Switch barspin helpppp

Related:
Create New Tag

6/26/2013 6:03 PM

A friend of mine was trying them today so I figured I'd try them too, took a while but I finally grew a nutsack & threw the bars.. but my bike keeps falling to the side. I can barspin clockwise right now and don't have that problem since the way my feet are (right foot forward) but I can't seem to keep my bike from not falling peg side down when I toss them switch, which is counterclockwise... Any tips? They look semi good at least, better than my regular haha Photo

|

6/26/2013 6:22 PM

i just learned switch bars yesterday, i was surprised that i didnt have any problems like this and it actually only took me 6 or so trys to land them, i find that my bike does go on a funny angle and i think i just counter balance myself? like, i think i lean toward the side thats opposite the way its falling. try positioning yourself differently, i definitely dont do regular bars the same way i do my switch ones, i dont know of anyone that does near me

|

6/26/2013 6:49 PM

yeah I was thinking if I just lean one way it might work out better but it feels weird. Do you think it would help if I caught the right side of my bars so it can't fall down that way? I'm still working on them obviously, I'll throw a video up in a moment but I definitely think I need to flick em faster

|

6/26/2013 6:53 PM

well your footing does depend on the way you bar. so maybe try it opposite footed?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/26/2013 6:54 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

yeah I was thinking if I just lean one way it might work out better but it feels weird. Do you think it would help if I caught ...more

yeah switch bars feel real trippy ha, yeah if i dont catch then my bike falls to the ground so definitely try catch that hand, i pass mine round i think, but whne i do regular bars i throw and catch

|

6/26/2013 6:54 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

well your footing does depend on the way you bar. so maybe try it opposite footed?

That'd be retarded though cause then I'd never feel comfortable doing them

|

6/26/2013 6:55 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

yeah switch bars feel real trippy ha, yeah if i dont catch then my bike falls to the ground so definitely try catch that hand, ...more

?feature=player_detailpage

I made a grab for the right side of my bars but only once it fell haha
|

6/26/2013 6:55 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

That'd be retarded though cause then I'd never feel comfortable doing them

this isnt necessarily true, i switch feet for my whips, and i can do them everywhere, however, barspins switch footed would be very weird.

|

6/26/2013 6:58 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

yeah I was thinking if I just lean one way it might work out better but it feels weird. Do you think it would help if I caught ...more

Caelum Persson wrote:

yeah switch bars feel real trippy ha, yeah if i dont catch then my bike falls to the ground so definitely try catch that hand, ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:
?feature=player_detailpage

I made a grab for the right side of my bars but only once it fell haha

maybe try clamp your cranks alot, and i know myself wth switch bars i catch the bar before it even gets to 270, maybe try catch it earlier

|

6/26/2013 7:00 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

maybe try clamp your cranks alot, and i know myself wth switch bars i catch the bar before it even gets to 270, maybe try ...more

I'll try to pinch them, and maybe catch them at around the 270 mark. I feel like I have more control over these than my regular cause now I'm catching with my right hand and I'm more coordinated with that

|

6/26/2013 7:01 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

this isnt necessarily true, i switch feet for my whips, and i can do them everywhere, however, barspins switch footed would be ...more

I can hop and 180 switch footed, but everything else feels like I'm relearning how to ride haha

|

6/26/2013 7:03 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'll try to pinch them, and maybe catch them at around the 270 mark. I feel like I have more control over these than my ...more

yeah my switch ones lowkey feel more controlled too.
i can hop whip switch foot, 3 whips switch foot, just anything with a whip in it that i do is switch ha

|

6/26/2013 7:50 PM

I see an e30 in the background of the picture. tongue

|

Refs: Scramhype x3, IRideAFly, Tomdon x2, HateBreeder x2, AndrewPeakmanBMX, TrendyDoo

For faster reply text me at 7024964706