Subrosa Letum (2018/2019)

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2018 3:23 PM

So, after a long hiatus of riding bikes, I'm starting to ride again, at the moment I am running outdated/semi - broken parts on a sunday funday am frame, and as I ride street and tired of cassettes I have been looking into buying a complete bike with a freecoaster to start me off, the main one that I have been keeping my eye on is the Subrosa Letum (both 2018 and 2019 have the same specs so I'm only buying one or the other for their colourway) has anybody on here had any experience with this bike? It seems really great from what it has to offer but there are virtually no reviews of it, and barely any forum posts about anybody who has ridden one.

|

11/20/2018 11:07 PM

Looks good on paper, not really my cup of tea though.
If the funday is the aftermarket frame, I'd rather keep that and upgrade parts though

|

11/21/2018 3:28 AM

Looks pretty nice! I've been riding for about a year after a 12 year hiatus. I love these new modern bmx bikes and I think you will too.

I'm on a Subrosa Wild Child and I love it. I don't think you can go wrong with that and the blue on the 2018 looks sweet.

|

11/21/2018 7:08 AM

My buddy has one and he is still shredding it. He bent the bar but he's bent EVERY set of pairs he has had lol. But he's also a big dude so that's prolly why. You should be fine though..

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/21/2018 8:56 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Looks good on paper, not really my cup of tea though.
If the funday is the aftermarket frame, I'd rather keep that and upgrade parts though

Oh, nah I'm not gonna stick with this frame, I have a sunday funday am 2010 frame, forks, and bars from a complete, really heavy and outdated now.

|

11/21/2018 8:58 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

My buddy has one and he is still shredding it. He bent the bar but he's bent EVERY set of pairs he has had lol. But he's also a big dude so that's prolly why. You should be fine though..

sounds good, I'm not too big of a guy and I'm probably not gonna be doing any huge drops or anything so yeah should be fine by the sounds of it.

|

11/21/2018 9:03 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

ToTheBone wrote:

sounds good, I'm not too big of a guy and I'm probably not gonna be doing any huge drops or anything so yeah should be fine by the sounds of it.

Yeah he would 180 down 6 stairs and lots of drops to flat lol. And he was prolly close to 200 pounds lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/21/2018 9:27 AM

Throw some lifetime warranty Animal bars on her and she'll be good.

|

11/21/2018 1:08 PM

dead goon wrote:

Throw some lifetime warranty Animal bars on her and she'll be good.

yeah I might do that, have been considering trying animal bars for a while now

|

12/5/2018 10:49 PM

Letum figure it out for himself...

|

12/6/2018 4:37 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Oh...... OH..... I see what you did there! I SEE!

|

12/6/2018 10:59 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Oh...... OH..... I see what you did there! I SEE!

Lmao

|

12/6/2018 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2018 11:11 AM

I considered the Letum too. It’s got a lot for the price. Full CrMo and sealed bearings throughout, double wall wheels, free coaster, female front axle, bash guard, etc... Ready to go with pegs and all! I’m really diggin that 2019 Grey colorway. Would probably upgrade the bars and cranks later on. But I’m a fat boy lol!

|

12/14/2018 5:34 AM

My bike was stolen so I bought a 2015 Subrosa Malum to hold me off till my next check. Pleasantly surprised. I enjoy this bike a lot and decided to keep it and just got taller bars for her. The only “issue” I’ve had is my spokes loosen up like 20% faster than I’m used to. But theyre also stock wheels on a 4yo midrange complete and they’ve held up to more abuse than I ever expected, so theres really no room for me to bitch lol!

|