Strongest rim?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/21/2008 9:09 AM

I heard it was the primo hula hoop. any suggestions?

|

12/21/2008 9:11 AM

i have it it is stiff as fuck i would buy another one if i could oh and sun b f rs are crazy strong too

|

12/21/2008 9:13 AM

i heard the premium puddin rims are legit

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

12/21/2008 9:15 AM

i ride a hula hoop in the rear and i can honestly say its the strongest rim ive ever ridden. ive cased dirt jumps ive cased ramps ive cased on gaps and theres not a dent or anything.

|

12/21/2008 9:25 AM

Word. Thanks

|

12/21/2008 10:50 AM

i ride oddessy midways and i have put an ass kickin on them and not bent or anything

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?

12/21/2008 10:54 AM

swwyobmx wrote:

i ride oddessy midways and i have put an ass kickin on them and not bent or anything

Same here...Odyssey Midway out back.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

12/21/2008 11:00 AM

swwyobmx wrote:

tibug wrote:

Same here...Odyssey Midway out back.

haha i run front and back...

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?

12/21/2008 11:43 AM

gsport ribcages

|

doctor i'm okay, but my bike's sick

12/21/2008 11:47 AM

Alex triple wall rims are the strongest LOL.

Good luck finding those...

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

12/21/2008 11:49 AM

big fat rim. those things can take a beating

|

skate boards kill trees

12/21/2008 12:13 PM

a triple wall!

|

12/21/2008 1:16 PM

SundaybikesRDR wrote:

a triple wall!

haha i have never even seen a triple wall haha

|

12/21/2008 1:26 PM

I could find some triple walls. As a matter of fact I gave mine to a friend years ago- he still has them. They're heavier than two midgets in an oversized sock, but they won't bend. 48's only

|

Tibug is a scrawny, whiny bitch. 48's suck. I'm weight conscious- get over it.

12/21/2008 1:27 PM

StuckInWinston wrote:

I could find some triple walls. As a matter of fact I gave mine to a friend years ago- he still has them. They're heavier than two midgets in an oversized sock, but they won't bend. 48's only

eh... 48's suck haha...

|

12/21/2008 1:30 PM

swwyobmx wrote:

eh... 48's suck haha...

Yup...a ton stronger than 36 hole with very little weight penalty...that sucks!

|

12/21/2008 1:30 PM

odyssey hazard lites

|

12/21/2008 1:34 PM

StuckInWinston wrote:

swwyobmx wrote:

eh... 48's suck haha...

tibug wrote:

well i guess if you keep on thinking that about all your parts then your bike might weigh a little bit heavier. but I'm sure your scrawny ass could pull a 35lb bike over a double

|

12/21/2008 1:36 PM

swwyobmx wrote:

eh... 48's suck haha...

tibug wrote:

StuckInWinston wrote:

well i guess if you keep on thinking that about all your parts then your bike might weigh a little bit heavier. but I'm sure your scrawny ass could pull a 35lb bike over a double

well i guess i said that wrong... ugly would have been a better word... ahah

|

12/21/2008 1:37 PM

that's a bigger hub to accommodate 12 extra spokes and 12 extra nipples. yes- let me break it down Barney-style for you- more material= more weight. next time you wanna bust out the sarcasm, employ it wisely. dumbass

|

12/21/2008 1:38 PM

uglier than the mom from the goonies

|

12/21/2008 1:40 PM

StuckInWinston wrote:

What makes you think I'm scrawny? And I don't think that way about all my parts. But it makes sense to add a little weight on the wheels to get out a ton more strength. I don't know about you, but on my bike, the wheels definitely need and get the most maintenance. I'll probably true, tension, dish my wheels 5 times before I even adjust the headset once...and that's only if it needs it, which it rarely does.

High impact parts like cranks and wheels...I couldn't care less about the weight...

|

12/21/2008 1:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:56 PM

StuckInWinston wrote:

that's a bigger hub to accommodate 12 extra spokes and 12 extra nipples. yes- let me break it down Barney-style for you- more material= more weight. next time you wanna bust out the sarcasm, employ it wisely. dumbass

Okay if you want to break it down barney style, let me break it down in smart style...

I never said that 48 hole wheels didn't weigh more. They do.

But most spokes weight what? Like .2 ounces or something...48 hole wheels front and rear=5 ounces weight penalty...if you take into account the strength gain...ya...the strength to weight ratio is much better.

Oh, and all companies I know of don't increase the flange size of their hubs to accommodate 48 holes...they just drill 48 holes instead of 36...

|

12/21/2008 1:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2008 1:49 PM

36's and 48's... the difference in weight is a good little bit, but the difference in strength is not that huge. Unless you're busting out roof gaps, 25ft drops to flat and stuff like that, a well maintained 36 will do you good.

|

12/21/2008 1:51 PM

plus- a 48 in the rear = more back end rotating weight. if you throw a whip, it's just more weight increasing the cintrifical force. (I think I spelled that right). And I think you're scrawny because your picture makes you look scrawny, which leads me to believe that you're scrawny.

|

12/21/2008 1:52 PM

StuckInWinston wrote:

36's and 48's... the difference in weight is a good little bit, but the difference in strength is not that huge. Unless you're busting out roof gaps, 25ft drops to flat and stuff like that, a well maintained 36 will do you good.

The strength difference is that huge. I run 36 hole wheels right now. I have to true them a lot more than I did my 48 hole wheel, in which used a WEAKER rim...

|

12/21/2008 1:53 PM

good luck fitting 48 holes in a 36h low flange hub

|

12/21/2008 1:55 PM

you just said you hardly ever true you rims

|

12/21/2008 1:56 PM

are you the best you mother could do? damn- that bitch owes me a rib.

|

12/21/2008 1:56 PM

yer cool

|