Street Style Foam Pit at Woodward

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2014 3:00 PM

What do you guys think? I wonder what kind of effect it will have...

|

4/18/2014 3:02 PM

Yuck nonononono. Not good. It is just stupid!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/18/2014 3:12 PM

Isnt te foam pit where you go to a flying out and land in like pool with soft stuff?
If its, i see it a bit pointless.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/18/2014 3:14 PM

Seems like a waste of money and foam. Park rats would go crazy over it but to people who ride street often, it's pointless.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/18/2014 3:20 PM

I'd only see this useful if it had a downrail or other street oriented obstacle above the foam.

|

4/18/2014 3:36 PM

It's like a foot tall rail and ledge into foam at the bottom of a small stair set.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/18/2014 3:49 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

It's like a foot tall rail and ledge into foam at the bottom of a small stair set.

Cough cough *lame* cough cough

|

4/18/2014 5:45 PM

It's fucking stupid. It just promotes kids to be pussies.

|

4/18/2014 5:56 PM

zach, what do you think???

|

4/18/2014 9:11 PM

Well if there is a rail maybe we will finally see a bar to tooth hanger.

|

4/18/2014 9:24 PM

ifufanu wrote:

Well if there is a rail maybe we will finally see a bar to tooth hanger.

Watch Garrett Reynolds read this, then go and do one. To a hard 540. Then full cab to fakie.

|

4/18/2014 10:00 PM

Meh.. It has it's uses I guess.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/18/2014 11:07 PM

I don't see the point of it. Normal foam pits have their use as it's good to learn tricks on, but if say someone learned truckdrivers in to foam, they then could take it to a normal quarterpipe, then to a bank, then to flat, then off a ledge and then finally down some stairs (or in whatever order)?

|

4/20/2014 10:01 AM

It destroys the point of STREET. Soon we will have people flip 180ing stair sets and shit. I really dont like it.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/20/2014 10:05 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

It destroys the point of STREET. Soon we will have people flip 180ing stair sets and shit. I really dont like it.

As much as I don't like this, seeing flip 180s sent down stairs wouldn't annoy me one bit!

|

4/20/2014 10:18 AM

I don't really get the point of it. Everytime I session a handrail or any rail at the skatepark I'm not as concerned with the landing after it, I'm more concerned about hitting the rail with my balls or get down on the stairs and break my ankle or shit like that.

|

4/20/2014 11:21 AM

It'd be better if it was an up rail to foam. But yeah, its weird.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/20/2014 12:02 PM

Seems pointless.

Although it MIGHT be better for those kids who are afraid of stairs. But why not just make soft stairs and a resi bottom of the set? Honestly I see this being pointless.

Unless it is an uprail setup.

Whip to tooth hanger would come about faster I bet though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2014 12:54 PM

ehh why not just make a drop to foam? Then you can put removeable rails and benches on it and whatever?

The only thing i'd use it for it like learning to truck stairs. Everything else would be kinda silly.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/20/2014 1:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 1:46 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

ehh why not just make a drop to foam? Then you can put removeable rails and benches on it and whatever?

The only thing i'd use it for it like learning to truck stairs. Everything else would be kinda silly.

I like that idea much more.. but at least this'll open the doors for more creative setups in the future. Better than just having the standard 'jump to pit' option that's been used for years.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/20/2014 1:49 PM

I'm sure there were people a long time ago thinking tramplone bikes were dumb too...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2014 2:26 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I'm sure there were people a long time ago thinking tramplone bikes were dumb too...

I mean, in a practical sense trampoline bikes are stupid. I have one, it's fun to just mess around with, but it doesn't help me learn real tricks. I can double bar on my trampoline bike but i can't let go of the bars on my real bike. Two very different things there.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/20/2014 11:50 PM

I really think this thing will be a bit more of a gimmick than a tool that pushes street riding, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'd still love to see a whip to double peg down a legit rail. Dave Osato damn near pulled one at Metro Jam ten or so years ago... Long before a "street-style foam pit" was even a flash in anyone's imagination.

|

4/21/2014 6:08 AM

That's because Dave Osato is the man!

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/21/2014 10:59 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

That's because Dave Osato is the man!

YES.

|

4/21/2014 2:06 PM

It's like park riders landing a trick on resi and calling it "Worlds first"

Street riders , take it to the streets...not supposed to be easy to ride and designed to shred. Takes the point out of "street". I'd love to try a hop 360 tuck nohander to icepick on it though LOL

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short