Stranger Ballast Hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2014 4:56 PM

Seen here on The Merged.

My apologies if this has been posted in the last few days, I've been bedridden with a concussion since Sunday and haven't been on much except to lurk certain things.

Anyway, the rear is supposed to be using Primo Mix internals, and has much thicker flanges. Looks really good in my opinion anyway.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

No specs on the front though, but these look dialed!

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Thoughts on them?

|

10/15/2014 5:21 PM

its like a mix with gsport flanges. i like them aswell

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/15/2014 5:23 PM

like the thickness

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

10/15/2014 5:28 PM

Looks good
the rear uses primo snap on guards and the front hub looks exactly like the nn4fl v2 guards, so the center axle is most likely a 15mm one. It might even be the same axle as the n4fl

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/15/2014 5:48 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Looks good
the rear uses primo snap on guards and the front hub looks exactly like the nn4fl v2 guards, so the center axle is ...more

This is what I thought too, but couldn't find any images to confirm it

|

10/15/2014 6:47 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Looks good
the rear uses primo snap on guards and the front hub looks exactly like the nn4fl v2 guards, so the center axle is ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

The shape between the flanges looks similar to the shape of the n4fl shell, but all we know is that it has a 15mm axle (at least I am 99% sure) and considering how stranger is going for i terchangibility with primo, using the same front axle would be beneficial

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/15/2014 6:52 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

The shape between the flanges looks similar to the shape of the n4fl shell, but all we know is that it has a 15mm axle (at ...more

Yeah that makes sense, I wonder if the bearing is pressed in further like the n4fl hubs are? or if it's just like a normal hub, and the hub guards it uses are the same as the n4fl, just with a shortened shoulder (if that makes sense haha)

Also another question is, I wonder if it will use traditional spokes?

First thing I thought of when I saw the thicker flanges was the G-Sport Vandal hub, and how they needed a special spoke to fit it.

|

10/15/2014 6:57 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

The shape between the flanges looks similar to the shape of the n4fl shell, but all we know is that it has a 15mm axle (at ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Yeah that makes sense, I wonder if the bearing is pressed in further like the n4fl hubs are? or if it's just like a normal ...more

It looks like it's not pressed in like the n4fl, rather it sits similar to a flanged hub and you can see a sort of "lip" before the cones, but it sort of looks like half of a bearing :/

I wouldn't think it would use custom spokes because the tooling cost would be a lot more and the increased cost of spokes would likely drive away potential customers

|

10/15/2014 7:01 PM

Hott Carl approved

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/15/2014 9:05 PM

If only it was female...then again the mix was one of the best hubs ever made and it was a male, These look good

|

When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead.

10/15/2014 9:21 PM

sunday bikes69 wrote:

If only it was female...then again the mix was one of the best hubs ever made and it was a male, These look good

Cult makes a female axle that fits the Mix (Not the Remix) since the Match/Match v2/Mix use the same internals.
If it was 3/8" female it wouldn't be better, 14mm female would be though.

But yeah, if my Match ever shits the bed beyond repair, or I just feel like getting a new cassette later down the road, I think I'll get the Stranger. Or the Match v2, both would be the same aside from the flange thicknesses

|

10/15/2014 9:32 PM

sunday bikes69 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Cult makes a female axle that fits the Mix (Not the Remix) since the Match/Match v2/Mix use the same internals.
If it was ...more

Everything you say makes perfect sense lol.

|

When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead.

10/15/2014 9:35 PM

48H and i may thinking about getting the rear

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

10/15/2014 9:37 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

48H and i may thinking about getting the rear

One of these in 48h = the last hub you'll ever need haha. Internals are amazing, plus the thick flanges combined with 48 spokes would be insanely strong.

|

10/16/2014 10:48 AM

Primo makes strangers parts

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

10/16/2014 11:24 AM

arent they making a coastersaurus v2 also thats supposed to be cassette/freecoaster switchable?

|

10/16/2014 5:05 PM

Silentman_Man wrote:

arent they making a coastersaurus v2 also thats supposed to be cassette/freecoaster switchable?

Pretty sure that was profile with the elite hub but could be wrong.

|

10/16/2014 5:15 PM

Silentman_Man wrote:

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

Pretty sure that was profile with the elite hub but could be wrong.

Nope t he y are supposed to release an Ezra internal based cassette/freecoaster

|

10/16/2014 5:36 PM

Effting wrote:

Primo makes strangers parts

Pretty much

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

10/16/2014 7:35 PM

had to go lil back but i guess its was real
Photo

|

10/16/2014 8:20 PM

^^^ I don't even need a new rear hub, but just that shape looks so good to me for some reason.

Might have to order a set of these into the shop I work at just to see them in person haha.

|

10/17/2014 1:20 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

^^^ I don't even need a new rear hub, but just that shape looks so good to me for some reason.

Might have to order a set of ...more

You totally should and then see if the daily grind guards fit wink

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

10/17/2014 2:40 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

You totally should and then see if the daily grind guards fit wink

I run the s&m cymbal in the rear and have for the last 2 & a half years with 0 issues at all, so I wouldn't buy a whole new guard. I'm sure the Daily Grind guard would fit but you'd probably have to spread your dropouts as with nearly every slide on hub guard.

|