Sundaybmxrr or anyone else with similar experience

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2014 8:47 PM

I remembered talking about your frame once about riding a 20.5 and we're about the same height (I'm 5'9) basically i feel like my frame is too long and kind of harder to spin (20.75, 13.65, 75ht if that matters) i can still hop 3 and whatnot just not but I have to put a lot of effort in. I moved my bars back and it was easier to pop into manuals and spin but looked and felt awkward. I dont want a shorter cs since i loop out of everything with anything under 13.4. I've been kind of debating going to 20.5 for a while since it may be a bit more comfortable.

Tldr: how do you like 20.5 and is it nicer to manual/spin than longer frames?

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/20/2014 9:00 PM

I like 20.5"

but when I rode a 20.6" with a 14" rear end, I did feel the frame was kind of slow when spinning and when I went back to 20.5" with a slightly shorter rear end, spins felt like they came around much better.

didn't really notice much with manuals, I can usually adapt to geometry pretty quick. A shorter frame might help spins but also won't magically make your spins better though so keep that in mind

|

7/20/2014 9:02 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I like 20.5"

but when I rode a 20.6" with a 14" rear end, I did feel the frame was kind of slow when spinning and when I went ...more

Alright thanks man, i guess i think that with a shorter tt id feel better control? i guess haha. I'll have to pick one up and just try it I suppose.

|

7/20/2014 9:38 PM

Four wrote:

Alright thanks man, i guess i think that with a shorter tt id feel better control? i guess haha. I'll have to pick one up and ...more

Maybe, I mean isn't the Sunday Broadcaster frame super responsive due to how short is it? I'm not a huge frame geometry guy so I'm not sure haha so given that you would probably feel like you have more control but I THINK a slightly shorter rear end would make more of a difference but that's just how I see it.

|

7/21/2014 5:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2014 5:23 AM

I'm 5.8 and running 20.75tt with my chainstay @ 13.5 and that's perfect for me.

i gave my son my old bike and that was 20.5tt with the chainstay @ 13.50 also, sometimes I have a go on his bike when we ride together and spins come round a lot quicker on his bike with the shorter toptube.

But...my other backup bike is 20.5 aswell with a 13.75 chainstay and that's alot harder to spin, than both other bikes, so that being said I'd defo say that its chainstay length that makes the most difference in how responsive / agile a frame is, a shorter TT will help, but not as much as a shorter CS.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/21/2014 8:36 AM

I'm running a 20.5 with CS of 13.6 and I spin much better on that than my old 20.75 with 13.35 CS. It took a good day of riding to get used to it, but now I really like it.

|

I love sketchy shit
this is my ride
Team Hazard for life.

7/22/2014 2:08 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. I guess i sometimes feel like my arms are too far out or something idk. Yeah i've rode some pretty short cs frames but it always seem to effect my stability and hops and whatnot. I'll have to see if I can find a good deal on a 20.5 frame and just try it.

|