Suggestions on what i should to my bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2015 2:50 AM

So i bought a second hand custom built bike yesterday.
Heres a list of the parts it has:
- Verde Vex frame
- Odyssey forks (idk the model)
- Verde front wheel
- Nitrous rear hub, i dont know about the spokes/rim.
- Mankind bars (dont know the model)
- Verde cranks
- Verde sprockets
- WTP seat
- Superstar orion stem
- Verde headset
- Animal pedals

Any suggestions on what color i should paint the fork, frame and cranks? Maybe something that would
look nice with the red stem and front wheel? Im pretty new to BMX so please tell me if this bike is any good for a beginner!:D I also got some spare parts with the bike when i bought it. One of those being Odyssey hazard hubs (ive put a picture of them down below),
should i use them instead of the hubs i got on the bike right now?

ps. Sorry for my bad English:D

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/29/2015 6:15 AM

Ride it!
Seriously, you don't need to do anything to it yet. Just get used to it, then think about what parts you might want to change when you need too. It's not a bad bike at all

|

12/29/2015 6:19 AM

Ok! :D

|

12/29/2015 6:39 AM

Just ride it, bike looks good! Plus if you want to repaint it you would have to sand off ALL the paint and then paint it with some really high quality paint. Would take heaps of time and money.

|

12/29/2015 7:10 AM

Thats true, i would have some spare time tho, cuz its winter here in Finland where i live! And theres not that many indoor parks around here:/

|

12/29/2015 7:26 AM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

Just ride it, bike looks good! Plus if you want to repaint it you would have to sand off ALL the paint and then paint it with some really high quality paint. Would take heaps of time and money.

Aircraft remover makes getting rid of the original paint so much easier and faster. After using that you only have to sand a little bit but even if you wanted to sand the entire thing it doesn't take "heaps" of time. Painting parts yourself definitely doesn't take heaps of money either. The only hard part is being patient in between coats of paint so that it gets done correctly.

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

12/29/2015 12:41 PM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

motogrizz wrote:

Aircraft remover makes getting rid of the original paint so much easier and faster. After using that you only have to sand a little bit but even if you wanted to sand the entire thing it doesn't take "heaps" of time. Painting parts yourself definitely doesn't take heaps of money either. The only hard part is being patient in between coats of paint so that it gets done correctly.

BUT put money into decent paint and clear coat.

Cheap stuff nets a cheap paint job that rubs/easily scratches off and looks crappy.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/30/2015 12:40 AM

Just strap a shitload of fireworks to it
Light them then ride around you should be good

|

12/30/2015 1:55 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Just strap a shitload of fireworks to it
Light them then ride around you should be good

haha:D

|

12/30/2015 4:54 AM