Stripped axle question

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2013 1:31 PM

Alright so my axles stripped on one side and I can't get my bolts on
Empire doesn't carry a WTP supreme axle anymore so what options do I have?
Would a machine shop be able to rethread it? Or should I just buy another wheel/hub?

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

8/8/2013 1:35 PM

a machine shop should be able to

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/8/2013 1:45 PM

yeah but then it would become a smaller size thread, which would require a smaller bolt correct?

|

8/8/2013 1:54 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

yeah but then it would become a smaller size thread, which would require a smaller bolt correct?

yes you can get smaller nuts at a hardwear store or at the mashine shop

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/8/2013 1:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2013 1:59 PM

with the cost of a machine shop it would be cheaper to get a new hub. Is the axle a hollow? Is the front or the back?

|

8/8/2013 2:02 PM

skubasteve wrote:

with the cost of a machine shop it would be cheaper to get a new hub. Is the axle a hollow? Is the front or the back?

ill probably just end up buying a complete profile wheel on here, its a hollow rear axle

|

8/8/2013 2:09 PM

they could run a die back over the threads to get them cleaned out if there not really bad and if they can get the die on straight. I think the machine shop down by my house was charging $40 bucks an hour

|

8/8/2013 4:33 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

If they drill and tap it you would need a larger bolt actually.

Contact Seattle Bike Supply or a local shop that deals with them and see if they can help you.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/8/2013 6:28 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

If they drill and tap it you would need a larger bolt actually.

Contact Seattle Bike Supply or a local shop that deals with them and see if they can help you.

Think I should just bring it to a machine shop? Do a majority do it? And how much would it cost, estimate. I want to go ride the public dirt jumps in Seattle this weekend so maybe fixing it will be worth it.

|