Stuck hub guard

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2016 2:07 AM

Hey guys I have a colony wasp front hub with colony hub guards and can not got one side off and get the spokes out. Please help!

|

1/12/2016 2:11 AM

A guy I ride with the most has the same hub and guard . I'm pretty sure it's push on , so if you have the cone nuts on , take them off and the guards should replace that spot . They might even be thread on .

It should be flush , with maybe 1mm or 2 against your spokes depending . I don't know what you mean as its worded weirdly but your guard shouldn't touch your spokes . And further more of you can't get a spoke out then that's your wheel / nipple / spoke and not your guard .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/12/2016 3:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2016 3:20 AM

the wasp hub guards have a tiny grub screw with an allen head. undo that and unscrew it as normal and you should be fine

he said he cant get the spokes out because the hubguards are too tall to pull them from behind the hubguard

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

1/12/2016 3:49 AM

The hub guards are threaded and even with the nut completely out I can't get it off, it just won't turn. The guard is to talk for the spokes to come out.

|

1/12/2016 8:39 AM

Beat it with a sledge hammer

|

1/12/2016 12:18 PM

Connor_Sell wrote:

The hub guards are threaded and even with the nut completely out I can't get it off, it just won't turn. The guard is to talk for the spokes to come out.

If it's that stuck you should take it to a bike shop for them to get it out.

I would probably clamp your axle in the vice (using an axle vice to avoid damaging your threads), then get some kind of pliers on your hub guard and have at it.

If you have a vice at home, you could look at getting something like this to hold your wheel, it will actually come in handy.

http://www.parktool.com/product/axle-vise-av-1

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/12/2016 10:40 PM

transition_chris wrote:

If it's that stuck you should take it to a bike shop for them to get it out.

I would probably clamp your axle in the vice (using an axle vice to avoid damaging your threads), then get some kind of pliers on your hub guard and have at it.

If you have a vice at home, you could look at getting something like this to hold your wheel, it will actually come in handy.

http://www.parktool.com/product/axle-vise-av-1

Those axle vices are life savers. We use one with threads in them at the shop here and they've helped soooo much with pesky nuts or things that don't wanna come off the axle.

But yeah seems like your guard has seized onto the axle (Shitty aluminum guards...) so what you can do is what Chris said above and use an axle vice if you have access to one, then take pliers or even a monkey wrench and just unthread it that way.

If you don't have an axle vice but you DO have a regular vice, you could also just clamp the hub guard in the vice and if the center axle has an allen key broach, you can thread the axle out of it that way.

Alternatively, just bolt your wheel to the outside of your dropouts (bolt it to the side that doesn't have the hub guard on it) and use pliers or whatever.

|