Street Mafia doesnt give a sh!t about you

Related:
Create New Tag

10/24/2008 6:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:32 PM

So I'm deployed for 15 months to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and having extra money i wanted to build my dream bike, the bike ive always wanted with whatever parts i want regardless of what they cost.. trying to do the cool thing and support my rider owned bike shops i decided to place a rather big order with Street Mafia BMX.. the order was just a front wheel, a seat, a lever, a brake and pedals but the total came to 700 dollars and for all that i got the wrong parts, they took 24 days to ship, and when i got the wheel i ordered.. it wasnt even put together.. i ordered a profile ss front hub with 14mm titanuim axle, marwi titanium spkes in gray and an alienation runaway rim.. they said the shipping was delayed because they didnt have the ti axle in stock but of course they didnt tell me that until well after i already paid for the parts and im assuming thats why they sent the rainblow spokes as well.. so now im stuck here in the desert 24 days and 700 dollars later, and i still can ride... my advice.. just order from dans.. itll be there in less than a week.. and they've never f'd up an order from me at least. street mafia just doesnt give a shit about you.

so.. can anyone walk me through lacing a rim with no truing stand and no spoke wrench????

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

a08's Bike Check

10/24/2008 7:11 AM

36 or 48 spoke? if you have a small crescent wrench you can do it, but you WILL mess up the nipples. Same with a pliers.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/24/2008 7:11 AM

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/24/2008 9:23 AM

you can do it, but its gonna be a bitch.

|

ride albany NY? let me know.

10/24/2008 10:35 AM

i found a great walk through on the gsport site, ill see if i can find it.

|

10/24/2008 10:40 AM

http://www.gsportbmx.com/tech/guide_wheelbuilding.php
here it is hes doing a 48h in 4 cross, but if your doing 36h 4 cross its the same thing, and if your doing 3 cross its the same thing but with one less cross, then as your lacing it tighten every ting evenly all way round and it should come out decently trued. Good Luck, and dont get frustrated it'll take you a few tries before you get it right.

|

2/22/2009 5:26 PM

were are you at in iraq...?? i got a stand...

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

2/22/2009 6:28 PM

that sucks

|

2/22/2009 7:23 PM

ya as hyped as dans is.....they know whats good

|