Stuck crank

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2017 1:53 PM

I recently got used fit indent cranks and I put on the non driveride one on but I can't get it back off to put on a spacer on.

|

8/28/2017 1:53 PM

What do I do?

|

8/28/2017 2:35 PM

Take a rubber mallet and smack it off .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/28/2017 2:36 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Take a rubber mallet and smack it off .

This... my crank was stuck really good and I took a rubber mallet and just slamed it and it came right off

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/28/2017 4:45 PM

Also make sure to grease the splines with some anti seize stuff....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/28/2017 5:26 PM

I have hit it with a rubber mallet so many times.

|

8/28/2017 5:33 PM

Take a large bolt thats narrower than your crank arm bore, thread it in but not all the way, then hit that. The force only goes to the spindle and the arm should pop off. If you cant find a bolt you can probably just take the bolt out and use a dowel to hit the spindle out in a similar manner.

|

8/28/2017 5:56 PM

Puper Sandas wrote:

I have hit it with a rubber mallet so many times.

Heat it up over stove and hit it with a mallet.

|

8/28/2017 11:41 PM

Put the bolt in nearly all the way, smack the bolt with the rubber mallet. If you don't thread the bolt in far enough you can damage the threads, so start with it only a turn or two loose

|

8/29/2017 1:28 AM

WD40 the gap where it can soak into your spindle if possible and let it sit there for a while , then smack it off . It shouldn't be too hard , with my 3 piece animal cranks it was like 3 light hits top . If that doesn't work try as mentioned , get a crank tool that sits on the edge of the spindle and wack it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/29/2017 2:10 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Put the bolt in nearly all the way, smack the bolt with the rubber mallet. If you don't thread the bolt in far enough you can damage the threads, so start with it only a turn or two loose

This.

|

8/29/2017 4:43 AM

I'm confused where to put the bolt?

|

8/29/2017 4:47 AM

Puper Sandas wrote:

I'm confused where to put the bolt?

Put the bolt into the axle, as if you were tightening it up to hold the crank arm on. Thread it nearly all the way in, and smack it

|

9/1/2017 8:56 PM

Use a "Deadblow" mallet

Not a rubber mallet, if that doesnt work get a peice of wood and use a mini sledge hammer. Like a 3lb one.

|