Sunday Soundwave 2019 Questions

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2018 6:51 AM

I mad a thread last week about building a new bike, but it appears the soundwave is a better deal.
Id I build a bike Im not sure I would go all that high end. However even with lower end parts the price is at the soundwave complete anyways.

Does anyone is the the soundwave complete the V3 Frame? The specs dont say.

I am doing/learning whips, jjumps, and pump the skate park. is this bike over kill for what Im doing?

Does anyone know if complete bikes loike the soundwave go on sale around the holidays? Im in no rush to buy it. Does it get much cheaper?

Thanks!

|

9/14/2018 6:55 AM

I have a 2014 Sunday Soundwave V1 and it's badass. Buy it.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/14/2018 6:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2018 6:59 AM

It is the v3, according to the Sunday site: [link]

I treat bikes as tools; why would you get something of inferior quality if you're going to use it regularly? I wouldn't say it's overkill but a bike, like any tool, is only worth what the owner gets out of it.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/14/2018 7:00 AM

Riding a well designed and put together bike is a pleasure. If you can afford it, why not?

|

9/14/2018 7:00 AM

ok Im sold, should I wait to get it until the holdays?

|

9/14/2018 7:07 AM

screamingtiger wrote:

If you can hold out a month or two, BMX has pretty good Black Friday deals. It might be worth it to wait

As far as a 2019 Soundwave complete? That's a badass bike. IMO overbuilt is just built enough when it comes to BMX.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/14/2018 7:32 AM

screamingtiger wrote:

Keep your eyes peeled for deals on Ebay & such. They regularly have 10,20, 25% off deals for one or two days only. Sometimes it's an app use only sale, etc... but I've gotten some great deals on already cheaper priced stuff & thru bike shops/retailers with good reps.

|

9/14/2018 7:45 AM

screamingtiger wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Keep your eyes peeled for deals on Ebay & such. They regularly have 10,20, 25% off deals for one or two days only. ...more

I can get it 12% off now, I know on labor day it was 15% off. 25% off would be insane!

|

9/14/2018 7:48 AM

12% is a good deal too. 25% is relatively rare & sometimes doesn't include the items you really want. It's a crap shoot. On the plus side, if you get it now, you can start riding it now. If you wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday, you MAY get a deal, or it might not be an item that's "on sale". AND, you won't get to ride it much at that time of year unless it's at an indoor location.

|

9/14/2018 7:50 AM

screamingtiger wrote:

I can get it 12% off now, I know on labor day it was 15% off. 25% off would be insane!

Yeah get one with the 12% off. Im assuimg youd be ordering from Albes?

|

9/14/2018 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2018 8:06 AM

If you live in Omaha, don't you guys get insane winters? If you can get 12% off now, go for it. Get a month of riding in before you hibernate.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/14/2018 9:37 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

If you live in Omaha, don't you guys get insane winters? If you can get 12% off now, go for it. Get a month of riding in ...more

Ill be able to ride through december. I plan to bundle up and go hit the skate parks while they are empty.

But yet, if 12% is about the best it gets I am doing it now. I am getting th ef25 for,k for a front brake and figuring out a gyro.

|

9/14/2018 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2018 10:42 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

If you live in Omaha, don't you guys get insane winters? If you can get 12% off now, go for it. Get a month of riding in ...more

screamingtiger wrote:

Ill be able to ride through december. I plan to bundle up and go hit the skate parks while they are empty.

But yet, if 12% is ...more

For a brake get a,

Front Brake:
-Brake- Odyssey EVO 2.5
-Cable- Odyssey Slic
-Lever- Odyssey Monolever

Rear brake/ gyro:
-Brake- Odyssey EVO 2.5
-Lower cable- a dual power cable would be ideal, but a standard Y Cable would be easiest
-Gyro- Odyssey GTX-S
-Upper Cable- Odyssey M2 cable (buy the Odyssey M2 lever and the M2 cable comes with it

Brake- https://www.albes.com/odyssey-evo-2-5-brake/

Levers- https://www.albes.com/odyssey-m2-lever-medium/

https://www.albes.com/odyssey-monolever-lever-medium/

Gyro stuff- https://www.albes.com/odyssey-bottom-gyro-cable/

https://www.albes.com/odyssey-sealed-gyro-gtx-s-aluminum/

I would personally reccomend buying from Empire BMX, but i know you'll be buying from Albes...

|

9/14/2018 10:50 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

It is the v3, according to the Sunday site: [link]

I treat bikes as tools; why would you get something of inferior quality if ...more

Yep, i went cheap as possible when I first started riding and quickly found out there is no point. Buy the highest quality parts that fit the specs you are looking for.

And yes, I believe it is the v3.

|

9/14/2018 11:13 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

screamingtiger wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

For a brake get a,

Front Brake:
-Brake- Odyssey EVO 2.5
-Cable- Odyssey Slic

Rear brake/ gyro:
...more

Dude thanks a bunch for those links. I just get a 15% of code from dans comp but it appears they dont sell this bike. Why do you recommend empire BMX? Will they price match?

|

9/14/2018 11:20 AM

screamingtiger wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

For a brake get a,

Front Brake:
-Brake- Odyssey EVO 2.5
-Cable- Odyssey Slic

Rear brake/ gyro:
...more

screamingtiger wrote:

Dude thanks a bunch for those links. I just get a 15% of code from dans comp but it appears they dont sell this bike. Why do ...more

Dans comp is a bit iffy at the moment. They dont actually stock everything they show on the site. Financially it makes sense to not have stock on the floor taking up space and not making any profit but it is very inconvenient for the customer to have to wait. I have not ordered from them in a long while so I cant say this issue hasnt been corrected but thats mostly why people are recommending other sites. Dans used to be the go-to.

|

9/14/2018 11:24 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

For a brake get a,

Front Brake:
-Brake- Odyssey EVO 2.5
-Cable- Odyssey Slic

Rear brake/ gyro:
...more

screamingtiger wrote:

Dude thanks a bunch for those links. I just get a 15% of code from dans comp but it appears they dont sell this bike. Why do ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Dans comp is a bit iffy at the moment. They dont actually stock everything they show on the site. Financially it makes sense ...more

Good point man. I did confirm ables has 12 in stock.

|

9/14/2018 11:27 AM

Honestly the only things the 2019 soundwave complete skimps on is the stem, sprocket and brakes...the rest is top shelf. About 100-200 bucks extra and you could have a 100 percent top of the line bike by switching those parts out. Even so, it is an amazing quality bike.

|

9/14/2018 11:28 AM

I’d buy one if the standover wasn’t so high

|

9/14/2018 12:40 PM

screamingtiger wrote:

No problem!! I wouldn't buy from Dans. They've got WAY downhill in the past few months..

I reccomend Empire as ive ordered shit from them for like a year and a half now and they haven't gotten any of my orders wrong... plus it's like a 3 hour drive from my house so my stuff gets here in like a day or two lol

|

9/14/2018 5:15 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

For a brake get a,

Front Brake:
-Brake- Odyssey EVO 2.5
-Cable- Odyssey Slic

Rear brake/ gyro:
...more

screamingtiger wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Dans comp is a bit iffy at the moment. They dont actually stock everything they show on the site. Financially it makes sense ...more

They are 2 hours away from me and used to be my favorite for any part..even if it cost a little bit more there I would buy it because of the convenience but now they fucking blow ass...albes is my shit now since they are just a state away either that or Ebay

|

9/14/2018 6:38 PM

coupon code “tape” lowers it to $916 on Albes

|

9/14/2018 7:20 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I’d buy one if the standover wasn’t so high

Slam the seat?

|

9/15/2018 12:57 PM

For the gyro, do I need a different compression cap on the fork so the front brake cable can go through? Getting ready to order this today!!!

|

9/15/2018 1:53 PM

screamingtiger wrote:

For the gyro, do I need a different compression cap on the fork so the front brake cable can go through? Getting ready to ...more

What fork are you getting?

|

9/15/2018 2:00 PM

screamingtiger wrote:

For the gyro, do I need a different compression cap on the fork so the front brake cable can go through? Getting ready to ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

f-25

|

9/15/2018 3:00 PM

Your Order Contains...
Cart Items SKU Qty Item Price Item Total
ODYSSEY BOTTOM GYRO CABLE
(Option: Bottom cable / Black)
SKU-16D02261 1 $6.95 USD $6.95 USD
ODYSSEY EVO 2.5 BRAKE
(options: Black)
B-283-BK 1 $47.95 USD $47.95 USD
ODYSSEY FREESTYLE F-25 FORK
(Option: Black / 3/8")
FOOD003BK38 1 $144.95 USD $144.95 USD
ODYSSEY HEADSET PRE-LOAD BOLT
(Option: Black)
FOOD005-2 1 $19.95 USD $19.95 USD
ODYSSEY M2 LEVER MEDIUM
(Options: Black)
SKU-E588DCD3 1 $23.95 USD $23.95 USD
ODYSSEY MONOLEVER LEVER (MEDIUM)
(Option: Left / Black)
BLOD003-4 1 $19.95 USD $19.95 USD
ODYSSEY SEALED GYRO GTX-S (ALUMINUM)
(Color: Black)
GYOD003BK 1 $39.95 USD $39.95 USD
ODYSSEY SLIC CABLE
(Option: Red)
BPOD003RD 1 $3.49 USD $3.49 USD
REMOVEABLE GYRO TABS
(Option: To fit most frames (besides Fly/T-1))
BPFL002[2] 1 $8.95 USD $8.95 USD
SNAFU GYRO PLATE
(options: Black)
[12287] 1 $9.95 USD $9.95 USD
SUNDAY SOUNDWAVE SPECIAL 2019 BIKE
(options: Surf Blue - 21" Top Tube)
SKU-7DD241FC 1 $1,029.95 USD $1,029.95 USD

|

9/15/2018 3:00 PM

$250 bucks to add a front brake LOL

|

9/15/2018 3:48 PM

screamingtiger wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

screamingtiger wrote:

f-25

Yeah then youll need a new top cap

|

9/15/2018 3:57 PM

Photo

You'll need something like this...
|