Stuff you built to ride at home

Related:
Create New Tag

3/25/2020 7:45 PM

Just curious about what you guys built to ride at home and looking for some ideas also! Please also list how much it cost if you remember!

Here is my manual pad I built in October

|

3/25/2020 7:49 PM

Looks like a plank

|

3/25/2020 8:01 PM

|

3/25/2020 8:03 PM

I built this really quick for Lil Ghost... It's big enough for me to eat shit with too, fact..

|

3/25/2020 8:21 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Shit you might as well have made trails with that.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

3/25/2020 9:09 PM

eskimojay wrote:

What’s the specs?

|

3/26/2020 12:04 AM

eskimojay wrote:

How do you get down from the tree after you jump?

|

3/26/2020 2:26 AM

I'd love to try to build something right now, but I can't go out to many places during lockdown lol.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

3/26/2020 4:20 AM

I built a mini skatepark in my garage so I could keep riding during the cold winters or if there was tons of snow on the ground. My garage is packed with car parts and construction materials so its not rideable at the moment but it doesnt matter considering my damn shoulder surgery anyway...lol

If anyone is interested these are my dedicated garage skatepark videos from newest to oldest as you go down the line.

Built a tiny hip:

Update 2:

Update:

DIY:
|

3/26/2020 5:54 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I built a mini skatepark in my garage so I could keep riding during the cold winters or if there was tons of snow on the ground. My garage is packed with car parts and construction materials so its not rideable at the moment but it doesnt matter considering my damn shoulder surgery anyway...lol

If anyone is interested these are my dedicated garage skatepark videos from newest to oldest as you go down the line.

Built a tiny hip:

Update 2:

Update:

DIY:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing these videos. Can’t wait to checks them out.

|

3/26/2020 11:13 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Mulletsnax wrote:

What’s the specs?

I made it 7 feet tall with 2 sheets of ply for the side templates and just freehanded the transition , built it years ago to learn backflips

|

3/26/2020 11:20 AM

Here’s my second ramp I built Todd Meyn taught me how to properly build the ramps radius after years of free handing transitions this ones 6 feet tall with a 10.5 foot radius

|

3/27/2020 9:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2020 9:04 AM

Yowza!!!!

Bulletpup, Great job on the vids and explaining how to build stuff. I only watched the first two but it looked like you spent a lot of time editing the first one. Well done. Plus you even answered some questions I had. You thought of a lot. Like at first I was thinking, is he drilling pilot holes and then you answered that question later in the vid. If someone doesn't know how to, or never used a chop saw, I would not recommend trying to do some of those angles on the hip. LOL.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

3/27/2020 12:21 PM

Fortyseven wrote:

Yowza!!!!

Bulletpup, Great job on the vids and explaining how to build stuff. I only watched the first two but it looked like you spent a lot of time editing the first one. Well done. Plus you even answered some questions I had. You thought of a lot. Like at first I was thinking, is he drilling pilot holes and then you answered that question later in the vid. If someone doesn't know how to, or never used a chop saw, I would not recommend trying to do some of those angles on the hip. LOL.

It would also be worth lightly sanding the holes when you're done, just for added protection against potential stray sharps puncturing your tires. I think a lot of professional builders actually counterbore holes after they pilot them, then screw them in.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

3/27/2020 11:18 PM

We built this city on rock and roll

|

13 years old

3/28/2020 6:19 AM

Built a wall ride for my tiny mini. I think I can make it a little steeper after some test rides. But need to keep it usable for my oldest on his scoot. Also can get taken to the street.

|

3/28/2020 1:34 PM

jmz313 wrote:

Built a wall ride for my tiny mini. I think I can make it a little steeper after some test rides. But need to keep it usable for my oldest on his scoot. Also can get taken to the street.

Looks like you were tired of catching your pegs and bars on that inner portion of fence. Lol

Nice setup!

|

3/28/2020 6:43 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Looks like you were tired of catching your pegs and bars on that inner portion of fence. Lol

Nice setup!

More to prevent wheels going through fence. But has probably saved a Hand once or twice.

|

3/29/2020 12:39 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Nice setup!

Hey bulletpup im interested in building the quarter pipe you have in the video. If I have any questions I’ll let you know thanks.

|

3/29/2020 1:14 PM

orangebmx907 wrote:

Just curious about what you guys built to ride at home and looking for some ideas also! Please also list how much it cost if you remember!

whats a manual pad?

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

a08's Bike Check

3/29/2020 1:26 PM

orangebmx907 wrote:

A08 wrote:

whats a manual pad?

Anything that is slightly higher than the majority of the ground you are riding on. Could be a small 4ft thing or a 30ft monster. Basically its just a long flat obstacle that is raised from the ground.

|

3/29/2020 1:28 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Anything that is slightly higher than the majority of the ground you are riding on. Could be a small 4ft thing or a 30ft monster. Basically its just a long flat obstacle that is raised from the ground.

hmm, I guess I just don't see the point.

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

a08's Bike Check

3/29/2020 2:55 PM

A08 wrote:

I’ve built it for me and my beginner cousins to hop on and off on. And you can hop and manual on it therefore “manual pad”.

|

3/29/2020 4:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2020 4:49 PM

A08 wrote:

whats a manual pad?

Bulletpup wrote:

A08 wrote:

They are fun to jump on and off and do rotation tricks on and off. If you have scooter friends you can also install a peice of angle iron on it for them to grind.

I ended up building one because I had some scrap wood that i didnt feel like using for anything else. If you brace them well enough you can use them for wall rides and kickers. Throw it in the back of a truck and bring it anywhere to make a quick ramp or to spice up a boring area.

Its an obstacle you can find nearly anywhere in the streets but you can use it to custom tailor a spot like behind an abandoned building.

|

3/29/2020 4:51 PM

A08 wrote:

whats a manual pad?

Bulletpup wrote:

A08 wrote:

&t=5s

Manual pads primarily started out to mimic a raised/curbed sidewalk like shown in the video below.

|

3/29/2020 5:51 PM

I can do SO MANY tricks on a manual pad.

manual
nose manual
180 to manual
180 to roll back hop off
180 to roll back to 180 off
endos
180 before the manual pad, 180 onto pad to normal manual
180 off manual pad
360 hop on to manual
skid on manual pad
180 manual to 180 off

etc.

|

3/30/2020 2:28 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

A08 wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

&t=5s

Manual pads primarily started out to mimic a raised/curbed sidewalk like shown in the video below.

Just got out of a rabbit hole journey after watching Scotty Cranmers video. I watched a few of his vids, got choked up at his accident and recovery, then started piecing out his bike that his friend copied. Whew...i gotta shut it down for the night. LOL

|

3/30/2020 5:16 AM

pnj wrote:

I can do SO MANY tricks on a manual pad.

manual
nose manual
180 to manual
180 to roll back hop off
180 to roll back to 180 off
endos
180 before the manual pad, 180 onto pad to normal manual
180 off manual pad
360 hop on to manual
skid on manual pad
180 manual to 180 off

etc.

This.

PLUS you can toss a few boards under one end and you have some more fun with either an uphill or downhill manny pad.

In the future you add a frame under it, and some angle on the sides and you just turned your manual pad into a grind box.

You can also use pallets and a sheet of plywood (or scraps you find) to make a manual pad on the cheap.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/30/2020 6:43 AM

Just took the top off of a crate from work. Didn’t cost me shit, hours of Fun to be had!

|