Sunday Broadcaster

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2013 6:03 PM

Has anyone rode this yet? Opinions,concerns I might have?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/17/2013 6:06 PM

i havent rode it but its got good reviews

|

8/17/2013 6:19 PM

its a short frame.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/17/2013 6:38 PM

It's a tech frame from sunday that doesn't have the 41 thermal heat treating process. It has some other heat treating process but it still has all the sunday features. I would assume it's a solid frame

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/17/2013 6:56 PM

Anyone know if it's still available in midnight blue?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/17/2013 7:08 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

That color is being discontinued. It should be discounted in that color

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/17/2013 7:11 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

tomdon wrote:

That color is being discontinued. It should be discounted in that color

That's certainly what it seems like. I just checked the full factory website and it's only in chrome . I'd take midnight blue over chrome though, I've seen so many shitty chrome bikes.

|

-HardBMX_Tim

8/17/2013 7:17 PM

tomdon wrote:

It's a tech frame from sunday that doesn't have the 41 thermal heat treating process. It has some other heat treating process but it still has all the sunday features. I would assume it's a solid frame

Since it doesn't have 41 thermal heat treating, the lifetime warranty doesn't apply to the frame.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

8/17/2013 8:20 PM

tomdon wrote:

Does this make the frame significantly weaker?

|

-HardBMX_Tim

8/17/2013 8:27 PM

tomdon wrote:

bmxfromma wrote:

I doubt it. It's Jake Seelys signature frame and he is a super technical guy who goes hard. Check out his latest profile edit.

|

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

8/17/2013 9:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2013 9:04 PM

tomdon wrote:

bmxfromma wrote:

Broughton wrote:

I doubt it. It's Jake Seelys signature frame and he is a super technical guy who goes hard. Check out his latest profile edit.

I have haha he's insane. I just don't wanna buy some shit frame that'll end up snapping on me. I'm a bit sketched out by the price, I mean doesn't $299 sound a bit low for a frame? Not that the savings are bad of course

|

-HardBMX_Tim

8/17/2013 9:30 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

I have haha he's insane. I just don't wanna buy some shit frame that'll end up snapping on me. I'm a bit sketched out by the price, I mean doesn't $299 sound a bit low for a frame? Not that the savings are bad of course

the haro zebra is like 159 or something on dans 299 for a sunday frame sounds like a deal to me

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/17/2013 9:51 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Broughton wrote:

bmxfromma wrote:

You can purchase a lifetime warranty if you go and buy it through ALBE'S. I believe it's only $30.

|

8/18/2013 5:39 AM

Broughton wrote:

You can purchase a lifetime warranty if you go and buy it through ALBE'S. I believe it's only $30.

I just checked out albes and it says a limited lifetime warranty. So does that just mean they have restrictions on the cases in whih they'd warranty it?

|

-HardBMX_Tim

8/18/2013 7:28 AM

If you want a blue bike why don't you look at the Fit WiFi. Similar specs, same price. The only thing about the Broadcaster I don't like is the 8.25" standover but maybe that's your cup of tea.

|

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

8/18/2013 11:16 AM

whocares wrote:

If you want a blue bike why don't you look at the Fit WiFi. Similar specs, same price. The only thing about the Broadcaster I don't like is the 8.25" standover but maybe that's your cup of tea.

How exactly does the standover affect the bike? Like does low standover mean a low frame?

|

-HardBMX_Tim

8/18/2013 4:19 PM

whocares wrote:

bmxfromma wrote:

How exactly does the standover affect the bike? Like does low standover mean a low frame?

Pretty much. It doesn't really affect the bike as in the ride. The only thing it probably affects is making whips a bit easier.

I'd say the default height for most of the frames out there is 8.5". It looks like the popular frames and new are moving towards a 9" standover such as the Subrosa Noster, Cult's Bad Boy & Deathrow (even the OS which is close at 8.75"), Federal Lacey, BSD WZA, Volume Bermuda etc.

A plus is that you don't have to show as much seat post and still have a comfortable height to sit and pedal if that matters to you. I just think higher standover bikes look cleaner but most important, do you. The Broadcaster is a nice bike and it's a Sunday so it should hold up. I'd choose a Subrosa Noster to be honest at that price unless you for sure wanted the 75.5 HT angle. If so, seriously consider looking at the Federal Lacey frame.

|

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

8/18/2013 4:33 PM

whocares wrote:

Pretty much. It doesn't really affect the bike as in the ride. The only thing it probably affects is making whips a bit easier.

I'd say the default height for most of the frames out there is 8.5". It looks like the popular frames and new are moving towards a 9" standover such as the Subrosa Noster, Cult's Bad Boy & Deathrow (even the OS which is close at 8.75"), Federal Lacey, BSD WZA, Volume Bermuda etc.

A plus is that you don't have to show as much seat post and still have a comfortable height to sit and pedal if that matters to you. I just think higher standover bikes look cleaner but most important, do you. The Broadcaster is a nice bike and it's a Sunday so it should hold up. I'd choose a Subrosa Noster to be honest at that price unless you for sure wanted the 75.5 HT angle. If so, seriously consider looking at the Federal Lacey frame.

That was one of the first frames I checked out. My friend jut got a united dinero frame (which has really similar geo to the broadcaster) and he let me cruise around on it for a bit. I really like the way it felt

|

-HardBMX_Tim