Suitable site for dirt jump?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2015 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2015 2:50 PM

Living in a mostly suburban area, there are almost no spots around me, and as I don't have a car I can't drive to any spots far away or to the nearest skatepark, there is pretty much nothing to ride. I found a spot under a bridge that has a lot of dirt, a stream next to it, and looks like it might be suitable for a dirt jump (1 jump). Photo

the "T" is for the takeoff, and the "L" is for the landing. The arrow shows where you would start and get speed for the jump. I don't know exactly how I'll go about building them, but I don't want to start only to find out it isn't going to work. The dirt more towards the right by the concrete pillars is a little damp, and the dirt closer to the left with the line going through it it dry.

Here is a pic of the dirt that you can't really see (in the sun):

Photo

A larger scale of the whole thing:

Photo

And a closer show of the drier dirt with the line going through:

Photo

If it is suitable for a jump, how would I get the supplies (shovel, etc.) there? Again, I don't have a car, and it would be super sketch riding around town with a shovel to get there (people would get suspicious and whatnot).

|

1/19/2015 5:49 PM

Idk about a jump there. Would you not smack your head on the top, can't tell how low the bridge is.
I'd clear all the dirt to the side for a jump and then get some cement and build a little DIY spot, I'm dieing for a setup under a bridge like that

|

Smoke Drink Die

1/19/2015 6:14 PM

I wouldn't want to bonk my noggin off that

Concrete does not forgive

|

1/19/2015 6:15 PM

In the back their though of that second picture where there's no shadow looks like an alright spot

|

1/20/2015 6:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2015 6:02 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Idk about a jump there. Would you not smack your head on the top, can't tell how low the bridge is.
I'd clear all the dirt to ...more

Nah I wouldn't hit my head, the bridge looks lower than it is cause I took the pic from high up, and I'd only be making 2-4 foot jumps so it won't be a problem. I like the DIY idea; which side are you talking about to clear the dirt from (looking at the first pic)? What kind of stuff would I put/bring down there? I'm also not sure how deep the dirt is so that could be a problem, but hopefully not.

|