Switch tailwhips

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2013 7:06 PM

I've thrown them before but never got anywhere with them, except for today. I tried and tried and tried and eventually got over frame and even 1 foot on the pedal! A bunch of times too, but I can't seem to get my other foot on.. Now here's where I need some help, if I can.. idk how many people on here can do switch whips? I know kingswag can so maybe he can help me if he pops in here

should I just try reversing what I do for regular whips? Or just worry about getting to my bike and riding away 1 footed? If so, tips for that or should I just keep practicing? I'm gonna keep practicing regardless but yeah. Any tips are welcome.

Video below, run through instagram to brighten it up cause the regular clip was a bit dark ):

?feature=player_detailpage
|

8/25/2013 7:31 PM

I can't do whips but have you tried like just waiting a little longer before you start the whip? Like level out a bit more first cuz it looks like you arms are a bit too high or something, dunno mate not sure....what do I know.

Your close tho keep at it mate.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/25/2013 8:14 PM

i wish i could get that close on regular whips

|

8/25/2013 8:17 PM

I know for switch whips you gotta use more arm than leg for sure unless you practice kicking but it doesn't work for everybody.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/25/2013 9:17 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I know for switch whips you gotta use more arm than leg for sure unless you practice kicking but it doesn't work for everybody.

haha I use all arms on my whips now, but I throw goofy whips.. so technically they're switch? if that makes sense. so maybe if I actually give it a kick it'll help me out I guess on switch ones

|

8/25/2013 9:20 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

haha I use all arms on my whips now, but I throw goofy whips.. so technically they're switch? if that makes sense. so maybe if I actually give it a kick it'll help me out I guess on switch ones

Yeah, that's right! Your feet are already set up for switch tailwhips (actually natural). For me, I'm goofy but I tailwhip to the right so it's normal. And maybe in 10 years, I can already naturally downside tailwhip, lol.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/26/2013 5:40 AM

Your bike gets higher than you and your foot hit the ground first, try keeping the bike under you and whipping it faster.

And no, I cannot do switch whips, BUT I learned them both directions to the same point (one foot on) years ago because I got frustrated with not pulling them one way.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2013 6:55 AM

Look at you complaining, "I can't switch whip" aha, i'm sure you'll get them.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/5/2013 3:45 PM

try keep your body higher, i cant quite switch whip either but i can get over and front foot i just always miss my back foot, just try get ya body higher

|

9/5/2013 4:40 PM

Thats the most perfect flyout I've ever seen

|