Super Sketch frame idea

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2016 11:28 PM

So basically I wanted to buy something for myself for Christmas and attempt to save up for the rest of the the year for home appliances for when I move out or car insurance for a year ( like 3500$ for new drivers ) but until then I want to get one thing . There's a couple frames I'm feeling , but I'm kinda being picky and it's insane how much they are in Canada.

I'm pretty set on a raw / weld marks showing frame , but on 3ride there's a S&M Tallboy in 21" that seems pretty chill , but it only comes in green . It's 600$ new but I can get it for 400$ shipped new , but I'd have to get it like tomorrow before the deal and code goes away . It's not a super tech frame , and it's not raw , but it seems decent .

I thought about getting a BSD Passenger V2 in raw 21.1" , it seems good but I'd be paying a bit more , and it's not like a first go pick , BSD holds it down but spec wise I would probably prefer the S&M more , but it's green like I said so who knows . The BSD has a shorter end which is ideal .

My dream frame right now is a Fly Geo , but that's looking at the 500-600$ range to get it shipped from Dans and taxes , border fees , etc . No local shop or distro carries it here , so I'd almost have to ship it . I'm not sure that amount is worth it when I can get another frame for 1/3 less basically .

I'm always bouncing ideas though , I hate that . I might just get the S&M and live with the green but I don't really know so I wouldn't mind any insight . I'm the type who overthinks parts and then gets whatever and rides it happily so who knows . You can't raw a frame and make it show welds can you ? Sounds childish but I really want that look .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/3/2016 11:58 PM

Fuckit and buy the geo.

|

1/3/2016 11:59 PM

Buy the s&m, raw it. Problem solved smile

|

1/4/2016 12:02 AM

The Tall Boy comes in "Trans Green" which means you will still be able to see the welds through the paint (just not the multiple colors from the welds). Also you can 100% remove the trans green paint and then clear coat it (making "Clear Raw"), or leave it un-coated raw.

The colors from the welds don't go away when they get painted over... smile

|

1/4/2016 12:11 AM

^ those colours are caused by over heating during welding. It makes no structural difference due to heat treatment, but with painted frames they usually get rid of it when prepping it for paint.
I had trans red hoder bars, I rawed them, it was slightly discoloured at the welds, but didn't have the pretty colours, just a bit darker

|

1/4/2016 12:36 AM

Buy the Geo! Even if you must suffer eating only ramen noodles everyday for awhile; you will not regret buying the frame you truly wanted! Nothing wrong with diving for Happiness.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/4/2016 12:39 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

^ those colours are caused by over heating during welding. It makes no structural difference due to heat treatment, but with painted frames they usually get rid of it when prepping it for paint.
I had trans red hoder bars, I rawed them, it was slightly discoloured at the welds, but didn't have the pretty colours, just a bit darker

Interesting... I've seen a couple of S&M frames on the internet that have been stripped and they still had the colors around the welds.

OP, if you don't get the Tall Boy for the discount, just get the Fly Geo frame. That money difference is nothing compared to how much $$$ we Americans have to spend on all the cool JDM shit you guys can import before us!

|

1/4/2016 1:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2016 1:53 AM

The Tallboy isn't a first pick either . Tbh none of S&M specs are my most willing to try . The closest would be the Whammo , or the Bonesaw . But my homie already has a raw Whammo and it has the same standover as my current frame. So both are debatable .

The Fly seems to have everything I think I'd like in a frame . Haven't owned tons of frames but it seems fun and something I'd like . The only issue is 1 , the price and availability , and 2 , it's a flat raw so I'd have to clear coat it but that's not too difficult .

It's still debatable , and to be frank I don't even need a new frame . I just want to switch it up and try out something more specific to what I like and finally have that "frame" or part you want haha . It'd be the last big change in my bike for a long time .

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/4/2016 2:05 AM

Why would you clear coat the flat raw, homie?

|

1/4/2016 11:37 AM

You could save some major coin if you kew someone that lived in the US, had them order it for you then ship it to you. Kind of outlandish but just an idea if price is a factor.

|

RIP Randy Taylor

Check out my edits @ youtube

Refs: getemslough, ktm-kx339, Redcrayon, kneegrow, KTM339, eod1214, tylerkng96, diamondgang760, tibug, White Knight, Dolphin, 562_Rider, joe loves shadow, Michael_Melendez, Sessionpro, aguers, Stolen Boy, ecuadevil, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Vam999

1/5/2016 12:03 PM

When you strip the paint off a translucent S&M frame, it will still show the weld marks.

Here's a pic of Riley's Trans Purple Whammo after he applied some paint stripper.

Photo

Realistically tough, you should join the cool kids club and get a Bonesaw.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/5/2016 2:00 PM

Bonesaw frame or design your own and get a laird frame , won't be much more than an s&m here in Canada

|

1/5/2016 3:02 PM

transition_chris wrote:

When you strip the paint off a translucent S&M frame, it will still show the weld marks.

Here's a pic of Riley's Trans Purple Whammo after he applied some paint stripper.

Photo

Realistically tough, you should join the cool kids club and get a Bonesaw.

Damn that Whammo is sick!

I totally forgot you Canadians have your own S&M frame. The Bonesaw seems to be pretty much what the OP is looking for.

|

1/5/2016 5:47 PM

This used to be Trans Sky Blue... you can raw S&M and Fit products that are USA made and get this affect.Photo

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/5/2016 8:14 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

This used to be Trans Sky Blue... you can raw S&M and Fit products that are USA made and get this affect.Photo

I was going to ask on your Facebook post actually.

I heard Tim say the weld marks would disappear I think , but who knows . Anyways I passed on the Tallboy . I ended up buying jeans and clothes , so maybe next time . The specs weren't my first anyways like I said. It's good to know that they look like that though .

Which leads me to another question , my CK is heat treated , so if I wanted to raw that , and use paint thinner , would it have the same affect or no ? If they heat treat it , and apply paint right after then I presume it would , but who knows .

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/9/2016 8:29 AM

Selling my fly geo if you're interested

|

2/9/2016 8:31 AM

He Just got a bonesaw frame it looks sick

|

2/9/2016 8:34 AM

eskimojay wrote:

He Just got a bonesaw frame it looks sick

That's whats up! Bonedeth rules

|

If it ain't broke...

2/9/2016 8:36 AM

Bonesaw frame is 1664 x S&M

But bonedeth does kick ass

|

2/9/2016 8:50 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Bonesaw frame is 1664 x S&M

But bonedeth does kick ass

Lol I was picturing sean burns frame the whole time not the bonesaw

|

If it ain't broke...

2/10/2016 4:45 AM

Buzzbegone wrote:

Buy the Geo! Even if you must suffer eating only ramen noodles everyday for awhile; you will not regret buying the frame you truly wanted! Nothing wrong with diving for Happiness.

Can i just say this idea SUCKS. Ive been buying a shit ton for my bike recently (new frane, tyres, stem, chain, bearings, rims, freecoaster, tools etc) and now i have no money and it suuuuuucks. Fuck noodles, save some moneys for proper food because living on the poor is funny n all, but whe its raining outside and you cant ride, eating the same cheap shit non stop is killer.

I really like food tho aha

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)