Stumbled Across a GREAT how-crash video

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2017 12:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2017 12:36 PM

I watch this guy at times (he use to ride BMX and still plays around on a 20") and many newer riders and even some of the more experienced can pick some useful information from the video. Its only about 4-5min long, if it keeps you from an ER trip, it's well worth a watch. I never thought of the OTB trick. And just thinking about it, it should help a lot. Plus, it increases fast reaction time! A HUGE key to walking away with no real injury from a crash.

Check it out, it may save you cash and injury.
|

7/16/2017 1:39 PM

sweet, sideways tuck and roll seems good. though if you're on concrete, you could bash you're head if not wearing a helmet

|

7/16/2017 2:32 PM

Yeah Seth's channel is one of the best. He mostly rides mountain bikes but he's pretty dam good on a BMX too... he can bunny hop over picnic tables like a G!

|

7/16/2017 2:51 PM

skitter77 wrote:

Yeah Seth's channel is one of the best. He mostly rides mountain bikes but he's pretty dam good on a BMX too... he can bunny ...more

I have found multiple different videos from Seth that I have used on every bike type.

That using a broomstick to mimic bars and hop over, push away tip. I have never seen that idea before. I have always been 1- hoping over my bike would work or 2- tuck and cover your head. It's not like you really have a "bail practice" riding. Plus, the broomstick improves hand eye coordination, reaction time and fast twitch muscle memory. Being a personal trainer I know how important all are, but for anyone who doesn't know about muscle memory, fast explanation. The muscles respond to things that they are use to very fast. This is why if you get hurt or something like that you regain the muscle faster than if you worked out. Also, things like bunnyhops are a thing you have done since day 1. That's why you don't ever seem to regress if you can't ride for awhile. Your muscles remember when to do everything involved in the trick (hoping). So, jumping over a broomstick will get your muscles use to doing it automatically when you do start to go OTB. I have already been doing it about 5-10 times after I ride or just whenever if I haven't rode. In a few weeks my mind and body will start to sense OTB and hit eject. It's a really cool subject if you like stuff like that. Just look up Muscle Memory online and watch a video or 2 or read a bit.

|