Strict parents

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2017 9:08 AM

Hey guys, I started doing street bmx back in december. I have been getting good ans have wanted to ride at this place around 20 mind from my house, and the area is filled with spots. I live in an area that has no spots and is rural, so I want to ride here. The only thing is, my parents will not let me ride with friends without constantly stalking me. What do I do? Btw I'm 12

|

3/4/2017 9:20 AM

Let them stalk you. You're only 12! So as long as you're not doing anything you shouldn't be doing you've got nothing to worry about. It could also be a good way for them to see you ride, see how much you like it, and make them want to encourage you more

|

3/4/2017 9:30 AM

moistureized wrote:

Hey guys, I started doing street bmx back in december. I have been getting good ans have wanted to ride at this place around ...more

What do you do? The same thing as every other 12-year-old: nothing.

Like Steve said, you're 12. What you describe is very much part of being 12.

|

3/4/2017 11:18 AM

Watch little devil criminal mischief and Fbm all time low , then break the rules and go anyways , don't listen to me though I give bad advice that's just what I would have done at 12 , or you could just make a 4th thread about it

|

3/5/2017 11:36 AM

i mean you are 12

|

3/6/2017 7:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2017 7:08 AM

The good thing about rural is you have space to build ramps. A friend of mine grew up on a ranch/farm in North Texas. Didn't even have a paved road to ride as a kid. But he built ramps.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Start out with a small launch ramp like this. Then gradually build bigger ones.

Photo

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

http://forums.mtbr.com/urban-dj-park/thrasher-80s-ramp-plans-jpg-intensive-485306.html

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

3/6/2017 7:27 AM

Well as a parent I can tell you it's out of love. You're only 12 and still a kid! You have good parents that want you to be safe! Just do the right thing, ride with good kids, and stay out of trouble! Prove that to your parents and they'll slowly start letting you do more and more over time

|

3/6/2017 8:31 AM

Agreeing with sean above. Let them "stalk" you. Then dont do anything wrong. Follow curfew. Do what they say at home. They will gain trust in you and then all the sudden they will be on your side.

This was my situation as a teen. I stayed out of trouble; for the most part didnt five my parents crap, and by 14, I had no curfew; they would help me buy things for my bikes and drum set becasue they knew I would pay them back. They knew when my friends and I went riding, we were not doing deviant stuff. When I started driving, there were also no rules about where I went becasue my parents trusted me. All of my other freinds were always grounded, or in trouble. They always blamed it on their parents, but it was usually them being douchebags, or doing stupid stuff and getting caught. They were always like :"dude. How come you never get in trouble?" I was like : "cause I dont do dumb stuff"

Your parents can be your best freinds, or your worst enenmies....it is all up to you. Not them. They are just going to react to what you give them. If you give them shit, they will give it back.

The ramp ideas above are AWESOME. That is something that maybe you and your parents could work on together as well. I am going to build some of those for me and my stepcson so we can just ride at home. Dont have to worry about packed skateparks and food is close by!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

3/7/2017 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2017 8:20 AM

Hey man, you got it good. My parents track me (15) and my 19 year old brother with Life360. The can see where I am at anytime and can view where I'm at via Google Street View. The app will alert them if I get in a vehicle with my 16 year old friends (not allowed to) and will send alerts of me arriving/ leaving home or any destination they choose. It sucks, but I don't complain (anymore) because I realized that they do it because they care about me. I did raise hell over it at first because that meant I could no longer say I'm at a friends house and actually got to another town/city without them knowing, and do stupid shit, but after a while I got more mature about it. Being a kid sucks, until you're an adult/almost adult and realize how good you had/have it. Best of luck to you, and just be happy they are letting you ride in the first place. Chin up man!

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

3/7/2017 8:37 AM

owen.lox wrote:

Hey man, you got it good. My parents track me (15) and my 19 year old brother with Life360. The can see where I am at anytime ...more

Damn dude what did your brother do to piss your parents off?

|

3/7/2017 8:41 AM

owen.lox wrote:

Hey man, you got it good. My parents track me (15) and my 19 year old brother with Life360. The can see where I am at anytime ...more

Super-Pawl wrote:

Damn dude what did your brother do to piss your parents off?

Absolutely nothing. They (my dad) makes him pay rent to stay at home

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

3/7/2017 8:46 AM

owen.lox wrote:

Yes us adults have it so good working full time jobs and paying taxes and bills you kids have no idea what your missing out on its great

|

3/7/2017 11:35 AM

Lol

|

It’s all bmx

3/7/2017 3:19 PM

Build dirt jumps and boxes and quarters and kickers and all kinds of fun AT YOUR HOUSE. Then they can see what you are up to, and you have a rad spot to ride any time you want.

WIN-WIN.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura