Sunday street sweeper or excelsior

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2017 4:12 AM

So after a long waiting for the distributor to get me a replacement frame i rather pay for the psotage to sunday and get it from them instead my cracked broadcaster if everythings going fine. But im kinda stuck between this 2 the street sweeper and the excelsior. Which one you guys would go with? anyway props to sunday to being really helpful during this time.

|

9/15/2017 6:09 AM

Uh... That's really a personal choice. The frame geometries are slightly different. The Street sweeper has a smaller TT choice if you need it. They have slightly (1/2 degree) different HT angles so they'll handle differently. CS lengths differ, Standover Height is different, BB height is different. If you can't ride them somewhere, take a look at the riders (Jake Seeley & Mark Burnett) who ride them & see if either of them are similar to your size/riding style, etc..;

|

9/15/2017 6:14 AM

I own the street sweeper, but there are times I wish i had a longer wheelbase. The street sweeper has a really short 12" backend. I run an r25 fork up front which makes that short wheelbase exaggerated. There has never been a time where i couldn't do something that was within my ability because the frame is too short. Its more of a mental thing.

Based on my experience Id probably chose the excelsior frame if I had to choose again. I will say that the streetsweeper feels more special. The features and that super short backend with a pretty steep headtube make it ride really different than any other frame.

Id say, ask yourself this do you have a hard time with manuals? If you dont this frame is awesome

I suck at them and I have found my last frame and pretty much everyone elses frame, feels easier to balance than the streetsweeper.

That being said, i LOVE my bike and cant wait to ride it again when I heal up.

Photo

|

9/15/2017 10:13 AM

I had the broadcaster what had a little bit more backend and i got the bsd donnachie now what has one of the shortest backend, i kinda like it that way, but both of them are 21" this time i want to try a 20.75 or even a 20.5 one for better spinning do you guys think thats a bad idea? I got an ody r25 fork and a kinda forward 9,5 bar an upload sxton stem and a lot of spacers if that makes any sense :D

Photo

|

9/15/2017 10:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 10:21 AM

coldmajki wrote:

I had the broadcaster what had a little bit more backend and i got the bsd donnachie now what has one of the shortest backend, ...more

If you are already used to a short back end and want a bike for spinning the streetsweeper is the better choice imo.

|