Strange rattle/lift from front end?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2015 11:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2015 11:47 PM

So I just got new bars, a new stem and new grips. I put them on and now the front fork moves forward and backward a bit. How do I fix this? I've already used the search bar and it wasnt helpful

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

3/2/2015 11:55 PM

Did you tighten your compression bolt? Make sure the top part of your forks are underneath the stem and not the not the other way around.

|

3/2/2015 11:56 PM

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

Did you tighten your compression bolt? Make sure the top part of your forks are underneath the stem and not the not the other ...more

YEah I tightened it pretty good. I dont really know what you mean by the top part of your fork but the stem is above it the forks. There's none of the forks showing is what I mean.

|

3/3/2015 12:00 AM

Actually there is a veerrry small bit of the fork show but its still within the walls of the stem.

|

3/3/2015 12:00 AM

Loosen your stem, tighten the compression bolt, then tighten your stem. Make sure you have enough spacers as well.

|

3/3/2015 12:04 AM

brianoob wrote:

Loosen your stem, tighten the compression bolt, then tighten your stem. Make sure you have enough spacers as well.

It only came with two spacers but I will do that.

|

3/3/2015 12:07 AM

brianoob wrote:

IT WORKED MANE!!! God it was so tormenting not being able to ride for 5 months then getting new parts and still not being able to ride. Thank you, dude.

|

3/3/2015 12:09 AM

tainted1581 wrote:

Actually there is a veerrry small bit of the fork show but its still within the walls of the stem.

Can you post a photo? If you can't try running a 2m spacer. I had this problem a couple weeks ago when I bought a new stem.

|

3/3/2015 12:16 AM

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

Can you post a photo? If you can't try running a 2m spacer. I had this problem a couple weeks ago when I bought a new stem.

Its all good now I fixed it smile

|

3/3/2015 6:24 AM

thx I just happened to raw my stem and this helped a lot.

|

3/3/2015 7:20 AM

I had that same problem. I was gonna suggest you do that ^, but brianoob did it already.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

3/3/2015 7:22 AM

And i know how you feel. I was grounded for 6 months, and when I finally got ungrounded, my hub bearings blew out on the driver, and now I can't ride again.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

3/3/2015 8:16 AM

brianoob wrote:

tainted1581 wrote:

IT WORKED MANE!!! God it was so tormenting not being able to ride for 5 months then getting new parts and still not being able ...more

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

3/3/2015 10:34 AM

Shortdude wrote:

And i know how you feel. I was grounded for 6 months, and when I finally got ungrounded, my hub bearings blew out on the ...more

Why did you get grounded? haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/4/2015 6:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2015 6:34 AM

Shortdude wrote:

And i know how you feel. I was grounded for 6 months, and when I finally got ungrounded, my hub bearings blew out on the ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Why did you get grounded? haha

Probably bullying scooter kids at the skate park ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

3/4/2015 7:24 AM

My grades have sucked cock for the past year and a half.

|