Sunday Saker Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

5/12/2017 2:55 PM

Are they any good?

|

5/12/2017 4:52 PM

Just spend the money and get good quality cranks. Cranks are not worth skimping on.
I recommend the new Odyssey cranks, Profiles, or Shadow Killers.

|

5/12/2017 8:55 PM

I'd say no. Save up a bit more and get odyssey Thunderbolts.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

5/12/2017 9:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2017 9:06 PM

I ran a pair of odyssey thunderbolts for 3 years without any bending or breaking. The only reason their not on my new bike is my pedals got rusted in. I wont use any other cranks.

|

5/12/2017 10:54 PM

I rode profile race cranks with a ti spindle for over ten years , they where well worth it

|

5/14/2017 12:38 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

Just spend the money and get good quality cranks. Cranks are not worth skimping on.
I recommend the new Odyssey cranks, Profiles, or Shadow Killers.

Alternative to Shadow Killers (in case you cant find them) would be Bone Deth Penetrators or Subrosa Bitchin/Big Bitchin. Pretty much made at the same factory with a slight difference in arm shape, but also strong as fuck.

I'm actually kind of interested in the primo stevie churchill and eclat onyx cranks. I wonder how the 24mm spindle is, but cant really justify getting myself a new set of cranks right now.

|

5/14/2017 3:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2017 4:01 AM

If your looking to save some money, you might still be able to find some of the old 19mm fit indents. I got a pair, and they are solid as hell, nice and stiff, and really pretty cool looking. Best cranks I've ever rode. Igot mine new for $80 on eBay. They were $160 retail. Can't beat that.
I mean it's the internet. You have the world at your fingertips. I never pay retail price for anything, ever. I don't get why anyone does. I'm always looking for deals. I've gotten stuff for so cheap you wouldn't believe. Just shop around. Stay away from 8 spline if you plan on doing more than cruising.
You really usually get what you pay for (retail prices lol). If your cranks cost half as much as good cranks, they will only last half as long. You'll be luck to get a year out of those. Buy cheap, buy twice.

|

5/14/2017 4:09 AM

sean_gillis wrote:

I ran a pair of odyssey thunderbolts for 3 years without any bending or breaking. The only reason their not on my new bike is my pedals got rusted in. I wont use any other cranks.

Sit them flat on something so you can get at the backs of the threads, mix up acetone and ATF 50/50, shake it well and pour it into the back holes and let it sit overnight, this should budge them, its just as good as the best penetrating sprays on the market.cool

|

5/14/2017 4:31 AM

No

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/14/2017 10:33 AM

sean_gillis wrote:

I ran a pair of odyssey thunderbolts for 3 years without any bending or breaking. The only reason their not on my new bike is my pedals got rusted in. I wont use any other cranks.

weegaz22 wrote:

Sit them flat on something so you can get at the backs of the threads, mix up acetone and ATF 50/50, shake it well and pour it into the back holes and let it sit overnight, this should budge them, its just as good as the best penetrating sprays on the market.cool

I already got new cranks.

|

5/14/2017 1:04 PM

MUDDYCCTV wrote:

Are they any good?

In short yes. But, buy cheap and you buy twice. Always have that in mind when you are shopping for upgrades.

I have seen a few guys riding them. Of say 4 only 1 has had any real problems. Personally I think it might be the installation. He probably forgot about the spacer or something.

|

5/14/2017 2:13 PM

I have ridden them light street and park for one year and when installed correctly they hold up as well as any other 8 spooned pinch bolt cranks. I strongly recommend for a cheap upgrade for an intermediate level rider. Never dropped over 4 feet and they're stiff as day 1. Also works for crank arm grinds too

|