Sunday Freeze Top Load Stem??

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2013 12:39 PM

Is that stem any good for a cheap price??

|

9/8/2013 12:45 PM

yes it's a decent stem, but don't buy it. don't support sunday. get a subrosa hold tight

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

9/8/2013 12:54 PM

Okay thank you.

|

9/8/2013 12:56 PM

King_Dan202 wrote:

Okay thank you.

of course if you like sunday, go for it

|

9/8/2013 1:02 PM

Imho it looks as cheap as its price. But I haven't heard of any breaking yet. Personally if I was on a budget i'd watch the scratch and dent or clearance sales but im a little biased as well, not a fan of Sunday with the exception of one or two of their riders.

|

9/8/2013 1:36 PM

I personally wouldn't buy it or run it if I had one. I just don't trust cast aluminum.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/8/2013 1:37 PM

The reason it's cheap is because it's not CNC Machined.
It will do the job

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/8/2013 1:47 PM

Wait what why don't you want to support sunday ?

|

don't overthink it just do it !

9/8/2013 3:00 PM

I run the freeze an can say its a brilliant stem am I'm perfectly happy with it

|

9/8/2013 3:31 PM

|

9/8/2013 3:35 PM

I was thinking of picking it up. Jim C kinda seems like a bitch, but I like some of their riders and I'd pick sunday over subrosa any day.

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

9/8/2013 4:38 PM

Great stem for the price.

Jim c is a bit of a knob but he was/is a good rider and Sunday have an awesome warranty dept if if ever have issues. Sunday as a company has done a lot to push long lasting products

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

9/8/2013 4:50 PM

Okay thank you everyone for your help and i like the sunday freeze but i am also looking into the fly bikes alta 2 top load stem in polished.

|

9/8/2013 4:57 PM

I've seen some bad ass dudes who have had their freezes for 2+ years with no problems so far

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/8/2013 4:58 PM

Oooh anything about the fly alta stem??

|

9/8/2013 5:37 PM

Idk.. my friend's always slipped and stripped super easy

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

9/8/2013 6:05 PM

I have heard so many bad things about both the frontload and the topload versions of that stem. i wouldnt touch it with gloves. im running the BSD Race V2 Topload right now, and i absolutely love it. its like a $20-$25 difference, but in my opinion it is way worth it. strong as shit, looks pretty nice, doesnt slip ever. it's also made with a slightly higher grade than lots of other stems, the shadow one for example. BSD is my vote.

|

Insta: @devicacy

9/8/2013 7:16 PM

Challenger stem

|

It’s all bmx

9/8/2013 8:51 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Challenger stem

This, or the redneck

If you get the freeze stem it will most likely cause you to implode and the simultaneously explode

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/8/2013 9:13 PM

Them hoes Gucci doe.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/10/2013 9:07 AM

for the same price on danscomp try the stolen convict topload..good quality, won't slip or break, descent weight and looks nice

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

9/10/2013 11:02 AM

seen two snap but they got warrantied within a coupple days? idk how but they did.

|

9/10/2013 1:32 PM

you guys are beasts. who the hell snaps a stem?!

|

9/10/2013 1:51 PM

Crazy people at my bike park. lol. snapped right from underneath to the front. lol

|

9/10/2013 2:03 PM

And I've witnessed Fit Indents snap.. doesn't mean they're bad cranks. Every part breaks and has its limits. But I know 2 people who ive seen riding this stem for 2+years. One is on the Sunday AM team I believe, or atleast was, and one isn't sponsored but took 4th place in a contest riding against Fit's pro riders, and second place two years before in a local contest, and first place this year at another local contest. So that's 2 pretty damn good riders who have been riding this stem for a while and have had no problems at all.

|

9/10/2013 7:19 PM

It isnt that bad from what i hear, just make sure your bars have a nice knurling on them. Im my opinion, any AMERICAN MADE stem will treat you well. Majority use better quality bolts and aluminum. My Madera Mast hasnt slipped ever!! Very good stem! Look at Profile, S&M, Madera, and i think Fit. But if you cant afford that, go ahead and get it.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/11/2013 6:57 AM

King_Dan202 wrote:

Okay thank you.

Don't fucking listen to him

|