Streetland(topsey look here!)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/28/2014 5:34 PM

Ok so to start......I know topsey doesn't consider matthias streetland at all but after this new edit you cant even say that anymore! This was amazing i screamed multiple times haha!




Next question. What is some more flatland stuff i can try that is easier? I have been trying it on and off(mostly off) but its hard to stick with it when all i really know is rocket bars. but this video has really gotten me into it.
|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/28/2014 5:46 PM

It's called freestyle

|

3/28/2014 5:47 PM

that song is terrible couldn't finish the video

|

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

3/28/2014 5:59 PM

Riding was awesome, music was horrid.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/28/2014 6:11 PM

Major Props To Matthias! He's REALLY Stepped Up His Street Game! There were some LEGIT Street Clips in that! I know there's already a "It's Called Freestyle" comment, But Streetland is an Evolution of Freestyle!!! Matthias was a Flatlander attempting to Ride Street & of Course I'm a Street Rider attempting to add in Flat! My New Bike is gunna be so far from Streetland there's not point in even attempting it haha! But The Utopia will be finished in October when All The Eclat Parts I want are out! With My Shoulder & Back I've got to be a little careful on such a Small Bike BUT, BUT!!! I'm going to be throwing down on the Big, Big Bike & then I'll be practicing the Flat Moves on the Utopia & I hope to have it all merged into one for an Edit next Spring! I'll have had time to build up more muscle in My Upper Body, Get Some Heavy Street under My belt & the same for Flat a good session once a week should get Me progressing at a steady rate! I gotta admit it wont be anywhere near on the level Matthias just THREW DOWN! That was Fucking Impressive!

|

3/28/2014 6:12 PM

That last clip. And I liked the music.

|

3/28/2014 6:35 PM

pnj wrote:

It's called freestyle

Obviously... but so is everything... Freestyle is too broad of a term... If somebody asked you what you did you would more than likely say trails... not freestyle...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/28/2014 6:36 PM

hahaha i didnt have headphones so i didnt even hear the song.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/28/2014 6:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2014 6:51 PM

I've been riding bmx bikes since before pegs existed. When pegs showed up, we started calling it freestyle.

if its not racing , it's freestyle. It has always evolved and always will. It doesn't need a new name.

P.S. get off my yard!!

|

3/28/2014 6:59 PM

well then in that case you are the 1percent of the bmx community.... Its all still freestyle but there are more specific names... If i say freestyle then you dont know if i ride dirt or if i ride flatland and those are EXTREMELY different.


Its like rock music.... Imagine dragons and metallica and black veil brides are insanely different! But they are still rock... Imagine dragons being more alt bvb being screamo and metallica being metal.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/28/2014 8:17 PM

Haha pnj I was a proper nipper when the liberty pegs came out!

I consider everything freestyle, doesnt need a fancy name.

|

3/29/2014 7:46 AM

THe edit was pretty good. The musci was meehh. Id like to know some easy streetland tricks ahah.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/29/2014 9:48 AM

Sweet

|

3/29/2014 10:26 AM

hey josten october... long time no see!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/29/2014 11:46 AM

This music was 5000x better than whats used in 90% of other edits. Seems like EVERYBODY wants to use wanna-be gangster rap shit for their edits these days. Cant stand it.

That last clip made me jizz.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


3/29/2014 11:52 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

This music was 5000x better than whats used in 90% of other edits. Seems like EVERYBODY wants to use wanna-be gangster rap ...more

it was pretty good.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/29/2014 11:59 AM

Ehh more flatland than it was street, but definitely enough street to call it that! Haha

Streetland is sweet, i doubt i could pull it off. I can do more basic flatland tricks (i learned them from the iternet and a book that was given to me) but i dont enjoy them enough to try to do it all and alter my setup. Cool video, but the music wasn't the best and it didn't match.

I think if you call it freestyle, you must do it all.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/29/2014 3:27 PM

Whats it called when you just ride around jumping over shit? Cause thats what I do haha!

|

3/29/2014 3:48 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ehh more flatland than it was street, but definitely enough street to call it that! Haha

Streetland is sweet, i doubt i ...more

definitely more flatland but its cool because he's also one of the top flatland riders and wins flat comps all the time. so its cool that he is adding in a bit of street too it.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/29/2014 4:09 PM

What he is doing is beast! That dude is fucking skilled!

|

3/29/2014 4:24 PM

soooooo flowy!

|

3/29/2014 8:29 PM

I feel like this is going to be a super unpopular opinion, but does anyone else feel like matthias is just becoming a sub-par street rider? With street riders integrating tricks like g turns, nose mannies, or hang 5s I really didnt see much I haven't seen in a street riders video. I re-watched specifically to count, and there were only 4-5 clips that I could really say are "streetland" and not just technical riding. There are guys like THIS that do everything matthias does plus more

|

3/29/2014 8:53 PM

Yes he is a sub par street rider. but hes not a street rider... he keeps most street stuff chiller but if you watch his strictly flat
stuff then hes amazing...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/29/2014 8:55 PM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

I feel like this is going to be a super unpopular opinion, but does anyone else feel like matthias is just becoming a sub-par ...more

Thats true but he is better than your average pro

|

3/29/2014 8:59 PM

he goes more towards the tech side while his street counter parts go more towards the burly side...




its hard to add all of the flatland stuff into street.. So most of it is similar but when hes straight flat u see how much better he is...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/30/2014 8:01 AM

The reason I started riding BMX again is because of that guy Matthias.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/30/2014 8:04 AM

neophyte16 wrote:

The reason I started riding BMX again is because of that guy Matthias.

I started mostly because aaron ross hahha.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/30/2014 9:12 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Riding was awesome, music was horrid.

I never watch vids with music on, usually I dislike it, but also I am mostly working so I cannot have music on too loud, so I just mute it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/30/2014 9:52 AM

T-rider wrote:

I started mostly because aaron ross hahha.

yup and him too.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.