Sunday vs Haro

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2016 9:57 PM

I was thinking rather than a build kit just grab a good complete so here are my top two choices:

Haro interstate - https://www.danscomp.com/products/102670/2016_Haro_Interstate_Bike.html

Sunday ex - https://www.danscomp.com/products/102660/2016_Sunday_EX_Plus_Bike.html

How would pegs run with the hubs? And what hub guards would work on it?

|

5/30/2016 11:51 PM

The Sunday is better. But the haro is better value. Neither are bad for the price at all. The biggest difference between the 2 is the tt lengths, so I'd narrow it down to whichever tt length you prefer

|

5/31/2016 2:00 AM

As a complete , Sunday
As a company , Haro

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/31/2016 3:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2016 3:22 AM

I'd rather support Sunday than haro :p
Haro used to be OK (not even particularly good) back in the day. But sold out when bmx was quiet and for years made nothing but cheap shit department store bikes. Now bmx is big and they're back to make some money. Imo.

|

5/31/2016 6:09 AM

As a complete and a company, you cannot go wrong with any sunday part that you buy.

|

5/31/2016 6:59 AM

Haro kinda went downhill for a bit, I would go with Sunday as well

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

5/31/2016 7:08 AM

Haro Forsure

|

5/31/2016 7:26 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Haro used to be OK (not even particularly good) back in the day. But sold out when bmx was quiet and for years made nothing but cheap shit department store bikes. Now bmx is big and they're back to make some money. Imo.

I think this is a great description, and I would trust Sunday bikes now over Haro bikes now. 30 years ago, Haro was an "Industry Standard" (much like Sunday is now), but is not any more. They had their pro bikes that no one could afford, Their "LBS level" bikes that better riders saved up for, and then their entry level bikes that sort of "flooded the market"..

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

6/1/2016 11:21 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

I think this is a great description, and I would trust Sunday bikes now over Haro bikes now. 30 years ago, Haro was an "Industry Standard" (much like Sunday is now), but is not any more. They had their pro bikes that no one could afford, Their "LBS level" bikes that better riders saved up for, and then their entry level bikes that sort of "flooded the market"..

Where would that put premium?

|

6/2/2016 10:56 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

I am not real familiar with Premium, so I couldn't tell you...anyone else?

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

6/2/2016 11:31 AM

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

Premium WAS originally the parts brand that did the experimenting and keeping up with the trends, but has since kind of taken over in popularity between the two.

I would put it on the side, as a LITTLE more rider oriented VS aiming for a buck. But not much further over.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/2/2016 1:21 PM

My ears perked up when i read Haro on the thread.

Always wanted a Haro DV8 or Haro Shredder when i was younger.

I wish there was a Haro guy around here just like BlogHogs was to GT.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

6/2/2016 6:18 PM

They're very similar, but the hubs are different.

The Haro has a 14mm rear & 3/8" front, both male axles.

The Sunday has a 14mm female rear, and 3/8" female front (Or at least it says 14mm female in the rear, I can't find anything to confirm it besides Danscomp's description which is usually wrong about female axle sizes.) so if it is a 14mm female, I would definitely get the Sunday as the hubs are much better. If it's 3/8" female, it'll be okay, but if you're gonna be grinding you might end up bending the bolts, but they're cheap and easy to replace at least.

|

6/2/2016 7:13 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

It's haro's other line. Once upon a time, as Dave stated, it was their aftermarket parts and their place they'd test out new ideas. I always really liked them, even though haro always seemed meh since I got around bmx. When I was real young, haro was like the name I associated with the best bikes.

|

6/2/2016 9:29 PM

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

It's haro's other line. Once upon a time, as Dave stated, it was their aftermarket parts and their place they'd test out new ideas. I always really liked them, even though haro always seemed meh since I got around bmx. When I was real young, haro was like the name I associated with the best bikes.

ah ha. thanks for the info. In the 80's, Haro was definitely in what I call "The Original 5"...Mongoose, Haro, Redline, Hutch and GT. There was also Diamond Back and I think Raleigh was putting out bmx bikes in the late 80's. I do recognize Premium as a parts brand now that you mention it...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

6/3/2016 11:59 PM

I didn't even know you could get completes with 28-9 gearing. And you managed to find two of them.

Anyway I like the Sunday more than the Haro but a lot of it is personal preference.

|

6/4/2016 6:08 AM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

I was thinking rather than a build kit just grab a good complete so here are my top two choices:

Haro interstate - https://www.danscomp.com/products/102670/2016_Haro_Interstate_Bike.html

Sunday ex - https://www.danscomp.com/products/102660/2016_Sunday_EX_Plus_Bike.html

How would pegs run with the hubs? And what hub guards would work on it?

Sunday for sure, they deserve support.

Not even close in terms of quality in my opinion.

|