Strict parents

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2017 9:09 AM

Hey guys, I started doing street bmx back in december. I have been getting good and have wanted to ride at this place around 20 min from my house, and the area is filled with spots. I live in an area that has no spots and is rural, so I want to ride here. The only thing is, my parents will not let me ride with friends without constantly stalking me. What do I do? Btw I'm 12

|

3/4/2017 5:47 PM

do it anyway. whats the worst they do ground you? send you to your room then what its really not punishments. when you get older youll understand to not really care about consiquences

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

3/4/2017 5:55 PM

You're 12? Listen to your parents.

|

3/4/2017 5:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2017 11:08 AM

Them Keeping an eye on you and what you're doing is not "stalking" theyre just being good parents. You'll understand when you have kids of your own. Now if you were 18, and they "stalked you" I could understand, but you're 12. You're still a kid. just listen to them. Don't rebel. It'll save you trouble

|

3/4/2017 7:59 PM

wow your a righteous little guy arent u firebrand im 14 and i cn completely understand him it was same thing when i was 12

|

3/4/2017 8:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2017 8:38 PM

ina wrote:

wow your a righteous little guy arent u firebrand im 14 and i cn completely understand him it was same thing when i was 12

Firebrand is right, you cheeky little shit. We were all that age once and a lot of us did have parents "stalk" us but looking back when you get a bit older, you'll realize that they were just looking out for you.
Once you start to show some responsibility and maturity, they'll give you a bit of leeway.

In future posts, please use some version of the English language and the punctuation associated with it, rather than whatever nonsense you are currently using. I almost had to break out my old books on encryption and encoding to understand that post.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/4/2017 9:25 PM

Define stalking? If your parents are sweating every small detail, that's unfair and counterproductive. If they are asking big, honest questions about what you are/are not doing and tell you clearly what they don't want you to do (drugs, drink, vandalism, etc) that is what they're supposed to do.
Have an honest, calm discussion with them.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

3/4/2017 9:55 PM

Sit your parents down and show them the video FBM Albert street , then tell them that's what you want to do

|

3/4/2017 10:36 PM

Charliekeet wrote:

Define stalking? If your parents are sweating every small detail, that's unfair and counterproductive. If they are asking big, honest questions about what you are/are not doing and tell you clearly what they don't want you to do (drugs, drink, vandalism, etc) that is what they're supposed to do.
Have an honest, calm discussion with them.

Exactly. Pull up your pull ups and talk with them. be respectful when you do. you kids have cell phones these days. Tell your parents, if they allow you to go to the spot, you'll call and check in with them so they know you're ok. If that's what they're worried about.. and come home exactly when they tell you to. my parents allowed me to go places when I was a kid, as long as I checked in with them at certain times and came in at the time they gave. If yours say no, just deal with it and obey what they say. Who cares what your "friends" say? If you listen, you'll see your parents will give you more freedom as you get older...in the meantime, use your creativity and make spots at your house. Get a buddy or family member and Build ramps, make gaps.. Be creative for goodness sake lol

|

11/11/2017 2:05 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Sit your parents down and show them the video FBM Albert street , then tell them that's what you want to do

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

11/11/2017 8:30 AM

Well if it's a tough place for good reason they don't want you going far from home, just listen to them, i didn't listen and became a drug addict and drug dealer, took me till I was in my twenties to get out of that life, now I have kids and I understand why my parents didn't want me leaving the neighbor hood and hanging out with other little hoodlums

|

11/11/2017 11:15 AM

first of all, you are 12...you just don't get to go do what you want to do...that is part of being a kid. That doesn't happen until you are 18. No matter what social media, mainstream pop culture, and PC idiots tell you, you don't get the freedom to "do whatever you want to do" until you have earned the knowledge, trust and respect to handle the freedom

as many have mentioned, try to talk to them about why you want to go. Show videos. Explain that it is something that you love to do. Explain to then that you are setting goals for yourself...POSITIVE goals...

they will msot likely give you resitance at first, but if your patient and respectful, you will get your way

or, you could mouth off, be an ass, just leave anyways, tell them to piss off...and then you will all the sudden find the "stalking" being for real. Right now they are NOT stalking you they are just being parents. As many have said, you will have more things denied to you if you become stupid, selfish and rude.

Pick Kestoners brain about this. He went through the same kind of trials with his parents about even owning a bike, let alne riding it.

But definitely do NOT just turn into a raging, selfish, whining cry baby about it. That will NOT put your parents in your corner...or any one esle for that matter

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

11/11/2017 11:53 AM

Show your parents Sean burns videos.

|

11/11/2017 2:11 PM

I'm about 100% positive this account is abandoned..

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

11/11/2017 4:56 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

do it anyway. whats the worst they do ground you? send you to your room then what its really not punishments. when you get older youll understand to not really care about consiquences

this is the worst advice ive ever heard lol. Ever think of the fact they could take his bike?

|