Switchable freecoasters

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2018 3:18 AM

I been riding my salt trapez freecoaster for a long time now and sadly it got really woobly by now so i was thinking to get a new hub and i would stick with thia technology. Do you guys have any experience with the vocal freecoster or the ezra one? I really love the salt one but if other of these 2 is more durable considering to swap to them. Also would the vocal hub body fit the salt internals? Im 80% sure it would but better ask before get it for no reason

|

1/7/2018 3:53 AM

As far as I'm aware, the salt hub is made cheaper with cheaper materials. I can't really remember, but that's why I was hesitant to get the salt one. I went for it in the end anyway, because it was cheap and I was only trying it out. So, chances are either of the others will last longer. And I'm pretty sure the internals are exactly the same as the ezra (only not as good quality)

|

1/7/2018 6:00 AM

Profile zcoaster

|

It’s all bmx

1/7/2018 6:11 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

As far as I'm aware, the salt hub is made cheaper with cheaper materials. I can't really remember, but that's why I was ...more

So you got the salt one? Was it indeed made cheaper? Did it/has it held up?

|

1/7/2018 6:19 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

As far as I'm aware, the salt hub is made cheaper with cheaper materials. I can't really remember, but that's why I was ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

So you got the salt one? Was it indeed made cheaper? Did it/has it held up?

Its a really good hub imo only weak point is the axle i broke one and bent 2, one is my fault other than that im not sure but has it for 3-4 years or more and still working fine just the body worn out because i was using it with the bent axle and made it woobly trough this time no broken bearings or anything else

|

1/7/2018 6:51 AM

I sold mine almost straight away, I hate slack and only bought it to try out a freecoaster. If you check the specs I'm pretty sure the ezra one is advertised as having a chromoly axle and driver, and better bearings or something compared to the salt one

|