Sunday Knox sprocket RED!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/30/2013 4:12 AM

SOMEONE HELP ME OUT!!!! Been trying for weeks and weeks to get one, and CrucialBMX said the supplier were sending one, but they messaged me today saying they cant get it in red. Anyone know how to get on in the UK?

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/30/2013 5:37 AM

Buy a different colour and paint it?

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

10/30/2013 6:53 AM

ceebs with all the home anodising shit, dont fancy having acid in my house.... And knowing me, id get it everywhere, which for acid IS BAD

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

10/30/2013 6:59 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

ceebs with all the home anodising shit, dont fancy having acid in my house.... And knowing me, id get it everywhere, which for ...more

Find a place that can annodize, and have them redo it?

Contact Sunday and see if they can do anything?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/30/2013 7:03 AM

Just get a daily grind millennium if you can't get your fit key in red.

|

10/30/2013 7:39 AM

Get a key guard instead

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/30/2013 7:39 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

completely forgot about the DG sprocket! ................after some checking, it seems just as hard to get in red here as the Sunday! sad

@dave - I've messaged a place in Manchester that does it asking for a quote... no idea how much it'll be.

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

10/30/2013 8:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2013 8:55 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

completely forgot about the DG sprocket! ................after some checking, it seems just as hard to get in red here as the ...more

Take it to a body shop that has an oven wink

|

10/30/2013 8:15 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

completely forgot about the DG sprocket! ................after some checking, it seems just as hard to get in red here as the ...more

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

you dont get aluminium sprayed, you get it anodised lad. Its a chemical reaction that changes the colour of the actual metall rather than putting a colour on it if you get me... it also 'seals' it so it doesnt oxodise in air. Thanks for the suggestion though, but i dont think a body shop would have the equipment to do it

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

10/30/2013 8:48 AM

fuck it, imma just order my shit from usa, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much cheaper. and I'll probs get shit sooner

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

10/30/2013 8:58 AM

http://wallerbmx.co.uk/products/sunday-knox-sprocket/

There you go.

It's red there in 25 and 28t

|

10/30/2013 9:04 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

you dont get aluminium sprayed, you get it anodised lad. Its a chemical reaction that changes the colour of the actual metall ...more

I thought anodizing was more of an electro-plating process that only changes the surface of the metal?

It can be removed with oven cleaner, so that's why I don't believe it actually changes the color of the metal but rather plates it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/30/2013 9:16 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I thought anodizing was more of an electro-plating process that only changes the surface of the metal?

It can be removed with ...more

It is, it only plates the metal doesn't change it

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/30/2013 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2013 9:35 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

There you go.

as i said before on another thread, they have a habbit of saying different to what they actually have in stock! I tried ordering then they rang me saying they dont have it, they never did...

and i stand corrected on the anodising, still not happening in a body shop though....

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

10/30/2013 10:57 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

There you go.

EddiMundo wrote:

as i said before on another thread, they have a habbit of saying different to what they actually have in stock! I tried ...more

Contact powdercoaters, see what they can do. Usually they have anodizing abilities.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/30/2013 3:09 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Contact powdercoaters, see what they can do. Usually they have anodizing abilities.

Or they can do trans red ontop of a polished one, should look the same. I just picked up a can of Duplicolor Metalcast for $8.15 at an O'Reilly's to splatter on to my parts. Its a trans-color spray paint made to go directly on to shiny metal surfaces including chrome, and polished whatever. I have it on my cranks, and after two days of riding with them like this, my shoes haven't rubbed any off yet, which is pretty surprising actually for a wet paint.
I sprayed some on the raw bottom of a soda can to see how trans it really was. After 7 coats, the bottom of the can was completely trans blue, and I could still see the barcode perfectly through the paint. It says its made to give an anodized look to shiny bare metal.
I think maybe your cheapest and best option is to give it a try and paint a polished sprocket with the red Metalcast. I honestly don't think anybody would notice the difference, and if you want, I can paint another soda can or something with it and post a picture so you can see how it comes out.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/30/2013 3:30 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

If you are desperate enough you can pay for the giant shipping cost to the UK from dans comp, they got one.

|

10/31/2013 6:24 AM

was talking to the guys at empire, and its gunna cost the same as getting my cult fc here as it is to get the sprocket, fc and the new markit dvd + shiping......................... so yeah, im doingthat

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit