Suggested Upgrades?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2014 10:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2014 10:32 PM

So for Christmas, I have already been told that my parents are getting me a Mongoose Mode 900. I know and have heard that it is a decent bike for the price. Since my parents are not willing to look at any other bikes a little better and more expensive, I am starting to look at upgrades for the bike to but with Christmas money. I dont really know enough about bikes to make a great decision on my own but what specific upgrades should I buy first for the Mongoose Mode 900? Like pedals, chain, rims, etc. Any responses would help, thanks

|

12/3/2014 10:52 PM

Try to get parts that will make the bike feel better or not so cheap like grips,tires,pedals and bars if they're to small if not its just a waste of money.

|

12/3/2014 11:12 PM

Save up for when something does end up breaking, don't blow it on new parts that work fine.

Although tires, pedals and grips you may want to change to suit your riding/comfort better. Maybe add some pegs.

That bike is pretty dialed for the price honestly, full chromoly, double wall rims, but I don't believe it has sealed hubs so if anything, maybe better hubs in the future.

|

12/4/2014 6:48 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Save up for when something does end up breaking, don't blow it on new parts that work fine.

Although tires, pedals and grips ...more

If I want to buy pegs, k see on dans comp there is like a sleeve you can buy but what is it?

|

12/4/2014 6:48 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

If I want to buy pegs, k see on dans comp there is like a sleeve you can buy but what is it?

|

12/4/2014 9:56 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

this.

every fucking day this.

if it aint broke, don't fix it.

even keep the tires, pedals and grips... shit don't matter much. and they aint that bad on that bike... just save the money for when shit does bend and break or blowouts

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/4/2014 2:49 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

this.

every fucking day this.

if it aint broke, don't fix it.

even keep the tires, pedals and grips... shit don't matter ...more

Ok thanks, can you explain to me what peg sleeves are?

|

12/4/2014 3:26 PM

Save your money, things will break eventually

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/4/2014 3:45 PM

LeviB wrote:

Ok thanks, can you explain to me what peg sleeves are?

Peg sleeves are a little plastic tube that slides over your pegs so you can grind more smoothly. I have plastic pegs which I'll ip,lad pics of in a minute, they're basically the same thing.

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/4/2014 3:46 PM

Photo

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/4/2014 5:25 PM

Plastic sleeves won't fit on any peg though, so I would recommend buying a peg that is steel with a sleeve on case you decide to not run plastic or don't want to eat through the core because you grinded a couple times with a hole in the sleeve

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/4/2014 7:12 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Plastic sleeves won't fit on any peg though, so I would recommend buying a peg that is steel with a sleeve on case you decide ...more

This . However you could also take your peg to a hardware store, find the right diameter PVC pipe, and cut it down and that would work

|

-HardBMX_Tim

12/4/2014 7:20 PM

Don't waste your money, you'll buy something then you'll break something after and you won't have money to replace what you need ....unnecessary parts buying is silly , unless you have a good job with constant flow of cash coming in

|

12/4/2014 8:55 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Don't waste your money, you'll buy something then you'll break something after and you won't have money to replace what you ...more

this. this for days.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "