Switch footed grinds

Related:
Create New Tag

2/25/2014 7:49 PM

I put on pegs again. I can slightly feeble grind but I cannot stay on the ledge. I grind switch footed (Right side pegs ; back foot) so I was wondering if that's why I can't really stay balanced. My friend can feeble the whole ledge and he grinds normal ,so it's a bit annoying. Should I try placing my back pedal on the ledge? Because the way I do them , it's just the peg and the tire

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/25/2014 8:02 PM

Wait, so what foot do you ride forward naturally? And which side do you grind on naturally?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/25/2014 8:10 PM

same. I'm left forward and grind right. it is harder to keep balance

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/25/2014 8:17 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

same. I'm left forward and grind right. it is harder to keep balance

I try to grind left cause both ways feel natural. Being goofy-footed, hopping up onto the right is easier, but grinding on the left is also easier cause I can kick the frame out to the left naturally.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

2/25/2014 8:52 PM

#fourpegz

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

2/25/2014 9:03 PM

It's the same as oppo grinds, just try putting your body position over the ledge a bit more. Don't put your foot down!

|

2/25/2014 9:28 PM

I'm left foot forward and spin to the right and also grind on the right. It seems natural because it's what I've always and never really been an issue. Sometimes I find myself putting my back pedal on ledges and sometimes not during feebles. When I run alloy pedals, I tend to not put my rear pedal down but with plastics I don't really care. As far as balance, sure it would help because you've got more points of contact.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

2/25/2014 11:28 PM

i'm left foot forward with rhd, spin to the right and i have pegs on the left side

am i doing it right?

|

2/25/2014 11:57 PM

ultrasonic wrote:

i'm left foot forward with rhd, spin to the right and i have pegs on the left side

am i doing it right?

Yeah, that's the typical way. So is right foot forward, spin left, and grind on right side.

|

Winter is over-rated

2/26/2014 9:22 PM

Thanks. Grinding scares me like no other. I'm more comfortable throwing (but not landing) whips and bars , as well as fat 360's then doing a feeble on a foot high ledge.

I feel comfortable hopping into my back foot. I'm not going to do switch grinds until I get regular (technically regular for me , even though it's opposite) and my set up isn't great for it.

I'll try to get them dialed when it gets nice out.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/26/2014 9:36 PM

try to stay centered over the ledge ad your bike when you grind, make sure youre committing 100% and that you dont just kinda push your bike into the ledge without hopping

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

2/26/2014 9:43 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Thanks. Grinding scares me like no other. I'm more comfortable throwing (but not landing) whips and bars , as well as fat ...more

Sounds like a mental block then. Like you said, keep practicing them when you can and you'll get over it. Find a small ledge or box first to get over your nerves and then work your way up.

|

Winter is over-rated

2/26/2014 11:07 PM

I don't understand.. Putting down pedals on grinds is a really bad habit. Besides killing your pedals (plastic mostly in this case), you'll become more dependent on it.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

2/26/2014 11:24 PM

I grind naturally on my back foot, my fav grind at the moment is hopping I to either a double peg or a feeble and pushing my back pedal down onto the ledge/rail and sort of back pedal and peg ice thing.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.