks?

|

11/14/2014 6:23 AM

The world may never know. I'm riding a cracked pair of directors right now though. Photo

It has gotten worse in the past week too.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/14/2014 6:56 AM

CRACKED YOUR DIRECTORS!

but yeah. Probably because the very idea of them puts a lot more stress on the arms and crown of the fork. Odyssey knows they are pretty strong, but still they aren't as strong as the R-Series forks.

I think with some clever machining and maybe offering a shorter offset, they could bring them back. Odyssey is very good with designs, as we all know, and there is room for improvement, but right now, the R-Series will outlast some DIrectors.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/14/2014 7:47 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

CRACKED YOUR DIRECTORS!

but yeah. Probably because the very idea of them puts a lot more stress on the arms and crown of the ...more

lol. Odyssey isnt, OXT is haha wink

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/14/2014 11:35 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

CRACKED YOUR DIRECTORS!

but yeah. Probably because the very idea of them puts a lot more stress on the arms and crown of the ...more

EddiMundo wrote:

lol. Odyssey isnt, OXT is haha wink

Oh yeah, whoops. OTX is really really good and George French too, don't forget!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/14/2014 2:20 PM

Wasnt AS strong as they wanted, slightly higher warranty rate than cs2's and cost of production was higer than they wanted.

|

11/14/2014 2:32 PM

Probably because too many of them broke. Everyone I've ever known with a pair of Director forks has cracked them in the same spot in the photo blaaaaaaaaa posted.

|

11/14/2014 2:54 PM

I wish they would make a new version that didn't crack and could somehow not look bent. The 10mm dropouts are awesome.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/14/2014 3:02 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I wish they would make a new version that didn't crack and could somehow not look bent. The 10mm dropouts are awesome.

That was the whole idea behind the Director fork though. For the added dropout strength they had the dropouts come right out of the leg, increasing dropout strength & getting rid of the welds down there. But that left it with 0 offset, so they had to give it the bent look so compensate for that. At least I'm pretty sure, I'm going off old memories when I first read about them.

|

11/14/2014 3:02 PM

Director's v2 at interbike 2015 calling it. someone screenshot this

|

11/14/2014 3:05 PM

kaneBMX wrote:

Sooo.. Director v3/s3 you mean?

They already had a second version, it was labeled as the S2 Director

|

11/14/2014 3:35 PM

kaneBMX wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Sooo.. Director v3/s3 you mean?

They already had a second version, it was labeled as the S2 Director

Yeah, they'll bring out brand new Directors that are as strong as the R series and a few tweaks where they would usually break

|

11/14/2014 6:45 PM

13 mm offset director forks probably wouldn't crack and would feel like strands

32mm offset with that weird bend puts to much pressure in that area

Thats just what I think though

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/17/2014 9:18 PM

Even though I don't do super big drops or whatever, they're a collectible part now. I ended up getting ahold of some R32's after running my Directors for almost 3 years long. Still in great condition.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/18/2014 9:51 AM

Why would they bring them back? They weren't all that popular and their current forks are probably the most popular, reliable forks available. No need to waste money bringing back a weaker/less profitable design.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/18/2014 10:05 AM

Physics.

|