Subrosa Street Rail Full Review

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2015 7:07 PM

I got this a while back and now that i have used it for a long enough amount of time to know what it can truly hold up to, I'm giving a review on it. I know most people know about it already, but i figured maybe i could give some insight on it for more people.

Okay, so i ordered this from Albe's like two weeks before christmas and didn't get it til a day or two after, it shoulda been here way before, but oh well, shit happens. On first building it, unless you have people stand on both little flat parts, it will come out crooked. So that sucks. And the rubber pad on one end didn't stick at all for some reason, the glue was like already dry under the peel so idk what the deal with that is. But nothing a little duct tape can't fix.

So once its all fixed and ready to ride, it slides VERY well and is generally really nice for metal or plastic. When you first get it, i recommend just metal because with plastic it almost slides too well. I SUCK at hard 180s and can actually get them on this from time to time, if i am lucky. It is just right for crank arm grinds. Literally the best. Not so tall you have trouble and not so low you can't do it. Its super solid and is great for putting on small stair sets and on the tops of banks if you're into that, but beware, if you hit it with speed it CAN fall over but may not.

For winter, this thing has been my savior. Not having a lot of options for places to ride, this thing just pops right under a shelter or in the dry patch in the road when the rest is shitty. It doesn't slip but you can kinda like move it if you bonk it the wrong way. It's PERFECT for learning new tricks with the exception of it being really short, which some may not like. But they're making a connector kit so i can add it with the kids in the next town over. So no problem. And i just will go Adam22 speed at it to learn tricky stuff like pegs over pegs. It's easy to learn things overall, I feel safe using the rail, not like it's gonna flip up or something.

It's very pricey, 200$ is a lot. I think with a deal i got it for 180$. But that's fine if you ask me. It is probably worth a little less, like maybe 140$ but money is different for others. It is really nice and If you have the chance i would get one, like i said it's a gift for me and my brother and i like it a lot. Oh and when it gets really grinded you will need to wax it up but thats how it works.

Thanks for reading, and if my computer will work, i may have some clips of things i have learned on it.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/9/2015 3:18 AM

Pricey at $200? I payed £220, works out nearing double what you payed. But yeah, i agree, the rail is really nice, never feel like youre in any danger of getting hurt, slides super nice, feels sturdy af and mine rarely budges an inch

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/9/2015 7:10 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Pricey at $200? I payed 220, works out nearing double what you payed. But yeah, i agree, the rail is really nice, never feel ...more

Well if i transfered all my cash into that, it'd be like 400$, yeah. Haha but since you don't have to do that, it's not actually much more. Pounds are worth more, but since you get paid in them or something, it's about the same.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/9/2015 8:41 AM

I would just build my own rail. Honestly I would bet an hour of time for a professional welder, and around 25 bucks in materials. Sure it would not come apart, but for 100 bucks you're done.

I am building my own this summer again. Just gonna buy some tubing and weld it up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/9/2015 8:54 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would just build my own rail. Honestly I would bet an hour of time for a professional welder, and around 25 bucks in ...more

I had one a while ago, but that one got stolen. It wasn't as good and it was heavier and slid easier.

|

3/9/2015 1:22 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would just build my own rail. Honestly I would bet an hour of time for a professional welder, and around 25 bucks in ...more

yeah from what ive seen they are generally alot better than most custom made rails. They are well designed, ie the feet are super beef which not only helps for strength, but it'll keep the centre of gravity low. that coupled with the rubber feet means that it really does not budge a noticable amount for any grind that itsnt super heavy. Like if i didnt have the money, id totally just get one welded or do it myself at work, but since i did have the money to spare, thought fuck it, why not. Decent investment if you can afford one.

Thing is, now i need to build a slanted box thing to go with it.... then probs a quarter, then itll just get out of hand....
And then ill end up with a pop up plaza in my dads garage haha.

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/9/2015 1:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2015 1:38 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

Pricey at $200? I payed 220, works out nearing double what you payed. But yeah, i agree, the rail is really nice, never feel ...more

£220??
you must be riding eclat fireball tyres and gold plated 'Jesus Forks'
[LINK TO IMAGE]
And diamond barends

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

3/10/2015 4:11 AM

cro tec wrote:

220??
you must be riding eclat fireball tyres and gold plated 'Jesus Forks'
[LINK TO IMAGE]
And diamond barends

1st - Ive no idea what youre getting at.
2nd - Fireballs arent even that expensive, theyre below the £30 mark which alot of tyres fail to do these days. And with added nylon insert stuff....
3rd - I'd never ride anything amity

Diamond barends though..... hmmmm

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/10/2015 8:45 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

2nd - Fireballs arent even that expensive, theyre below the 30 mark which alot of ...more

In America, they're like 45$ a tire. haha

Which is WAYY too fucking much.

|

3/10/2015 9:40 AM

Haha, not in the uk.. My t/as cost me £35 each and theyre wank aswell haha

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/10/2015 9:55 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Haha, not in the uk.. My t/as cost me 35 each and theyre wank aswell haha

You didn't like the T/As? i liked mine, they're super grippy in situations where some tires aren't. I really recommend the Valor tires over them though, Similar compound and they are way nicer.

|

3/10/2015 12:30 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

yeah from what ive seen they are generally alot better than most custom made rails. They are well designed, ie the feet are ...more

I hear you, they are professionally designed and made, tested too, hard to beat that. I personally LOVE building things, and would rather spend a few bucks on materials and make it how I want, especially since I have a degree in welding smile

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/10/2015 12:40 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I hear you, they are professionally designed and made, tested too, hard to beat that. I personally LOVE building things, and ...more

I get you dawg. I'm the same but with machining shit. Ive not welded in a couple of years and i wouldnt trust them to hold up to bmx abuse. But yeah, i know what you mean, im making a completely custom made, manually machined front hub just because I want to. My front hub is fine but why not, extra swag points for custom made unique parts haa.

@maximus - No, I dont like them too much tbh, not the greatest grip and the sideways are wank compared to other tyres ive ridden. Look good though haha

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/10/2015 1:12 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

I get you dawg. I'm the same but with machining shit. Ive not welded in a couple of years and i wouldnt trust them to hold up ...more

The black ones are better. They stink though, like on a hot day especially or in a car. The compound is SO potent that they literally have a scent to them.

|

3/10/2015 1:43 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

2nd - Fireballs arent even that expensive, theyre below the 30 mark which alot of ...more

Looks at Amity Jesus forks on my bike
cries deeply

|

Bruh

3/11/2015 9:45 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

cries deeply

im sorry man! I didnt now you had them haha. ill correct it.... Unless I had no other choice but to not ride, I'd never ride anything Amity wink

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/11/2015 11:48 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

cries deeply

I wana see! pics!!!! w00t

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

3/11/2015 6:16 PM

Photo

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

3/11/2015 6:46 PM

Yeah, i know, they were sold out on danscomp when i was trying to get one and albes had them so it ended up being about 175$ from them just for the rail but i got pegs with it too, metal ones.

|

3/12/2015 10:56 AM

cro tec wrote:

I wana see! pics!!!! w00t

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/Street-Enough,1299635

Eddi, they were cheap, I want a new front wheel to match the rear and chrome, maybe black forks and bike is sorted for good.

|

Bruh