Subrosa Street Rail

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2014 4:39 PM

Idk and idc if there is another thread about this lol

I ordered one and it should be here on Monday. I'm really excited to have another rail, as my last one was stolen from me (some rednecks took it to scrap it for metal! Assholes.) Its a bit pricey but my brother and i got together to use it as a shared gift and luckily my mom sprung for it. Word to my mother for that one! haha

So i was wondering what you all think about the rail? Does anyone else have one or want one?

Its really nice for people like me that don't normally have rails to ride.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/20/2014 4:51 PM

Too expensive and i have a few rail spots around

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/20/2014 5:00 PM

I think it would be nice to have, but there's no way I'm dropping that amount of money on a rail.
Also your story reminds me of when my box got stolen, I used to leave it at the end of my driveway since I used it almost every day, and one day I came home and it was gone sad

|

12/20/2014 5:01 PM

Well im not going to be around here in less than a year so why getting more stuff but i would like to have one

|

12/20/2014 5:11 PM

I made one for like $30
pipe, weld, dig a hole

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

12/20/2014 7:41 PM

cro tec wrote:

I made one for like $30
pipe, weld, dig a hole

Concrete wink

Seriously its way over priced

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/20/2014 7:52 PM

cro tec wrote:

I made one for like $30
pipe, weld, dig a hole

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Concrete wink

Seriously its way over priced

a nice cinderblock ledge setup, filled with quickcrete (completely unneccesary) and then covered in crete and smoothed with coping won't run you a half of that rail, and will be longer and a shitton more stable

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/20/2014 9:18 PM

I can go to the scrap yard, get some good pipes, and make a magical rail for like $10!!

|

12/20/2014 10:27 PM

I'd buy it if I had a proper garage or place to shred it in the canadian weather. Get some friends to sesh it underground somewhere. But security here will still kick you out just no fines .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/21/2014 5:34 AM

Hey,i just got one because here in my place,there is nothing to grind to and i wanted give it a test.
What happend when i ordered it:
First,yes it is too expensive,thats true.Why?when i first recieved the rail,the attachment of the rail is inaccurate.when i tighten every screw the rail stood totally obliquely to each other.you could put about 2-3 fingers under on foot of the rail.like on a old chair where one foot is too short and you wiggle around when sitting on it.
so i sent it back and recieved another one,i thought ok, a bad model,that can happen.
Second one,the same shit again?What the hell?
Ok,i fixed it by myself and enlarged the holes,so i could turn the rail parts until both feets stood plain on the ground.
That was no good but i kept the rail.I prolonged the rail,because i find it a bit too short,but thats what you know before you buy it and i have known that.
Here is a picture of my rail.
Sorry Subrosa,i can`t recommend your Product for that price.
Its true,you could buy that stuff for yourself and make one of your own for less money.if you have the right tools and know how to do it,its the better choice,i wouldnt buy this rail once more.
The Rail itself is strong enough for a normal grindsession,thats a positive one
Hope it helps you guys or who ever is interested.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

12/21/2014 5:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2014 5:48 AM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

anchor the bitch down... and put a qt like 10-15 feet away...
hell ask around my friend gave me a 10' stick of 3/4" galv for free cuz he was cleaning out his basement.
also- go to a building thats being demo'd and ask about free rails? then go to a hardware store, and get some concret...? or a shovel and sink it into the ground. and have a hill roll in to the rail so you have some speed? cost, 8 bucks for concret mix +whatever gas is, + maybe making coffee for a construction crew?

sounds like a good making for a when i was your age story.
" Well son... WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE and i wanted to learn how to grind I went to this building getting demolished and...."
|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/21/2014 6:27 AM

overpriced

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

12/21/2014 7:54 AM

Yes, it is overprices, but realistically with discount codes, you can actually get it for closer to 150.

I had a rail that a friend made and it got stolen. So hopefully since this one comes apart, it'll be okay.

Another problem is i don't have a legitimate driveway to put it in, so anywhere i would build a rail, i would be breaking the law. I could however make one similar to the subrosa, but it still would not be great because it would slide and stuff.

I may have to get some sort of extension for it later on, if id does seem to be way too short.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/21/2014 8:06 AM

Free dirt > $200 rail

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/21/2014 10:01 AM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Free dirt > $200 rail

also
stealing cinderblocks and angle iron from a construction site > 150-250$ shitty rail that moves

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/21/2014 10:04 AM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Free dirt > $200 rail

bmxsteve99 wrote:

also
stealing cinderblocks and angle iron from a construction site > 150-250$ shitty rail that moves

"stealing"

STEALING

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/21/2014 10:05 AM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Free dirt > $200 rail

bmxsteve99 wrote:

also

dkTechEthan wrote:

"stealing"

STEALING

and?

|

12/21/2014 10:09 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

also

dkTechEthan wrote:

"stealing"

STEALING

bmxsteve99 wrote:

and?

Stealing is satanic

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/21/2014 10:12 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

also

dkTechEthan wrote:

"stealing"

STEALING

bmxsteve99 wrote:

and?

I don't condone stealing from construction sites. But I'll be dead honest, I've done it too my fair share of times. They get the blocks cheap as fuck with the bulk sizes they buy though so try asking, they may hook you up

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

dkTechEthan wrote:

"stealing"

STEALING

bmxsteve99 wrote:

and?

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Stealing is satanic

lol

|

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/21/2014 10:40 AM

Making dirt jumps in construction sites is fun after they're not working

|

12/21/2014 10:46 AM

dkTechEthan wrote:

"stealing"

STEALING

bmxsteve99 wrote:

and?

tomdon wrote:

I don't condone stealing from construction sites. But I'll be dead honest, I've done it too my fair share of times. They get the blocks cheap as fuck with the bulk sizes they buy though so try asking, they may hook you up

My brother works construction. He told me sometimes when they need just a little bit of one material to finish a job they will steal from another companies site. I don't think constructuion workers really care.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/21/2014 10:49 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

and?

tomdon wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

My brother works construction. He told me sometimes when they need just a little bit of one material to finish a job they will steal from another companies site. I don't think constructuion workers really care.

agreed

plus 99% of the time its from an old inactive site, but sometimes we need a couple and we g to a live site
blocks from home depot are 1.20 or something, if you buy 100's, losing 3 of them really isnt noticable or a big deal
|

12/21/2014 11:04 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:
agreed

plus 99% of the time its from an old inactive site, but sometimes we need a couple and we g to a live site
blocks from home depot are 1.20 or something, if you buy 100's, losing 3 of them really isnt noticable or a big deal

Sadly I don't have a construction site or a place to steal from... haha

It was more of my brothers and mom's idea, but i dont mind because i do really want one. Haha

I may film a little edit just using it, if i can do enough stuff on it to fill a 2 minute slot lol

|

12/21/2014 11:16 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:
agreed

MaximusBikes wrote:

Sadly I don't have a construction site or a place to steal from... haha

It was more of my brothers and mom's idea, but i dont mind because i do really want one. Haha

I may film a little edit just using it, if i can do enough stuff on it to fill a 2 minute slot lol

do itttt
also i sent ya a pm check your email for vital

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/21/2014 11:54 AM

dkTechEthan wrote:

do itttt
also i sent ya a pm check your email for vital

I got it and replied just now!

|

12/21/2014 12:48 PM

I think its cool you got one of those man. The cost of equipment and machinery Subrosa needed to make this rail vs the cost that they are selling it for seems to make sense to me though from a business perspective. To me, $199.99 seems fair. (if you can get it discounted thats even better.) Plus paying for over head expenses and labor to assemble it. Sure you can dig a whole, crete it stick a pole in there and that may be a solid set up, but maybe certain people may not have the land or space to make their own rails and need a portable transferable rail. This is why it costs $200. I feel many people over look these minor details that add up.

|

12/21/2014 1:11 PM

that blows. how'd they get your rail?

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/21/2014 2:39 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

also

Well to be fair, the Subrosa rail has rubber on the bottom of the feet to prevent it from moving

But yeah cheapest route is definitely borrowing something without asking. Several years ago my friends & I found a handicap rail that you could pull out at some building, and we pounded it into the grass right next to the parking lot behind the building. It was so fun even though that was when I just started riding & could barely grind rails to begin with. The building owners eventually got rid of the rail..

But 2 years ago, we accidentally broke the other handicap rail there when grinding it, and it would pull out too. So we did the same thing we did years prior, except this time the building was abandoned so we got away with it for weeks until some retard broke a window there & got it shut down. Luckily someone stole the rail, hid it, and last year we got it back, pounded it into the ground out back a friend's house, and had tons of fun on it. Until an idiot neighbor backed into it with their truck by accident and bent it.

Photo

But one HUGE disadvantage rails like this have, are they are not portable at all. It stuck out the back of my friend's truck by a few feet. The Subrosa rail can be taken apart and put in a traditional car. Which is also another reason it's so expensive. To get a rail to be able to be taken apart like that, and put back together with the special lock plate it uses that not only attaches it but also prevents it from bending, probably costs a lot itself.

|