Streetland Riding

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2013 11:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2013 11:36 PM

Who here is into streetland style riding?
Streetland is a mix of street and flatland.
I know Topsey and XXohioanxx( I think) are.
Anyone else?
What are your thoughts?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/17/2013 11:51 PM

Well I kind of have a Flatland style, but I ride Park most of the time (Banks and Grind Boxes etc). Does that count?

|

8/17/2013 11:59 PM

I rode pegless with a rear brake and a cassette for awhile this summer because I was riding trails because that's all my friends wanted to do. Hate it. Running 4 pegs and a coaster again and I'm throwing the front brake on when I decide to get off my ass haha. Love it. So much you can do.

I'm probably going for a longer frame (21-21.25) for my next frame but with a shorter rear end (Probably 13.25, might go shorter) so it'll give me more room but still be responsive.

I don't really do much flatland but I'm trying to get into it. I just use the coaster for fakie hops, the front brake for horrible nosepicks, and the 4 pegs for rocket manuals hahaha.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/18/2013 12:04 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I rode pegless with a rear brake and a cassette for awhile this summer because I was riding trails because that's all my ...more

well that's all I can do as far as flatland goes but i'm trying to learn lol

|

8/18/2013 12:08 AM

Oh yeah, and I ride both Brakes, and 3 pegs at the moment, 2 at the back and 1 at the front as A) I use my Back Pegs a lot more than the front, when I rode 4 pegs I barely ever used the front left but I always do Feeble Easy 180s and Rocketmans so I still have both back Pegs and cool The Nut (Male Axle) on the left of my front hub stripped so I had to use a 15mm one which would mean I'd have to carry around a ratchet, extension and socket around with me if I rode a peg on that side (I use a T-Bar and Tube Spanner for my Pegs, but I don't have a 15mm Tube spanner). I might go back to 4 when I get a new 17mm nut though. I'm currently running a Cassette but I wan't to get a Coaster when I have the money.

|

8/18/2013 12:13 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Oh yeah, and I ride both Brakes, and 3 pegs at the moment, 2 at the back and 1 at the front as A) I use my Back Pegs a lot ...more

Haha. Straight up adam banton style. You should really try a coaster. I had one in 2009 and didnt like it so I sold it. Got another in 2011 and liked it but couldn't commit so I traded it. Then I bought one a month ago and haven't looked back. Loving it!

|

8/18/2013 12:18 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Oh yeah, and I ride both Brakes, and 3 pegs at the moment, 2 at the back and 1 at the front as A) I use my Back Pegs a lot ...more

tomdon wrote:

Haha. Straight up adam banton style. You should really try a coaster. I had one in 2009 and didnt like it so I sold it. Got ...more

Haha yeah, Adam Banton is my favourite rider, and I'm not saying I set up my bike to copy him, but I toyed with riding 3 pegs like that for a while but never did because I thought it looked stupid. But when I saw that he now rides it liked that I thought well if he can do it then I can. And yeah I'll get a Coaster when I get the money; my list of things to get for my Bike at the moment is Frame and Cranks then Coaster.

|

8/18/2013 12:20 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

tomdon wrote:

Haha. Straight up adam banton style. You should really try a coaster. I had one in 2009 and didnt like it so I sold it. Got ...more

BMX_Forever wrote:

Haha yeah, Adam Banton is my favourite rider, and I'm not saying I set up my bike to copy him, but I toyed with riding 3 pegs ...more

What frame and cranks? And yeah adam banton is sick. The original creative rider

|

8/18/2013 12:25 AM

tomdon wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Haha yeah, Adam Banton is my favourite rider, and I'm not saying I set up my bike to copy him, but I toyed with riding 3 pegs ...more

tomdon wrote:

What frame and cranks? And yeah adam banton is sick. The original creative rider

Not really sure, but I'm thinking maybe a Subrosa DTT. I'm thinking maybe Thunderbolts for the Cranks. The new Solid Cutlass Frame has my perfect geo though so I kind of want to get that.

|

8/18/2013 12:29 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

tomdon wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Not really sure, but I'm thinking maybe a Subrosa DTT. I'm thinking maybe Thunderbolts for the Cranks. The new Solid Cutlass ...more

I've wanted a subrosa dtt since the first version. And can't go wrong with thunders. But solid is just that...solid.

|

8/18/2013 12:32 AM

I've been thinking of getting a gyro setup for a few months now. I have the money I'm just not sure if I'd like it.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

8/18/2013 12:33 AM

tomdon wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Not really sure, but I'm thinking maybe a Subrosa DTT. I'm thinking maybe Thunderbolts for the Cranks. The new Solid Cutlass ...more

tomdon wrote:

I've wanted a subrosa dtt since the first version. And can't go wrong with thunders. But solid is just that...solid.

Yeah I've wanted a DTT for quite a while as well.

I might make a little Park/Streetland edit today, I'll post it up in here if I do.

|

8/18/2013 12:35 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

tomdon wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yeah I've wanted a DTT for quite a while as well.

I might make a little Park/Streetland edit today, I'll post it up in here ...more

Please do!

|

8/18/2013 12:36 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I've been thinking of getting a gyro setup for a few months now. I have the money I'm just not sure if I'd like it.

I had a Gyro for a year and a half, and I switched to a Straight Cable and I've loved it for the two months so far I've had it. The Gyro was easier to adjust, but it seemed to need adjusting more often. Also bear in mind that I do next to no Barspin/Whip tricks, so I didn't really need a Gyro.

|

8/18/2013 12:37 AM

This is an older pic of my street/flat setup. Things have been changed but I dont have any recent pics.

Photo

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/18/2013 12:37 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I want one but no gyro tab holes. And no place around here will drill em for me. I mention heat treated and they're like we can't do it. I'm tempted to drive up to fbm and have them do it for me. They're only 3 hours away

|

8/18/2013 12:39 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

This is an older pic of my street/flat setup. Things have been changed but I dont have any recent pics.

Photo

I like that alot.

|

8/18/2013 12:39 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I had a Gyro for a year and a half, and I switched to a Straight Cable and I've loved it for the two months so far I've had ...more

I don't either, but I hate straight cable. Just annoys me haha. I just always switch back and forth with brakes, which is one of the reasons why I kinda want a brakeless frame.

That new Solid frame you mentioned looks great, too.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

8/18/2013 12:42 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Photo

Nice! How well does your Front Brake work? Because every set up I've seen has the Cable routed over the cross bar instead of under it.

|

8/18/2013 12:48 AM

I just installed my first front brake so hoping I can steal a few flat moves for my trick list

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/18/2013 12:53 AM

I love my r32s and wanna keep them but I wanna try front brakes. Does anyone have experience with the u brake plates?

|

8/18/2013 1:09 AM

Brakes worked fine . Most had troubles with this fork/brake combo. Some forks had the brakes mounts welded on crooked, mine were slightly off but I modded everything with dietech flexies to fine tune it. There were a lot of debates about the KGB Space Fork V2. Im currently running Odyssey flat forks now with a traditional brake setup. Different stem and bigger bars.

Photo

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/18/2013 4:26 AM

I'm brakeless and pegless and do some weird stuff that could be classed as flatland? T-bog double footjam roller thing apparently that's flatlandy? I've never looked into flatland but from what i've seen it looks impossible.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

8/18/2013 6:15 AM

I can get into this thread. I ride it all. One handed rocket manuals anyone? Front and back brakes are fun.

|

It’s all bmx

8/18/2013 6:17 AM

&feature=youtube_gdata_player
|

It’s all bmx

8/18/2013 7:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2013 7:34 AM

Horror, your bike is LEGIT!! I have my Benny L in limbo right now & i am contemplating whether to put a Freecoaster on it or not because i have big plans for my Custom FBM in the not too distant future! I am getting my BSD/Eclat build first & whilst that thing will be massive i will be running a Freecoaster on it! But the Custom FBM is deffo becoming a Streetland bike. Just got to get the funds together after the BSD/Eclat bike is finished!

As for the whole Streetland style of riding, it is properly fun! I like having a bike i can ride for my 2 favourite disciplines of riding without having to switch back n forth. Once you get used to riding the shorter Top Tube for Street the world is youe oyster for different tricks & links!

|

8/18/2013 7:52 AM

streetland?

I just call it freestyle....

|

8/18/2013 8:24 AM

pnj wrote:

streetland?

I just call it freestyle....

This!

|

8/18/2013 11:01 AM

Matthias Dandois is the definition of streetland riding.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/18/2013 12:33 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Matthias Dandois is the definition of streetland riding.

Does the name Randy Taylor ring a bell.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.