Subrosa big b****** vs bone Deth penetrators...what do you think is stronger?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/24/2020 8:21 AM

I’m getting back into riding after a 10 or 11 year break. I’m building up a new bike and got about everything except cranks and I want something strong. I never broke a set of profiles so I thought about getting the beefier profile column cranks, but getting those in chrome are going to be over $200 So I’m kinda thinking F that. I’m thinking I’m going to get either the subrosa big bitchin cranks or the bonedeth penetrators. They both look strong as hell. I know bonedeth makes real strong stuff, but these subrosas look tough too. What do you guys think would be the stronger crank? Not going to be doing any crank arm slides but I’ve snapped pedal bosses off of cranks before riding street. Anyone have experience with either of these cranks? Also, I am NOT going to get odyssey cranks.

|

2/24/2020 8:28 AM

A friend has had the original Bitchin' cranks for 4 or 5 years now and they really hold up.

I'm curious though; why wouldn't you get Odyssey cranks?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/24/2020 8:40 AM

I would go with the bonedeths.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/24/2020 8:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2020 9:39 AM

I love my bonedeth penetrators , I highly recommend them , I like the chrome

|

2/24/2020 9:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2020 9:30 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

A friend has had the original Bitchin' cranks for 4 or 5 years now and they really hold up.

I’m really not into the wedge interface design they use. 48 spline cranks have always treated me well. I like the look of the caliburs just haven’t heard much about them.

|

2/24/2020 11:55 AM

get profile cranks

|

fack off

2/24/2020 12:41 PM

Animal.

|

2/24/2020 1:01 PM

|

2/24/2020 3:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2020 3:31 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

MichiganBMX wrote:

I’m really not into the wedge interface design they use. 48 spline cranks have always treated me well. I like the look of the caliburs just haven’t heard much about them.

I was always skeptical of the wedge interface, but the Never-Wobble guarantee ultimately suckered me in.

Needless to say after almost a year with my Thunderbolts there's no way I could ever go back to spline, or pinch bolt cranks. I just find the system more solid and easier to deal with.

|

2/24/2020 3:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2020 3:33 PM

Bone Deth. Their parts are badass. Subrosa is lowkey corny too. I mean so is BD but at least they are supposed to be.

|

2/25/2020 1:57 AM

Both are solid.

|

brakeless maniac

2/25/2020 3:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/25/2020 3:18 AM

get some fit indents, super solid, proven cranks. and you can still find the 19mm sometimes for less than $100. ive never seen or heard of them breaking, and I have looked into it.

|

2/29/2020 10:18 PM

Well I know I said I wouldn’t get odyssey cranks but I got a bunch of parts today on a trade and brand new odyssey thunderbolts were part of it. I threw em on my bike seeing that they’re nice, brand new cranks and I wasn’t payin anything out of pocket for em. Already not a huge fan of these cranks but they’re on so I’m going to ride em a bit. I don’t like that just to do something like change your sprocket you have to take the opposite crank arm off, take that stupid ass wedge out, and pound your drive side arm and spindle completely out of the bottom bracket. I guess that’s better than having them be 3 piece and having to deal with 2 of those pain in the ass wedges! plus, it kinda looks shitty having a gap between my crank arm and dust cover due to the wedge design.

|

2/29/2020 11:00 PM

I'd personally much rather disassemble Thunderbolts vs. splined cranks (one of the many reasons I got them).

As for the wedge being visible... That's part of the design and the reason why it has a Never-Wobble guarantee. Also, I'm guessing your wedges must of come undone, because mine were easy as shit to put on/ take off.

|

3/1/2020 6:15 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

I'd personally much rather disassemble Thunderbolts vs. splined cranks (one of the many reasons I got them).

As for the wedge being visible... That's part of the design and the reason why it has a Never-Wobble guarantee. Also, I'm guessing your wedges must of come undone, because mine were easy as shit to put on/ take off.

Yeah the wedges were coming undone. I’m blaming it on my big hands. I would try gettin my thumbs in the wedge cluster and spread the rubber band over the spindle and kept having 1 or two of the metal pieces fall out of the rubber band piece. My wife put the wedge on first try lol. I’m dealing with the defeat a lot better today and actually liking the cranks quite a bit. I just had a bad taste in my mouth about em last night after getting pissed off about the wedge then watching my wife slide it right on in half a second haha.

|

3/1/2020 11:09 AM

I bet that’s going to drive you nuts every time you ride now

|

3/2/2020 3:25 AM

i really like how the bone deths only come in 170, and 175. fuck trends, and fuck riding little kids cranks..

|

3/2/2020 5:49 AM

Highly recommend the odyssey thunder bolts lol

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit