Subrosa Salvador 26

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2017 3:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2017 3:05 PM

i picked one up about 2 months ago...i like it..qualitys seems nice

its not completely chromoly,although the TT,DT,Wishbone,cranks,and fork steerer tube are CHromoly,but has all sealed parts i believe and a nice heavy duty 14mm hub axle and a nice sounding sealed cassette

im pretty pleased with quality so far..i have an odyssey evo 2 brake kit complete with monolever as an upgrade and they work great

tbh theres nothing much else it needs as far as a cruiser goes

heres the nicely done promo vid by subrosa

|

1/14/2017 3:10 PM

What are you referring to as a wishbone?

|

1/14/2017 3:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2017 3:37 PM

the chain stay and seat stay

on the spec list thats what subrosa called it... a "wishbone"

i highly recommend the evo 2 set up

mad clearance..you could fly a 747 between the rim and the pad lol

i love my big rippers but my salvador 26 really rides great

wish i had the malum 26 as it has a full cromo frame and DW rims but alas they dont have anymore anywhere and its about 150$ more

|

1/14/2017 4:00 PM

Bizarre cromo mix up.

|

1/14/2017 4:52 PM

TeenageShutdown! wrote:

Bizarre cromo mix up.

it is and it isnt..ive seen this set up before..partial cromo bikes that is..thats why the bike is $399 retail probably 350 @ a bike shop in stock (very rare)

i special ordered this bike so i paid full retail,plus an evo 2 set up,all together 5 billz with tax and labor

did i mention it has tapered fork arms?

this is a great pub cruiser and all purpose cruiser

|

1/14/2017 4:55 PM

the slayer is the better salvador though admittedly...its full cromo i believe + DW rims for about 120 more plus that sweet slayer styling including that dope slayer seat

|

1/14/2017 10:17 PM

I like.

|

1/15/2017 9:27 AM

GMGuinn wrote:

I like.

thanks..i like it too..

|

1/15/2017 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2017 10:46 AM

They probably mean it has a wishbone rear, that's not chromoly. I've never heard of everything chromoly except head tube, bottom brackets, and dropouts. Those are the main parts you want chromoly. It doesn't make sense to me.
A wishbone rear end is a way to connect the chain stay to the bottom bracket. The other way is called an a-frame I think. That's probably what they were referring to. But you don't need any chromoly on that thing anyway. I'm sure the wheels never leave the ground.

|

1/15/2017 10:53 AM

From the Dan's Comp description:

"The 2017 Subrosa Salvador 26" cruiser bike features a chromoly toptube, downtube and wishbone frame with integrated headtube drilled for gyro tabs, 1-1/8" fork with chromoly steerer tube, Subrosa Uplift topload stem, 2-pc bars with 7" rise, TSC Chula grips, Rant Spring U-brake and Rant lever, Rant Bangin 8 chromoly 3-pc cranks with sealed Mid BB, 25T Subrosa Shred style sprocket, 14mm sealed cassette hub with 11T driver, 3/8" sealed front hub, 36H Rant single-wall 26" rims, 26x2.20" tires, Subrosa Bleached Pivotal seat and Rant Hella PC pedals. (30.2 lbs)"

Reads like the wishbone is chromo to me and the head tube is not. Cool bike, you should post some pics. A shop in Victoria had the Slayer version of the Salvador but it was gone pretty quick. I actually couldn't get a bunch of the bikes I was looking at because - Canada. I ended up getting a WTP Atlas. Now if this friggin' snow would go ahead and melt I'd happy.

|

1/15/2017 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2017 10:54 AM

no they state chromoly wish bone

and they do leave the ground

i saw the guy who built it up hit a 3 foot bunny hop off a slanted curb (bastard! get off my bike!)

https://shop.subrosabrand.com/category/subrosa-2017-salvador-26-complete-bike-satin-phosphate.html

|

1/15/2017 11:02 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/15/2017 11:14 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

They probably mean it has a wishbone rear, that's not chromoly. I've never heard of everything chromoly except head tube, bottom brackets, and dropouts. Those are the main parts you want chromoly. It doesn't make sense to me.
A wishbone rear end is a way to connect the chain stay to the bottom bracket. The other way is called an a-frame I think. That's probably what they were referring to. But you don't need any chromoly on that thing anyway. I'm sure the wheels never leave the ground.

A lot of people that ride bigger bikes actually do leave the ground. Some people just don't feel comfortable on a 20" bike.

|

1/15/2017 11:16 AM

RypRyder wrote: Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Very nice.

|

1/15/2017 11:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2017 11:45 AM

i actually bought it "for" my son

hes 12 and he makes sure no one scratches his bike lol

hes nice and protective of his bike just like a good bmx'er should be

he "lets" me ride though and i gotta say those 26 x 2.20 no name "balloon-like" tires roll great

the cassete is nice and loud and feels great

we go riding and we switch up on the bikes

we agree the aluminum BR is just a tad faster but as he says, quote,"the subrosa feels better"

heres him on my BR...btw he has a mongoose 20' mode and im probably gonna pick him up a 20' malum

Photo

|

1/15/2017 11:53 AM

That's awesome! I got my 4 year old a 16" Mirraco Wedge for Christmas and a new full-face helmet. They're putting a new set of trails, a small pump track and a skatepark right across the street from my buddies place. We'll be able to ride out his garage across the alley straight into the trails or park. Can't wait for Spring. Riding with your kid(s) is a blast.

|

1/15/2017 12:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2017 12:21 PM

thanks man

heres the spec list on my '17 BR

box tensioners

shadow blue stem bolts

PE stem cap

SE blue stem spacer

blue hex trick topz valve caps

Odyssey gary young 2 grips

promax blue brake lever

kool stop brake pads

tioga d-spyder seat

low profile silver bike shop pedals

...as for the salvador 26'er

Odyssey Evo 2 brake kit complete w/ monolever and Slic cable and after market red cable pinch

nickel Skull Trick Topz valve caps

|

1/15/2017 2:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2017 2:29 PM

RypRyder wrote:

no they state chromoly wish bone

and they do leave the ground

i saw the guy who built it up hit a 3 foot bunny hop off a slanted curb (bastard! get off my bike!)

https://shop.subrosabrand.com/category/subrosa-2017-salvador-26-complete-bike-satin-phosphate.html

That makes more sense. The wishbone is chromoly, but the seat stay, and chain stay are not. That's what I was saying in my first post. That the rear triangle isn't chromoly, just that piece that connects the chain stay to the bottom bracket, that's what a wishbone is. An a-frame attaches the stay directly to the bottom bracket. It's still a nice bike though. It's pretty big for him, but I guess he will grow into it.

|

1/15/2017 7:16 PM

the wishbone is the seat stay

|

1/15/2017 8:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2017 8:04 PM

No, the wishbone is that little nub that attaches the chain stay to the bottom bracket. The seat stay is the seat stay.

|

1/15/2017 8:11 PM

straight from wiki my man

Another common seatstay variant is the wishbone, single seat stay, or mono stay,[19] which joins the stays together just above the rear wheel into a monotube that is joined to the seat tube. A wishbone design adds vertical rigidity without increasing lateral stiffness, generally an undesirable trait for bicycles with unsuspended rear wheels.[20] The wishbone design is most appropriate when used as part of a rear triangle subframe on a bicycle with independent rear suspension

|

1/15/2017 8:15 PM

RypRyder wrote:

the wishbone is the seat stay

Maybe, but I think they would have said seat stay. I'm pretty sure it's just that nub. It's definitely not the seat stay though. It doesn't really matter anyway, by the time he's heavy enough to be able to break it, I'm sure he will have gotten plenty of use out of it. Just be easy on the dropouts.

|

1/15/2017 8:22 PM

you may be right

as far as the d/o's im reluctant to put tensioners on due the damage and scratches they put on the drop outs

|

1/15/2017 8:26 PM

ill probably contact subrosa this week to clarify what they mean by "wishbone"

|

1/15/2017 8:58 PM

ok the guys over at bmx mueseum are saying the wishbone is actually the peice that connects the chainstay to the BB or the seatstay to the frame..so in this case you were right,the wishbone on the salvador is the nub that connects the CS to the BB

|