Strongest Chain I Could Find

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2014 4:56 PM

Alright so I've been riding a KMC 410H chain since December, since I've snapped every other chain I try (lol). Well today the 410 let go on me. So I ran to a local bike shop and they had one of these KMC 415 "Extreme" chains. It took awhile to get used to all the weight on that side but now I prefer it. They almost had to machine out my dropouts to get it to reach. It doesn't actually fit in the hub guard but its been wearing a space. Pretty psyched on it actually. Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Insta: @devicacy

2/22/2014 5:54 PM

Almost all BMX chains are 1/8" but this specific one is 3/16" and is supposed to be much fatter. And 3/32" is a thinner sprocket and more race people use it.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/23/2014 2:05 AM

It looks really strong

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/23/2014 5:38 AM

That's really thick!
Reminds me when I was just a little kid, seeing some of the riders use motorcycle chains.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

2/23/2014 5:57 AM

I tried installing one of these on my bike a few days ago but sadly it ended up not clearing my hub shell sad

|

2/23/2014 6:55 AM

Fad3r wrote:

I tried installing one of these on my bike a few days ago but sadly it ended up not clearing my hub shell sad

Yeah this ones barely in there and grinding its own space in the hub guard. I hope it'd not damaging my hub shell now that I think about it

|

2/23/2014 7:42 AM

ive ran the same chain for ever i found it off an old gt ive never known what it was called lol. i love it personally, it is way heavy but your chain you dont want to sacrifice weight for strength

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

2/23/2014 7:48 AM

jj0996 wrote:

ive ran the same chain for ever i found it off an old gt ive never known what it was called lol. i love it personally, it is ...more

Yeah man I'm lovin it, actually gives me a more centered feel for some reason. Although I was gonna get an mds guard sprocket or a key guard sprocket or even the daily grind one but I doubt it will fit with this chain.

|

2/23/2014 7:51 AM

jj0996 wrote:

ive ran the same chain for ever i found it off an old gt ive never known what it was called lol. i love it personally, it is ...more

realityisajoke wrote:

Yeah man I'm lovin it, actually gives me a more centered feel for some reason. Although I was gonna get an mds guard sprocket ...more

yeah i was going to say it probably wont fit, your best bet is to get a normal sprocket that you can buy a guard for and add some rely small spacers

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

2/23/2014 7:56 AM

jj0996 wrote:

yeah i was going to say it probably wont fit, your best bet is to get a normal sprocket that you can buy a guard for and add ...more

Ehh yeah but those look kinda weird sometimes. I'll see how long this one lasts with out one I think

|

2/23/2014 8:01 AM

realityisajoke wrote:

Yeah man I'm lovin it, actually gives me a more centered feel for some reason. Although I was gonna get an mds guard sprocket ...more

jj0996 wrote:

yeah i was going to say it probably wont fit, your best bet is to get a normal sprocket that you can buy a guard for and add ...more

realityisajoke wrote:

Ehh yeah but those look kinda weird sometimes. I'll see how long this one lasts with out one I think

ive never ran a guard over mine and ive hit it and nothing has happened so i suppose yours shouldn't be any different

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

2/23/2014 9:33 AM

"Weight on the side" *facepalm*

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/23/2014 9:35 AM

Is that th eastern phorcics sprocket?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/23/2014 9:36 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

"Weight on the side" *facepalm*

?

|

2/23/2014 9:37 AM

T-rider wrote:

Yessir

|

2/23/2014 11:23 AM

I'd totally ride one of those back in the day they made some even fatter chains I used to ride......guy I rode with years ago used to ride a chain off a Kawasaki kx80 on his MacNeil ruban frame

|

2/23/2014 11:36 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I'd totally ride one of those back in the day they made some even fatter chains I used to ride......guy I rode with years ago ...more

Lol yeah I did some research and I guess people are using this same chain on pit bikes and small dirt bikes, up to like 65cc or something. Any bigger chain and I'd probably have to ditch the hub guard and get a new driver!

|

2/23/2014 11:37 AM

T-rider wrote:

realityisajoke wrote:

Yessir

Hows it holding?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/23/2014 11:47 AM

T-rider wrote:

Hows it holding?

No problems so far. I chipped off a few of the teeth on my budget Amber sprocket, so my buddy threw this in on a trade. It's been perfectly fine, I've broken a few chains on it and no chips or anything. Hit directly on the chain right on the teeth a few times and it's fine. I took a grinder to it to raw off the anodised shit.

|

2/23/2014 12:17 PM

Cool

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER