Strongest Complete?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2018 8:52 AM

Hello guys,

My friend weighs 220 lbs.

Which bike would be the strongest for him?

|

3/26/2018 8:54 AM

Sunday sound wave complete

|

Hmmm

3/26/2018 9:09 AM

Edman123 wrote:

That's pretty much my bike and I've been between 200-215 lbs for the entire time I've had it(near enough 2 and a half years). It's the best complete you can get in my opinion.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/26/2018 9:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 9:20 AM

Hey,.... There might be one for sale here on Vital as well. Curt D was just talking of selling his & it's just down in Illinois. It's like absolutely new condition too.

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Thinking-of-selling-my-Soundwave,1318725

|

3/26/2018 10:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 10:36 AM

Haro Dennis enarson signature , or a we the people envy

|

3/26/2018 10:44 AM

Sunday Soundwave Special....

If that's too much for him/her the Eastern Shovelhead would be a good bike as well...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/26/2018 9:46 PM

How are the mongoose L100.. I weigh 250 was thinking of one of them as a beginner..

|

3/26/2018 10:31 PM

Joshua_Calimag Sr. wrote:

How are the mongoose L100.. I weigh 250 was thinking of one of them as a beginner..

The L100 is the best bike available brand new for under $450. Yes it would be a good choice for someone getting into riding with a low budget.

If you want something nicer, be ready to spend $450+.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/27/2018 12:20 AM

I did smiff grind and ride a custom I made from two low end completes and aftermarket pedals grips and seat. I’d recommend it but it’s a one of a kind custom sorry. Definitely get something made of metal, preferably something hard and shiny.

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

3/27/2018 9:08 AM

Now we are looking at 24 in bmx's. Saw the Sunday Model C.

Out of 24 in bmx's, which should he pick?

|

3/27/2018 9:09 AM

colinbeaton wrote:

Now we are looking at 24 in bmx's. Saw the Sunday Model C.

Out of 24 in bmx's, which should he pick?

Why are you looking at 24's? What's the intended use?

|

3/27/2018 9:18 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

24 bmx for park.

He is 6'1" and 220 lbs.

All I have seen so far is the sunday model c.

Which would be the strongest?

|

3/27/2018 9:23 AM

colinbeaton wrote:

24 bmx for park.

He is 6'1" and 220 lbs.

I really wouldn't recommend a 24 for anything other than massive dirt jumps or cruising. They don't spin very well, they suck for pulling into manuals and all of that extra torque when you land sideways means parts break a hell of a lot easier.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/27/2018 9:25 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

colinbeaton wrote:

24 bmx for park.

He is 6'1" and 220 lbs.

p1p1092 wrote:

I really wouldn't recommend a 24 for anything other than massive dirt jumps or cruising. They don't spin very well, they suck ...more

20" is the way to go but if you and/or he feels they just don't fit on a 20", then I'd look at the 22" bikes.

|

3/27/2018 9:33 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

20" is the way to go but if you and/or he feels they just don't fit on a 20", then I'd look at the 22" bikes.

Agreed.

I wouldn't say there'll be a problem with a 20"; I'm 6'1/6'2 and 215lbs and fit perfectly on a very small setup.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

3/27/2018 9:45 AM

Edman123 wrote:

I was literally going to say the same thing. But yeah, the sound wave is literally the strongest frame in BMX. I'm planning on making that my next frame myself.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

3/27/2018 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2018 9:52 AM

colinbeaton wrote:

24 bmx for park.

He is 6'1" and 220 lbs.

I bought an off the shelf SE complete in 2011. Im 6'1" and at the time I bought the bike I weighed over 300lbs. I broke a crank arm and the wheels got loose. That's all. Frame is still in perfect condition.

Buy a full chromoly 21"+ TT Sunday frame
Buy full chromoly 9" bars
Make sure your wheels are double wall

Call it a day. He's not going to break a 20" frame weighing 220lbs.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/27/2018 4:19 PM

Joshua_Calimag Sr. wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

The L100 is the best bike available brand new for under $450. Yes it would be a good choice for someone getting into riding ...more

This. Will be my first bmx no issues I spending big money on one but like to know how much i like and enjoy it before i drop 500 on a bike. Looking at the l100 as a beginner.. Is there anyparts i shoukd upgrade on it as i get more advanced.. At first will mostly just cruising and small pro hops nothing to fancy

|

3/27/2018 5:07 PM

First things to change would probably be the stem & pedals. Then... It's a first break, first replace.

|

3/29/2018 10:21 AM

If he is a beginner he doesn't need the strongest complete. Something to learn on and upgrade parts would be fine. The kink liberty is a great starter bike for a reasonable price.

|