Style by region

Related:
Create New Tag

10/24/2015 3:27 PM

Has anyone else noticed that certain areas produce riders with VERY similar styles? I notice this with the NYC riders the most. Lots of whips, bars, rails, and medium speed stuff, and steeze. And the from lots of the L.A. riders I have seen It's a lot of little jibby stuff or big, burly setups.

|

10/24/2015 3:31 PM

Yeah, og eastcoast street is the best.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/24/2015 3:43 PM

Yes. I think it's about what you like though. Where I'm from, there is a lot of trails stuff happening. But there is still no shortage of tricks being done from street people.

I think it's kind of put on. I don't really believe that. I think that NYC riders ride that way because they have that sort of stuff to ride. It's really about the people who influence their riding and the environment. I wouldn't consider myself sliding into any category. I just like to do tricks and have a good time.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/24/2015 3:49 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Yeah, og eastcoast street is the best.

I like the SD area stuff. Reynolds, Enarson, Morrow, and I don't know where Mike Grey is from, but he's got that burly but trick filled style. That east coast sfuff is super nice though. Probobly my second favorite style.

|

10/24/2015 4:16 PM

Punjab, Taj, Chris Doyle, and Mike Aitken are my top favorite riding styles for sure! Punjab's part in the Standard Domination video still gets me pumped to ride lol

|

10/24/2015 7:33 PM

#texasflatlanders

|

It’s all bmx

10/24/2015 8:33 PM

Out here in SoCal specifically where i live it's a lot of messing around with outside the box combos (serious or not) as well as a lot of ledges. Also pretty much everyone I ride with has a free coaster and 3-4 plastic pegs so grinding really bad surfaces is something I see/do a lot

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/24/2015 11:42 PM

I've notice that some french riders use different gravity settings ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

10/25/2015 12:16 AM

Yah SD and LA riders are all pretty fucked but Down Under produces the crazy kids , stupid damn kangaroo hops and boomerang barspinning skills

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/25/2015 6:16 PM

It seems to me like a lot of the west coast style riding is super clean and is focused on big dialed, and east coast riding is also more raw in a way? Just my thoughts. And then there's obivously the PA trail scene haha

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/26/2015 4:29 PM

i noticed this alot with the salt lake city guys, it seems like every pro rider that comes from out of SLC is super creative and/or stylish.

|

10/27/2015 7:10 AM

There are always exceptions, but environment is the main factor to how you ride. Most kids locally ride ledges and rails, because the super good locals ride that.

I ride front and rear brakes and whatever sounds fun. They all have 3-4 pegs and no brakes, and most have or are saving for a coaster.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura