Street Adventure

Related:
Create New Tag

1/31/2015 11:13 PM

So today , after a busy day at work , I bused home , relaxed a bit and ate some chili . I watched a couple edits online , when I decided to pick up my bike and go cruise. I've been busy so I figured biking would be a good breath of fresh air and to keep up. With the intent of going to a local mall spot for the thousandth time , I figured I cruise around instead. It was dark , decently cold , and just little traffic.

I go down the elevator , open the door , and begin to pedal uphill . I end up going to that mall spot like a mosquito to a light , but stirred off to some other areas. Hopping bushes , ledges , and manualling around cars and weaving through the quite streets , I leave my usual area and venture offwards to the "shadier" part of town. With the buzzing knowledge that I should be aware of my surroundings , I pedal faster and leave my thoughts behind. I get to a local Superstore , which looks like an abandoned war zone , very bleak and the grind littered in trash. I cruise around , doing some little jibs , and finding a decent ledge. I thought about trying it , but alas I deemed it for another day , as I was without a helmet and just wasn't in the mood. As most know , I don't grind very well. Continuing down the street , I get to a soccer field area . With a couple manual pads in form of curbs , I decided to express myself by doing some jibs like manualling the pad then coming back around and hopping into the dip where wheelchair confined - people can get up , and nose manualing the other side / dip. With that , I leave where a long ledge catches my eyes . I ride towards it , and store it in my future potential thoughts for clips. I take my phone out and take pictures of my bike , and sit down and enjoy the silence of the night. Rain begins to fall , which activates the biker instinct ; "Get home !" . Feeling full of energy , I pedal fast and bomb down the street , hopping high into the road and then continuing by running yellow lights feeling cheeky , hopping over off those small ledges , and nollieing off manholes into streets. I blaze through the old mall spot , hopping bushes and curb pads at high speeds. I eventually slow down , and admire how much I appreciate a bike. Even without the ability to hop whip on demand , 5 cab or nose manual forever , I get the rush of simple 180's and "street" riding. I smile , and acknowledge my friend , in the form of a bike.

For anyone that managed to read this , I hope it helps motivate people to enjoy BMX while visualizing what got them to love BMX. It was one of those nights for me , and I hope someone else can experience something similar. The joys of just pedalling around a new area , and finding spots rideable and to-hard-for-my-skill spots , makes me understand why I bike. Pictures up in a bit.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/31/2015 11:32 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/31/2015 11:38 PM

It'd be better if you rode a Sunday.

|

2/1/2015 12:10 AM

Lolocaust ^^

Honestly I love just cruising aimlessly on warm nights, so good for clearing the head and hauling ass with no specific destination is so much fun.

|

2/1/2015 2:02 AM

While I've given you crap over the Ck and all, that was cool. I just suck at street really badly. I can't figure out how to even 180. So I end riding trails, which I'm good, but that sense of adventure is not there.

|

2/1/2015 10:23 AM

riding bikes rules.

curious what a bad neighborhood in canada is like..?

|

2/1/2015 10:33 AM

pnj wrote:

riding bikes rules.

Some pissed off polar bears.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/1/2015 10:59 AM

pnj wrote:

riding bikes rules.

A ton of moose and no maple syrup and no one says sorry eh

|

2/1/2015 11:15 AM

pnj wrote:

riding bikes rules.

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Some pissed off polar bears.

lol

|

When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead.

2/1/2015 2:37 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Lolocaust ^^

Honestly I love just cruising aimlessly on warm nights, so good for clearing the head and hauling ass with no ...more

This. On a nice night, or even a wet night it feels so good to just go fast through town and stuff.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/1/2015 6:06 PM

Those ledges look nice. Small spots can be the most fun to ride. You should go back with wax!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/1/2015 7:28 PM

I would bang those ledges even if they were dry and not ready for a pounding.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/1/2015 7:31 PM

Hey Blake can you delete the " custom colony" thread? it's really annoying.

|

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV)
Sold to: storeboughtchild,Maximusbikes,cro tec,Showtime402,Kevinbrock338,dktechethan,Robinson79
Traded: livefreeordie2332(x2), Aebasher.
TXT Me (480)340-7551

2/1/2015 7:35 PM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

Hey Blake can you delete the " custom colony" thread? it's really annoying.

No.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/2/2015 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2015 8:25 AM

CSB! Really

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

2/3/2015 7:37 AM

You should write a book lol. That sounds fun though.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/3/2015 10:06 AM

Awesome post dude!

|

Everyday is a gift!

BMX PATRIOT

BMX Donation Program
NORTHEAST CHAPTER of the MIDWEST BMX DONATION PROGRAM IS IN NEED OF YOUR USED BMX BIKES and PARTS.
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!